Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Spider-Man 3

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:25 PM #101 of 390
Same here. There's a load of difference between "playing Venom" and "playing the guy who WILL become Venom". Grace could just be speaking about the future when he mentions himself as Venom, when in reality he could only be playing Eddie Brock and nothing else for now. Hopefully this isn't the case and the true Venom does make an appearance.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Soldier; Apr 11, 2006 at 10:48 PM.
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:28 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:28 PM #102 of 390
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Same here. There's a load of difference between "playing Venom" and "playing the guy who WILL become Venom". Church could just be speaking about the future when he mentions himself as Venom, when in reality he could only be playing Eddie Brock and nothing else for now. Hopefully this isn't the case and the true Venom does make an appearance.
So you still don't think Grace is going to be Brock/Venom?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:28 PM #103 of 390
I thought Church was playing Sandman, not Venom

FELIPE NO
Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:41 PM #104 of 390
While I'd still prefer The Lizard over Venom (or any other villain), I think Raimi and his crew can pull off Venom. It almost sounds like there will be a side-story.

"...and this is what Venom is going to be doing."

But with Spider-Man being in a different attire, this can go in many directions. It sounds like they might introduce Venom halfway through. It's fun to speculate; I bet everyone could list a dozen ideas and the odds are, Raimi will surprise us.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:26 PM #105 of 390
The first shot of "Venom" in that trailer looks pretty convincing, but that shot of Spawn in the end with the crappy mouth just slapped on is hilarious.

And I thought Sam Raimi hated Venom. Oh well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:48 PM #106 of 390
Quote:
So you still don't think Grace is going to be Brock/Venom?
Woops. Fixed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:50 PM #107 of 390
Originally Posted by Tomzilla
But with Spider-Man being in a different attire...
Has this even been confirmed? People are too quick to say that since the teaser poster has Spidey in black - he must be wearing a new costume!

But if you actually look at the damn thing - you realized that the ENTIRE picture is in that color tone. For all we know, its just a cloudy day.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:51 PM #108 of 390
It was confirmed in the official site that it was a new costume. It even dispelled the color tone theory that you just mentioned.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:52 PM #109 of 390
Offical site? PM the link please

How ya doing, buddy?
Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:01 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 09:01 PM #110 of 390
Originally Posted by LeHah
Has this even been confirmed? People are too quick to say that since the teaser poster has Spidey in black - he must be wearing a new costume!

But if you actually look at the damn thing - you realized that the ENTIRE picture is in that color tone. For all we know, its just a cloudy day.
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/index.php

Click on 'Daily Bugle' - where you'll eventually find:

"You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3."

I saw it prior to posting my statement, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge. Though I admit, before I read the official content on the site, I thought he wasn't wearing the classic black/white costume.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:05 PM #111 of 390
That picture is the teaser poster I just cited though.

FELIPE NO
Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 09:46 PM #112 of 390
That picture is the teaser poster I just cited though.
Yes, but my response was in regards to you wondering if Spider-Man was wearing a black suit or not. I wanted to confirm to you that the official site states that it is for real, and not the result of a cloudy day.

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:08 AM #113 of 390
As long as Carnage is introduced somewhere near the end, I'll give a crap.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:26 AM #114 of 390
Okay, I just have to step in with all this Carnage talk; it ain't happening. There's just no way you can market a mass serial killer whose own suit is composed of his own blood (at least it was the last time I checked, way back in Maximum Carnage) to a PG-13 audience (still mostly composed of kids), not unless you want Carnage seriously gimped.

Honestly, Carnage had his moments back in the day, but overall I find him inferior to Venom. Venom has a cooler design and a cooler backstory (eternal hatred for Spidey). Carnage is just a psycho who wants to kill anything that isn't him, which I always felt was a little out of place in Spider-Man.

Maybe they could implement the Ultimate Carnage, an inhuman creature created from Peter's DNA, but I don't see, or really desire, the original showing up in the movies.

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:30 AM #115 of 390
There's just no way you can market a mass serial killer whose own suit is composed of his own blood
lol please, leave.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:37 AM #116 of 390
lol please, read.

Quote:
. During Maximum Carnage it is revealed that the symbiote has become a part of Kasady's blood and is unremovable from him: Kasady only needed to be cut for the symbiote to flood out to become Carnage once again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_%28comics%29

Even if you omit that part, he's still a redneck serial killer. How would you market a character like that for a massively marketed movie like this?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 02:06 AM #117 of 390
while i think that an appearance of carnage in spidey 3 would be the dumbest fucking idea in the world...

when you said:

Even if you omit that part, he's still a redneck serial killer. How would you market a character like that for a massively marketed movie like this?
dude, do you actually live in the US? People can market anything!!! Especially a redneck serial killer! It was called Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and it was so marketable that they did a remake that made them a fortune.

How funny would it be if the venom talk is all a plot by sony pics to generate a ton of hype. I can see them all around a table... "sweet, church just said the "v" word in an interview! all the fanboys are gonna go nuts!" Everybody will be disappointed when Grace (who plays a nobody bystander) gets killed by Sandman (or Harry as the GG) in the first 15mins of the movie. All the venom fanboys will cry.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:05 AM #118 of 390
Quote:
It was called Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and it was so marketable that they did a remake that made them a fortune.
And the kids loved it.

That's the kind of audience that makes up a large percentage of Spidey movie fans: kids. And besides that point, the movie is very mainstream. If they try to make someone like Carnage the main badguy, it would be all over the media, stirring controversy all over. The kind of controvery Sony wouldn't want for one of their biggest franchises.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:31 AM #119 of 390
Originally Posted by Tomzilla
I wanted to confirm to you that the official site states that it is for real, and not the result of a cloudy day.
Eh, calling a cat a dog doesn't make it so. The fact that we see Darth Vader in Anakin's shadow on the Phantom Menace poster doesn't mean that it happens in the movie.

Does no one understand artistic liberty any more?

FELIPE NO
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 03:44 PM #120 of 390
Lehah, when sony pics states "...Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3." it might just mean that he will wear a black suit.

Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 02:45 PM #121 of 390
Eh, calling a cat a dog doesn't make it so. The fact that we see Darth Vader in Anakin's shadow on the Phantom Menace poster doesn't mean that it happens in the movie.
Which is irrelevant. The official Star Wars website didn't officially state that Darth Vader will appear in the Phantom Menace. The Spider-Man website, however, does state Spider-Man is wearing his black costume and it isn't a black/white photo.

Sure, we could just wait until the movie's debut to be 100% certain, but when the website is literally spelling it out and we've seen numerous interviews confirming Venom, I'm leaning to the 'He's wearing a bloody black outfit' side.

Does no one understand artistic liberty any more?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:56 PM #122 of 390
Black Spidey=confirmed.

Eddie Brock=pretty much confirmed.

Eddie Brock turning into Venom in this movie=still sorta iffy.

Like I said, even if he does get the suit by the end of the movie, I'll still be disappointed unless we at least get a brief scuffle with Spidey and Venom. Having Venom appear in full is nice, but I want to see him in action.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:56 PM #123 of 390
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Lehah, when sony pics states "...Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3." it might just mean that he will wear a black suit.
And sometimes when they list David Hayter as the writer of X-Men - they actually mean the eight uncredited people that worked on it prior.

Quote:
The Spider-Man website, however, does state Spider-Man is wearing his black costume and it isn't a black/white photo.
If you think thats a photograph, you need to get your eyes checked, son.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 04:18 PM #124 of 390
And sometimes when they list David Hayter as the writer of X-Men - they actually mean the eight uncredited people that worked on it prior.
apples and oranges buddy. they say, "spidey will wear a black suit" and "here's a picture of spidey in a black suit... no this is not a black and white picture." what part of that don't you understand? why must you read into shit? "no no, can't you all see! it's a black and white pic" or "it's cloudy out; you'd look black in that lighting too!" Do you just hate the idea of black suit spidey in the next movie?

call me crazy, but i'm slightly inclined to believe that he may have a black suit in the movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:09 PM #125 of 390
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Do you just hate the idea of black suit spidey in the next movie?
Not so much as that no one can quantify shit so far. It seems somewhat stupid on part of Sony - if you want to show a black costume, you dont make the surrounding picture dark.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Spider-Man 3