Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 09:27 PM #101 of 546
And this is why Andrei Kirilenko is one of my favorite basketball players. There's nothing to hate about this guy (unless you have him on your fantasy team this season while he's hitting an atrocious sub-70% of his free throws). Other than that: a triple double with 15 points, 14 boards, and 10 blocks. What a monster.

What happened to Amare tonight? Looks like some weak sauce after looking at that box score.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:13 AM #102 of 546
Andrei Kirilenko is the most star-studded role player in the game. What I mean is he's truly a star in this league (and should have been an all-star) but he also does the little things that role players normally do. He's the best player on the team, yet he's diving for lose balls and blocking almost any shot that gets near the rim. I respect him as much as any superstar in the NBA.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:15 AM #103 of 546
Amare looked pretty slow. He had no spring in legs, and he ran very sluggishly and cautiously. The Suns run a lot -- he had better get his cardio up.

Wow, AK47 had a triple-double with blocks? I'm looking at the boxscore now ... very impressive. That's a career high 10 blocks.

Who will be watching the ABC game tomorrow. Allen Iverson and the Sixers are fighting to hold on to that Playoff spot, with a good shot at moving up still.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:22 AM #104 of 546
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Who will be watching the ABC game tomorrow. Allen Iverson and the Sixers are fighting to hold on to that Playoff spot, with a good shot at moving up still.
Yeah, I'll be tuning in. And speaking of that game, as well as people returning, Jermaine O'Neal just recently came back into Indian's lineup. From what I've seen so far, he seems to be playing pretty well after that groin injury. Philly is fighting for their playoff lives right now, and it's not like Indiana is a lock to make the playoffs at this exact moment and time, so it's a pretty important game for both teams. Should be a good matchup.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:14 PM #105 of 546
Iggy's alley-oop dunk (off AI's lob) was off the chain.

WOW.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:34 PM #106 of 546
I must have missed that dunk. I'll try to catch it on Sportscenter. Overall, it was a pretty good game. Indiana got a pretty big win for themselves.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:54 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 11:54 PM #107 of 546
Iggy's alley-oop dunk (off AI's lob) was off the chain.

WOW.
I saw that dunk. I was just fortunate enough to catch it when it was going on. I sat blankly for a minute (or fifty). "Holy fucking crap."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:16 AM #108 of 546
Saw the dunk this morning on Sportscenter just before I left for work. All I can sa is "OH MAH GOOOOODNESS!"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:33 PM #109 of 546
I like how the three of us hve 92% of the replies in this thread.

More observations and thoughts:

- Charlie Villanueva had 48 points last night against the Bucks. That's an NBA high for a rookie this season. Not too shabby.

- I hope Chris Bosh's injury is minor, and that he's alright.

- Minnesota nearly blew another 20-point lead last night. The Timberwolves just can't seem to put anyone away, and are very prone to blowing leads this year. But to let the Knicks do that, is inexcusable.

- Steve Nash needs to raise his scoring by 0.2 to become the first player since Tim Hardaway in 1992-1993 to average more than 20 points and 10 assists in a season.

- Which Wallace is the best shotblocker -- Ben, Rasheed, or Gerald. The answer isn't that obvious.

- Bruce Bowen is dirty; here are his latest antics: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...950_recap.html

- Kwame Brown is averaging 14.6 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and shooting 72.5% in his last five games.

- Does Kobe Bryant know.

- Lebron James finally has a gamewinner under his belt. Melo has like fifty thousand.

- I am certain that Michael Olowokandi doesn't exist anymore.

- Tim Duncan is having the worst year of his career (individually-wise). The media doesn't notice because there's some guy named Tony Parker keeping the Spurs in the elite echelon.

- Iguodala dunks good.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Timberwolf; Mar 27, 2006 at 01:39 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:50 PM #110 of 546
I like how the three of us hve 92% of the replies in this thread.
haha, seems like we're the only ones who enjoy the pro ball game. That's fine by me heh.

- Charlie Villanueva had 48 points last night against the Bucks. That's an NBA high for a rookie this season. Not too shabby.
Yes, a very good performance by him last night. Right now, it's Paul, Villanueva, Bosh..... and everybody else. The 4 Tarheels aren't doing much of anything this season.

- Minnesota nearly blew another 20-point lead last night. The Timberwolves just can't seem to put anyone away, and are very prone to blowing leads this year. But to let the Knicks do that, is inexcusable.
Minnesota is just playing atrcious ball this year. Garnett is the only thing keeping them afloat right now... IF you can even call the position their in "afloat". Boston is probably the only team worse at keeping leads at this point and time than the T-Wolves.

- Steve Nash needs to raise his scoring by 0.2 to become the first player since Tim Hardaway in 1992-1993 to average more than 20 points and 10 assists in a season.
He shouldn't have a problem at all getting that done. That'll be yet another notch on his belt for his MVP cause this season.

- Which Wallace is the best shotblocker -- Ben, Rasheed, or Gerald. The answer isn't that obvious.
Normally I'd take Big Ben in a heartbeat among those 3. However, yesterday against the Nets, Ben Wallace was not himself at all. He wasn't that dominant force in the paint like we've come to know. I hope he's alright or the Pistons will be in trouble come June.

- Bruce Bowen is dirty; here are his latest antics: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...950_recap.html
Several players over the years have complained about Bowen's "style" of defense. Notably guys like Vince Carter and Ray Allen. At first I thought they were just punks 'cause they were getting shut down by him, but after this, it seems now that they had a point.

- Kwame Brown is averaging 14.6 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and shooting 72.5% in his last five games.

- Does Kobe Bryant know.
- Excellent for Kwame. He never deserved to be the #1 pick that year (wtf was Jordan thinking?) However, in the right system, he can be a solid player. He's finally starting to prove that now.

- Oh yeah, he knows. But does he care? HELL NAH!!

- Lebron James finally has a gamewinner under his belt. Melo has like fifty thousand.
The race between Carmelo and LeBron isn't even close right now. While James is playing great ball, 'Melo is has lost his damn mind. Seems like the kid is droppin' daggers on a nightly basis these days.

- I am certain that Michael Olowokandi doesn't exist anymore.
.... Who?!?

- Tim Duncan is having the worst year of his career (individually-wise). The media doesn't notice because there's some guy named Tony Parker keeping the Spurs in the elite echelon.
Tony Parker is the MVP of that team this season. With all that talent around him, Duncan doesn't need to be the deciding factor game after game. But, without him, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell to repeat.

- Iguodala dunks good.
He sure as hell does.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:17 PM #111 of 546

That's not basketball.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 02:47 PM #112 of 546

That's not basketball.
O_O Is he coming in for the flying side kick?!

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:53 PM #113 of 546
It is Street Fighter II.

But he forgot to ground-sweep upon landing for a two-hit combo.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:49 AM #114 of 546
Man, the Nets are playin' great ball in the 2nd half of the season. They've won 9 straight games, the last two coming against the Pistons and Suns respectively. They beat the Pistsons in Detroit and then go and dismantle Phoenix. Jason Kidd played great D on both Billups and Nash, pretty much shutting them both down. They're clearly taken the title as the 3rd best team in the East, after the Pistons and Heat.

Speaking of the Suns, Amare Stoudemire is looking quite pitiful right now. I think the performance in his season debut might have been a fluke, him just playing on adrenaline and momentum. I know he needs to work his way back into the lineup, but this is ridiculous.

EDIT:

P.S. Bruce Bowen's scorecard:

elevation = 9.6
landing = 1.4
defensive skills = nonexistant

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 28, 2006 at 12:31 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:10 PM #115 of 546
I jumped into the Suns-Nets game in the third quarter. I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. The score almost didn't make sense.

Steve Nash was scoreless on 0-5 shooting. Amare was scoreless on 0-6 shooting.

I personally don't like the Nets, but yeah, they are playing great basketball right now.

----------

Game of the night: Dallas at Detroit. Right now it's 24-23 Dallas, end of the first quarter.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:13 PM #116 of 546
I personally don't like the Nets
heh, I wonder why... lol :P

Game of the night: Dallas at Detroit. Right now it's 24-23 Dallas, end of the first quarter.
A game of two powerhouses. I'm tuning in as well. Very good game so far.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:24 PM #117 of 546
Originally Posted by bishop743
heh, I wonder why... lol :P

Haha, Vince does have something to do with that.

But I never liked Jason Kidd either. I lost all respect for him after the incident back in 2001 when he hit Joumana.

And then there's Richard Jefferson. I simply can't stand his face, and that expression he makes when he's playing basketball. It creeps me out.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:32 PM #118 of 546
But I never liked Jason Kidd either. I lost all respect for him after the incident back in 2001 when he hit Joumana.
Yeah, that was messed all up. You shouldn't be puttin' your hands on females.... especially a fine one like that.

And then there's Richard Jefferson. I simply can't stand his face, and that expression he makes when he's playing basketball. It creeps me out.
His face?! WTF, T-Wolf? lol... I don't really pay much attention to his face but I don't pay much attention to his game either. He was injured most of last season and I figured the team would be mediocre this year, so I haven't been keeping up. But man, his face, haha...

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:47 PM #119 of 546
Originally Posted by bishop743
His face?! WTF, T-Wolf? lol... I don't really pay much attention to his face but I don't pay much attention to his game either. He was injured most of last season and I figured the team would be mediocre this year, so I haven't been keeping up. But man, his face, haha...

I mean, this could scare small children.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:50 PM #120 of 546
I mean, this could scare small children.

Holy hell, man, that IS pretty damn scary. You need to warn people before you put something up like that next time! :aargh: I stand corrected though. ::shivers:: I wonder what the photographer who took that photo did with the negatives. O_o

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 28, 2006 at 08:53 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:55 PM #121 of 546
And that is literally his face whenever he gets bumped or fouled.

I will use spoiler tags next time for something like that.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:58 PM #122 of 546
And that is literally his face whenever he gets bumped or fouled.

I will use spoiler tags next time for something like that.
lol, nah man, I was just messing around with the "warn people..." part. But yeah, that is a pretty fucked up facial expression.

Pistons up 52-50 at the half. Hopefully, they'll be able to hold Dallas off and bounce back from that loss to the Nets.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:01 PM #123 of 546
So, I've been hearing some whispers of MVP for Nowitzki lately.

I think he'll get some votes.

Edit: Looks like that's it for Amare: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...are/index.html

Last edited by Timberwolf; Mar 28, 2006 at 09:58 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:30 PM #124 of 546
Edit: Looks like that's it for Amare: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...are/index.html
I think this the best move either the Suns or Amare could make. It's not like he's some over-the-hill player that's past his prime. He's a young, superstar in the making, with his whole career ahead of him. You don't want to risk further injury or damage to that knee. Shut him down, let him get back to full strength for next season and then go from there. Again, I think this is a smart decision for both parties.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 09:04 PM #125 of 546
Yeah, the Suns have been winning without him; they might as well continue to win without him. It was fun to let him try to play, even if many of us knew this could/would happen. Now that that's been done and failed, let's get back to winning.

waka waka

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread