Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:21 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:21 PM #101 of 410
I keep wondering when Jack is going to find out about his brother's involvement in last season's plot.

xman25

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:21 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:21 PM #102 of 410
Yeah, this week's episode was "meh". Nothing really surprised me, to be honest >_> Oh well! Always next week!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:50 PM #103 of 410
Why does this season remind me more and more of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

FELIPE NO
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:54 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:54 PM #104 of 410
Needs more Nazis.

VILLAINS FOR SEASON 7? ZOMBIE NAZIS?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:58 PM #105 of 410
If Jack Bauer finds the Holy Grail, the series is over.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:06 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:06 PM #106 of 410
I also agree that there was nothing much really going on in tonight's episode. I know the bad guys have had some holdups before, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.

Karen Hayes resigning like that just didn't seem to work. She's like one of the strongest females on the show, so for her to just back down like that just didn't make any sense. And now that she's going back to CTU, I hope they don't try to make any Tony/Michelle-like situations like they did in Seasons 3 and 4.

Wasn't really anything else noteworthy tonight. I thought they were gonna end by revealing who McCartney's contact was, but since they didn't I guess it wasn't anyone we know (not really many people they could bring back anyway, and hardly anyone that could actually program nuclear triggers).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:15 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 09:15 PM #107 of 410
"Protecting family is important; I believe your dead wife would agree."

Damn, son.

There's a quote from the preview that was fucking awesome, but I can't use it until next week.

As said, not much tonight, but something big's gonna happen. The anticipation is growing. Fuck this week shit. Grr.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:20 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:20 PM #108 of 410
"Protecting family is important; I believe your dead wife would agree."

Damn, son.

There's a quote from the preview that was fucking awesome, but I can't use it until next week.
But that was said tonight. Graem said it sometime within the last ten minutes. I was gonna add it to the wiki myself, but by the time I thought about it I didn't remember the exact quote (I did add Karen Hayes's "son of a bitch" quote though, as that, along with Lennox's response, was pretty awesome as well).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:27 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 09:27 PM #109 of 410
But that was said tonight. Graem said it sometime within the last ten minutes. I was gonna add it to the wiki myself, but by the time I thought about it I didn't remember the exact quote (I did add Karen Hayes's "son of a bitch" quote though, as that, along with Lennox's response, was pretty awesome as well).
I meant there was another quote said during the preview by Jack for next week.. related to pain.

Also, with the departure of Karen Hayes, there is room for another bear to return... a POLAR BEAR. Yes, this guy is no joke; he's MIKE NOVICK.

waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:32 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 10:32 PM #110 of 410
I meant there was another quote said during the preview by Jack for next week.. related to pain.

Also, with the departure of Karen Hayes, there is room for another bear to return... a POLAR BEAR. Yes, this guy is no joke; he's MIKE NOVICK.
Oh okay, I see what you mean. I know which one you're talking about, too.

Also, return of Mike Novick would be awesome. This season could use some of him, along with some AARON PIERCE.

Gratch
Not at my post

Member 7140

Level 8.23

May 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:43 PM #111 of 410
This is the first season of 24 I've ever watched "live". I did catch Season 1 on DVD over the summer, and quite enjoyed it, but wasn't gung-ho enough about the show to bother renting the other seasons. I recently got Monday nigts off, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

After tonight's episode, I'm about ready to just bag it and maybe catch it all on DVD down the road sometime. Have the last 4 seasons been as mind-numbingly dull as this one is so far?

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 02:24 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 02:24 AM #112 of 410
Nah this one was the most boring out of all 6 seasons I think

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:32 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 11:32 PM #113 of 410
worst episode ever..

One thing I think Jack has over come this too quickly, I mean 2years of torture you would think he would have the shakes or something metally serious (come on they wont give Sutherland another award otherwise) he is just doing the same old thing again and again and again and..

probably not the worst episode, but overall it was boring and achieved nothing I mean the whole thing with the muslim group at the inlockment was a complete waste of time, seriously the whole series of events leading to that was garbage.

Jack's dad is going to act as Jack's new side kick I bet, unless his brother kills him first, man that would piss Jack off so much that I want it to happen lol

This episode has a rushed feel to it, maybe thats reality but standard hit a new low.
New couple in the making Nardia and Miilo, but who really cares

The way Karen bows down to Lennox was completely lame, i mean at that level of the government the school bully still pushes everyone around. It was LAME.

Promo for the 7th hour looks very promising, jack dishes out more abuse on his brother, you can feel the love lol

Lets see if Smallville can brighten up the rest of this week

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Jan 31, 2007 at 06:40 PM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:08 PM #114 of 410
OMG, Jack is a Monster!!! He's Crazy!!!! He threatened his own soldiers. Awesome twists in this episode. It definitely made up for last week's boring episode. Can't wait for next week's which is going to be 2 Hours!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:10 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 09:10 PM #115 of 410
I heard a rumour on a website that they're going to make all the episodes a few minutes longer and change the name to 25, can anyone confirm this?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:18 PM #116 of 410
All you bitches and fags who said 24's writers were losing it can shut the fuck up and get the fuck out now. This episode was awesome, and they couldn't put this story in play without the past two episodes setting it up properly. I say the writers are doing fine.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:21 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 10:21 PM #117 of 410
This episode was better than the last, thankfully. But the twist with Morris was intriguing. I figured it was gonna be someone from the cast, but not him =I I did think it was lame at first that they were replaying the same drama thing that happened with Edgar (his mother being caught and he can't leave). Glad to see it wasn't a repeat of the plot element.

The last few minutes didn't really sneak up on me. I figured Jack's father had a hand in things. Didn't think he was THE badguy, but I figured he noticed something was up some time ago. Still, interesting to see :3

Glad to see that Wayne and his sister as well as Walid were at a minimum in this episode. I hate those characters so much ><

I did enjoy seeing Jack snap when his brother told him of the assassination stuff =D Very interesting. The trailer for next week looks fantastic. Two hours long? omg <3

Was the whole subplot with Walid and Sandra Palmer just meant to play Wayne into not backing Lennox's plan? Figured something would pop up amid the end, kinda like they found something important. Maybe not?

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:05 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 09:05 PM #118 of 410
Originally Posted by Jack
You will begin to experience pain I can't even begin to describe.
Also...

Originally Posted by Jack
"We are not the same... Pick up the syringe! DO IT NOW!"

Man... one Bauer down. Well, that was a pretty huge ending. This episode was beast, as expected. The double Bauer hour next week is a bit earlier this season than last. Good stuff.

waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:08 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 10:08 PM #119 of 410
Yeah, this episode was definitely better, as the plot finally picked up (though it wasn't until about halfway through).

So yeah, Jack is crazy! Not like we haven't seen it before, but it's always good to see. After going through that though, it would have been great to see Jack get the satisfaction of killing Graem (or at least torturing him some more), but instead his Dad does it for reasons I'm still not even sure of. Seriously, I just don't find Phillip that interesting a character, but at least he seemed more convincing as a good guy, which is what they should have kept him as.

Finally glad to see Wayne get some backbone. The scene was pretty predictable, but it played out well nonetheless. I still don't expect him to be as good as his brother was, but at least he's becoming a good president in his own right.

And as for the Morris thing, it was an good twist, but I'm waiting to see how it plays out. Morris has always been kind of a shady character (doing somewhat illegal stuff when not at CTU, and even using that hacker program or whatever in this episode), so it will be interesting to see if he's actually willing to help Fayed out for the right price.

Two hours next week. Awesome. I doubt it will be as good as the two mid-season episodes they showed last season, but they still look like they be some of the best of the season so far. At least I hope they are.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 09:12 PM #120 of 410
Oh yeah. I was lollin' at that interrogation scene:

JACK GOING CRAAAAZY
*hugs brother*
"2 CCs!"
GOING CRAAAZY
"You will begin to experience pain I can't even begin to describe."
*hugs brother*
"2 CCs!"
"PICK UP THE SYRINGE! DO IT NOW!"
"4 CCs"
*hugs brother*

waka waka

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 02:41 AM #121 of 410
Quote:
Was the whole subplot with Walid and Sandra Palmer just meant to play Wayne into not backing Lennox's plan? Figured something would pop up amid the end, kinda like they found something important. Maybe not?
I believe it was just a red herring. Which I'm GLAD to see. As much as I love 24 one problem is that every lead has always seemed to be right on the money. Although something may happen to nullify it every lead has always seemed to at least be in the correct direction. I liked the dead-end. It also gives a bit of perspective to the audience in that everyone who the "good guys" go after aren't always the bad guys.

Quote:
After going through that though, it would have been great to see Jack get the satisfaction of killing Graem (or at least torturing him some more), but instead his Dad does it for reasons I'm still not even sure of
Specific reasons no, but it should have been obvious from what the father said. They were going to take his son back to CTU to be questioned. His son still had information that could incriminate him. He couldn't take that chance so he killed him.

I had a feeling an episode like this was going to happen. The previous two were the calm before the storm. I didn't post before because the bitching in the thread was getting on my nerves. 24 Has been quasi-formulaic the last 5 seasons. Always high paced. It's refreshing to still be presented with a high quality drama, but have the pace changed a bit.0

DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:26 AM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 11:26 PM #122 of 410
I think that this episode was more interesting. I knew that Jack's brother was gonna die sometime but I just never expected his father to do it although I had a sneaky feeling that Phillip Bauer had something to do with this.

Most amazing jew boots

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:44 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 03:44 PM #123 of 410

After going through that though, it would have been great to see Jack get the satisfaction of killing Graem (or at least torturing him some more), but instead his Dad does it for reasons I'm still not even sure of.
Did you listen to the conversation that Philip had with Graem before killing him?

This clarifies the reason/s why he killed him. He knew that Graem was going to be put through further interrogation. This could potentially lead to him giving away philips involvement and/or other important information.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:57 AM #124 of 410
I'm betting Jack's nephew knows more than he's letting on. The resemblence to Kim is just too uncanny for him not to be a more important part of the plot later on.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 11:03 AM #125 of 410
Huh. No wonder the kid looks so horrid =p

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread