Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Naruto
Closed Thread

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:03 PM #26 of 814
Nothing's been missed, otherwise we'd be seeing a shitload of screencaps on 4chan or Narutofan.com.

I need my post-timeskip fights now.

Most amazing jew boots
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:22 PM #27 of 814
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Lewis
I need my post-timeskip fights now.
I agree with you but all we got right now is pre-filler fights.
:goes and re-watches neji vs spider dude:

Most amazing jew boots
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:19 PM #28 of 814
Originally Posted by ComCrimson
I've only really got into this series over the past few months so i'm only on episode 83 currently so i can't comment on the fillers, but i am loving this anime and the manga is pretty good as well. Although to me the anime follows the manga pretty much exactly (obviously aside from the fillers you're talking about)
Here's the warning, anything after Episode 135ish is pure 100% filler. There are some fillers before Ep#135, but nothing as near as plentiful as right now.
I remember watching the seasons in bulk, spending eight hours at a time watching Naruto (blows away the freqency of CN's release of Nauro, which is why I have no patience for the fillers).

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:27 PM #29 of 814
I just watched Naruto 171 for whatever reason. What is this.

Spoiler:
Naruto goes Kyuubi mode against some the Thing from the Black Lagoon.

The animation was pretty bad. I felt like I was watching an episode of Jem. I'd take a screencap but VLC is being pretty gay. Anko appears in one scene totally out of proportion. That's unacceptable.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:29 PM #30 of 814
Are you kidding? Do you remember the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight? During the climax, the animation was poorly done.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:40 PM #31 of 814
i thought it looked fine and mature. they only focused on the fight and added a little flcl feel to it so that the movement and fighting can be a lil more interesting. at least thats how i feel about it

FELIPE NO
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:43 PM #32 of 814
As far as animation quality goes, it seems like the put the most work into the:
Spoiler:
Gaara vs. Rock Lee fight. It has some CG panning for the ground and also is my favorite Naruto fight portrayed in the Anime.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:50 PM #33 of 814
Originally Posted by Neogin
Are you kidding? Do you remember the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight? During the climax, the animation was poorly done.
There was a screen that I remember seemed very poor.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:57 PM #34 of 814
I actually loved the animation in episode 133, otherwise known as the BEST PART OF THE SASUKE/NARUTO FIGHT. A lot of the action was filler, but it was nicely animated and choreographed.

But I do agree. Screenshots of that episode (or even the Orochimaru/Sasuke fight in episode 30) are ugly as homemade sin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:07 PM #35 of 814
The funny thing is you don't notice this stuff if you follo the action. Some poepl just have too much time to scan the video frame by frame and find these rush jobs.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:12 PM #36 of 814
It's not even really a rush job. The simpler the artwork, the easier it is to animate. Naruto doesn't have the budget an anime like Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig would have (and even then the actual frames aren't detailed to hell). It also doesn't need it, as the fights are still enjoyable. I'm more interested in what the characters are doing rather than whether or not I can see their dandruff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:12 PM #37 of 814
Originally Posted by Rydia
There was a screen that I remember seemed very poor.

they decided to leave the fighting animation to the ones that didflcl.. but yeah its obvious that the 2nd one looks better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:15 PM #38 of 814
It's not even really a rush job. The simpler the artwork, the easier it is to animate. Naruto doesn't have the budget an anime like Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig would have (and even then the actual frames aren't detailed to hell). It also doesn't need it, as the fights are still enjoyable. I'm more interested in what the characters are doing rather than whether or not I can see their dandruff.
Apparently a lot of people do have the time and focurs to post the silly things they notice while watching Naruto.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:26 PM #39 of 814
Oh, I've seen that thread. Pretty ridiculous stuff.

And I just realized that you had a GiTS signature. What a coincidence (referring to my earlier comment).

FELIPE NO
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:29 PM #40 of 814
Oh, I've seen that thread. Pretty ridiculous stuff.

And I just realized that you had a GiTS signature. What a coincidence (referring to my earlier comment).
Yes and now I can use the 87.5KB 24bit version, unlike on the old GFF.
It's utterly funny how the plot to a filler can be so much worse than the worst source material. It's like they can't think idependantly of Kishimoto.

How ya doing, buddy?
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:32 PM #41 of 814
Originally Posted by jouhou
I agree with you but all we got right now is pre-filler fights.
:goes and re-watches neji vs spider dude:
I love that fight.... I've watched it like 8 times LOL, fillers make me bored.

And I must admit, this last filler (174) was by FAR, THE WORST EVER. HOLY CRAP... I was embarrassed while watching it, and no one was even home.

It was shit. K gave my two cents..

Ps... can't wait till these things are over, I wanna see some kakashi .

How ya doing, buddy?
The Hartt School
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:33 PM #42 of 814
Originally Posted by Imkylepiano=)
I love that fight.... I've watched it like 8 times LOL, fillers make me bored.

And I must admit, this last filler (174) was by FAR, THE WORST EVER. HOLY CRAP... I was embarrassed while watching it, and no one was even home.

It was shit. K gave my two cents..

Ps... can't wait till these things are over, I wanna see some kakashi .
The farther you go into the abyss the more likely you are to get lost...

Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:51 PM #43 of 814
Anyone worried about the manga?

Spoiler:
Latest chapter with Nartuo going Kyubi-mode with 4 tails... That was just plain ridiculous.... I'm so afraid Naruto with take the DBZ path where there are no longer ninjutsu but simply who has the biggest power (see YuYu Hakusho)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:11 PM #44 of 814
I think that the worst set of animation is during the chuunin exams when Sasuke shows up. Did you see his bangs? They were like giant paddles on the side of his face! And don't even get me started on what they did to poor Gaara.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Baaah~
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:19 PM #45 of 814
Originally Posted by Kamui
Anyone worried about the manga?

Spoiler:
Latest chapter with Nartuo going Kyubi-mode with 4 tails... That was just plain ridiculous.... I'm so afraid Naruto with take the DBZ path where there are no longer ninjutsu but simply who has the biggest power (see YuYu Hakusho)
Recent Manga Chapters
Spoiler:
The fight with the 4-Tailed Kyuubi Naruto was nothing like DBZ. Sure Naruto was only using brute force, but Orochimaru displayed the most progression in his jutsu knowledge and execution (or jutsu he never had any reason to reveal before).

Kyuubi Naruto is fun for the occassional brute strength and explosive power, but usually those up against him MUST rely on shinobi strategy. In the case of Sasuke, he had no choice but to get more chakra to deliver a final, single blow to shut Naruto up. The problem with Naruto is that he gets angry easily, especially with his (fruity, but understandable) obsession with "saving" Sasuke.

If we're introduced to Curse Seal 3, 4, and 5 or something like that, I'll be kind of irritated. We don't need any more, and if Sasuke's anywhere near as good as Orochimaru is, he simply doesn't need it. Jiraiya has no seal and he was able to beat Kyuubi 4 Tailed Naruto. It's not about who has the most chakra.

At least not yet.

There's always the possibility of Naruto turning into a DBZ clone. A lot of people believe it already has, but it's just sticking somewhat closely to the rules of "shonen manga." That's pretty irritating, sure, but it's to be expected. Remember, this manga's targeted towards little Japanese kids with ginormous backpacks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:34 PM #46 of 814
The difference between battles (What I assume to resemble DBZ...I won't go into power levels) is that Dragonball takes 4 episodes for an attack, but 4 episode fights in Naruto actually have a variety of things occuring.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:42 PM #47 of 814
Recent Manga Chapters
Spoiler:
The fight with the 4-Tailed Kyuubi Naruto was nothing like DBZ. Sure Naruto was only using brute force, but Orochimaru displayed the most progression in his jutsu knowledge and execution (or jutsu he never had any reason to reveal before).

Kyuubi Naruto is fun for the occassional brute strength and explosive power, but usually those up against him MUST rely on shinobi strategy. In the case of Sasuke, he had no choice but to get more chakra to deliver a final, single blow to shut Naruto up. The problem with Naruto is that he gets angry easily, especially with his (fruity, but understandable) obsession with "saving" Sasuke.

If we're introduced to Curse Seal 3, 4, and 5 or something like that, I'll be kind of irritated. We don't need any more, and if Sasuke's anywhere near as good as Orochimaru is, he simply doesn't need it. Jiraiya has no seal and he was able to beat Kyuubi 4 Tailed Naruto. It's not about who has the most chakra.

At least not yet.

There's always the possibility of Naruto turning into a DBZ clone. A lot of people believe it already has, but it's just sticking somewhat closely to the rules of "shonen manga." That's pretty irritating, sure, but it's to be expected. Remember, this manga's targeted towards little Japanese kids with ginormous backpacks.

so just because of a good looking fight.. it already haspeople thinking its like dbz...-sighs-. oh well.

Spoiler:
as far as sai goes... he's getting boring

btw.. if were talking manga.. we have to make another thread so that anime and manga doesn't clash together..just letting ya know/remember

FELIPE NO
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:07 PM #48 of 814
Here's the reason Naruto is not like DBZ:
Spoiler:
As long as they don't drag Naruto's progression into the 4-Tailed Kyuubi over a whole episode it won't be like DBZ. From what I've read of the DBZ manga, the fights are not nearly as dragged out as the anime. When a whole story arc centers around one giant fight (with a lengthy lead up), then Naruto will be like DBZ. So far only the fight between the 3rd Hokage and Orochimaru dragged on for too long. Most fights barely last over two episodes. You don't exactly see them coming as much as you do in DBZ either. Plus unlike DBZ, one's mastery of technique puts them at a better standing than raw power or speed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:17 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:17 AM #49 of 814
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
Here's the reason Naruto is not like DBZ:
Spoiler:
As long as they don't drag Naruto's progression into the 4-Tailed Kyuubi over a whole episode it won't be like DBZ. From what I've read of the DBZ manga, the fights are not nearly as dragged out as the anime. When a whole story arc centers around one giant fight (with a lengthy lead up), then Naruto will be like DBZ. So far only the fight between the 3rd Hokage and Orochimaru dragged on for too long. Most fights barely last over two episodes. You don't exactly see them coming as much as you do in DBZ either. Plus unlike DBZ, one's mastery of technique puts them at a better standing than raw power or speed.

Spoiler:
And I sure they wil keep it that way. I still remember the techniques used the the original Dragon Ball where Kameha and other techniques actually meant something. Then DBZ came along and techniques lost its meaning.

On to the anime, how many fillers are left till it's watchable again?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:54 AM #50 of 814
kamui,

im pretty sure the filler will probaly end this week if not.. then maybe the week after next week.. and if not that then maybe end of march or middle of april...

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Naruto