Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:14 AM #476 of 496
Originally Posted by Max Biggs
Hahah. My mom got too excited and fainted during the season finale of this show. My dad had to take her to the emergency room. ^_^
O__O sup Max Biggs!

Also, wtf! We gotta wait over half a year to see the next season?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[/RIGHT]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 02:19 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 01:19 AM #477 of 496
Yep, it's been like that for the last two seasons. I've learned to deal with it though, because it's way better than the alternative, which is what they did during seasons 1-3 (starting in September, taking like a month-long hiatus for baseball, couple of more episodes, another break, and then the rest of the season, sometimes with another break or two thrown in).

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:50 PM #478 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Yep, it's been like that for the last two seasons. I've learned to deal with it though, because it's way better than the alternative, which is what they did during seasons 1-3 (starting in September, taking like a month-long hiatus for baseball, couple of more episodes, another break, and then the rest of the season, sometimes with another break or two thrown in).
Yeah, I hate that old way.

24 is incredible because it opens with a 4-hour premiere, has a 2-hour midpoint, and ends with a 2-hour special. AND ALL THE EPISODES INBETWEEN ARE NEW, NO REPEATS, NO OFF WEEKS.

Lost didn't quite get that concept, and that's why I FRIGGIN' HATE IT SOMETIMES. 1/2 week breaks, 2 or 3 new episodes, then another break, then a few episodes, then a break... ARG!!!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:30 PM #479 of 496
Movie a few years ago called Spy Game
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266987/

involved busting Brad Pitt out of a Chinese prison. Good movie, could be a premise for next year.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:17 PM #480 of 496
Some interesting news...

Originally Posted by tvguide.com's Entertainment News

24 Isn't Ordering Chinese

Despite how Monday's season finale left off, the sixth season of Fox's 24 will not pick up with Jack Bauer riding a slow boat to China as a political prisoner. "I don’t think much of the story will take place in China," executive producer Howard Gordon tells the trade mag TV Week. "It's just an impractical thing given the real-time constraints, because it would take Jack 16 hours — three-quarters of the [season] — to get back to L.A." If Jack's imprisonment isn't the hook for 24's January '07 return, what is? Howard shared no details, noting, "I just started writing the first [episode] this morning" — meaning only two or three main characters have been killed thus far.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:30 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:30 PM #481 of 496
Maybe he's getting shipped to Chinatown in San Francisco. THEY'RE TORTURE HIM WITH FORTUNE COOKIES.

How ya doing, buddy?
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:47 PM #482 of 496
Tagline for the next season: Forget it, Jack. It's Chinatown

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 07:29 PM #483 of 496
Maybe he'll get tortured by that Chinese dentist dude from Alias.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 07:05 PM #484 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Lost didn't quite get that concept, and that's why I FRIGGIN' HATE IT SOMETIMES. 1/2 week breaks, 2 or 3 new episodes, then another break, then a few episodes, then a break... ARG!!!!
Don't forget the RECAP EPISODES every other week.

Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Maybe he's getting shipped to Chinatown in San Francisco. THEY'RE TORTURE HIM WITH FORTUNE COOKIES.
And the homosexuals. How can you forget the homosexuals?!

Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 11:54 PM #485 of 496
I wonder who they will kill off? I just hope its not Chloe or Bill. They are my fav characters from CTU. I bet Audrey will die, though. And maybe his daughter? Who knows, anything can happen really.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:42 AM #486 of 496
Originally Posted by Josh_1
I wonder who they will kill off? I just hope its not Chloe or Bill. They are my fav characters from CTU. I bet Audrey will die, though. And maybe his daughter? Who knows, anything can happen really.
That sounds like sarcasm to me. Anyway, if there's one thing 24 first episodes should have taught us all over the years is that they're unpredicatable. I remember when I was in this thread for season four and we all tried to predict how season 5 would start and none of us were even close. That being said I'll offer this. If you'll remember it was Logan who was the President during season 4. Seeing as he's going down as a traitor I'm sure something can reasonably be blamed on him and his actions.

As for the season 5 finale, I think it was pretty good. Not outstandingly great but certainly closer to that than it was bad. Although we've all come to expect a lot out of Jack Bauer, let's face it, expecting him to get a confession out of the president in 10 minutes was simply unreasonable. I thought in the back of my mind he might, but all things considered I knew it wasn't going to happen. It was well written. They gave Logan enough brains to be paranoid enough to believe that his wife had a listening device, but the twist was that it was on him, and all the while gave Jack the balls and power to kidnapp the goddamned president in the first place. Furthermore it was more appropriate to have him dragged off in the middle of his speech than to just mysteriously not make it. It's more embarrasing that way, and it also allows for the looks on his wife's and Mike's faces.

The Chinese's involvement was to be expected, but there was really no way around it. People were wondering about the Chinese before the season even started. The writers couldn't possibly have ended the season without them having a major footprint on it. The way they kidnapped him; even Jack has to let his guard down sometimes. I was suspect as soon as I didn't see a SPRINT cell phone brought to him and he was directed towards a generic LAN line, but meh it's plausable.

I say execpt the finale for what it was. Not groundbreaking, but certianly able to hold water, and look forward to season 6.

AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 01:28 AM #487 of 496
Also, did anyone else think that Logan was going to jump in front of the soldier's gun salutes? The camera switching and his previous attempt at suicide had me at the edge of my seat. Sorry if that was mentioned before.

And yes, waiting until January is hellish, considering the NFL Playoffs begin at that time, but it's WAY better than what Fox did with 24 before as previously mentioned...and Futurama...and every other good show cancelled by Fox due to ridiculous scheduling tactics.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:45 AM #488 of 496
Originally Posted by AC1
Also, did anyone else think that Logan was going to jump in front of the soldier's gun salutes? The camera switching and his previous attempt at suicide had me at the edge of my seat. Sorry if that was mentioned before.
I was thinking more like he was going to be picked off by snipers by his "superiors" (the guys he was reporting to), since he has information about them.

Ah, and Hotobu. It's "landline," not "LAN line."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landline

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 02:52 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 02:52 AM #489 of 496
http://www.emmys.org/awards/2006pt/a...writingdra.php

So I think 24 is actually going to take most of the awards this year, even though I don't consider this season its greatest season. However, it was watched by the most people.

Quote:
"24," with what many considered its strongest season, led all series with 12 nominations, followed by “Grey’s Anatomy” with 11. Both received best drama series bids and were joined in the category by “House,” “The Sopranos” and “The West Wing.”For “24,” Kiefer Sutherland received a best-actor bid.
The other BIG noms here include President Logan (Itzin) and even Martha for Best Supporting Actress

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 02:20 AM #490 of 496
If 24 could only win one of those awards, I hope Jean Smart wins for playing Martha Logan. Martha was definitely the best new character this season, and Jean Smart's performance was superb. I want the show to win all the awards it's nominated for, but especially that one.

I of course would also like to see Kiefer Sutherland win for once, but it seems like they'll never give him the award no matter how good he is. Maybe since a lot of the bigger names (like James Gandolfini or last year's winner, James Spader) aren't on there, he'll stand a chance this year.

As for the show's actual chances of winning, I highly doubt it will win all of them. Just looking at the best drama category, Grey's Anatomy is definitely the highest rated show out of the group, so that might help it's chances. House had pretty strong ratings this season as well, but I don't think they were as high as last year's (I still haven't definitively heard whether 24 or House was FOX's highest rated scripted series this year, though I think it was 24). I've heard that a lot of people though that the last season of The Sopranos was pretty weak, so I doubt it will win. As for The West Wing, that show probably stands the most chance of winning. Most people said this last season was an improvement over other recent seasons, and the fact that this was the show's last year on the air definitely helps its chances.

But no matter what, 12 nominations alone is already a good thing. I doubt the show will walk away totally empty-handed (it always wins some of those creative arts emmys), but even if it did, having the most nominations out of any television show is still something to be proud of.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:00 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 11:00 AM #491 of 496
For some reason I thought kiefer won for the first season, but that was the golden globes for one season.

And Lost beat it last year, don't know if that was much deserved even though season 4 was the worst season. Just goes to show you how much Lost sucks now, now that it isnt even nominated. And the West Wing, Sopranos, won already. And there is no way House will get it. So its really all Greys, and 24.

And yeah it seems to win almost all of the obscure awards every time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 09:30 AM #492 of 496
Originally Posted by Josh_1
To find out who'll die in the next season, maybe we should try finding out how many other projects (filming a movie, etc.) that actor(s) is working on.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 05:59 PM #493 of 496
Interesting news today, though it might be considered spoilers for some:

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by tvguide.com's Entertainment News

Official 24 Scoop: President Palmer Lives On

When 24 returns in January 2007, there will be a familiar butt sitting in the president's chair: Fox has revealed that D.B. Woodside, aka David Palmer's brother Wayne, is moving into the Oval Office for Season 6. Moreover, Regina King (Jerry Maguire, Ray) has been cast as the Palmer boys' sister, Angela, an advocacy lawyer.

Source

That's certainly an interesting turn of events, and I hope they explain how it happens. Either way, it turns him into a much more important character (though of course he was already important to some degree) than I ever thought he would be.

I was speaking idiomatically.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:27 PM #494 of 496
Spoiler:
Not only does America in "24 Land" elect a black man as president, but they elect TWO black men as presidents!

This show has crossed over into impossibility.

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 09:14 PM #495 of 496
Spoiler:
I've got no problems DB is an awesome actor, and I think his character'll make a really interesting President.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 01:22 AM #496 of 496
Man I don't know why I clicked on that spoiler, but I did =( I thought it was going to be a locale spoiler or something.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion