Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:13 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 04:13 AM #1 of 410
24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Official Website

Season 6 Anticipation Thread

January 14, 2007 is finally here, meaning a new season of 24 starts tonight at 8/7c. So here's the place where you can discuss it with your fellow Gamingforce members! Just as before, the rules are that you can openly discuss anything that has already aired, but anything regarding future episodes (including previews for next week's episode, casting news, etc.) must be put in spoiler tags. Other than that, just have fun discussing the best show ever!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 05:51 PM #2 of 410
Mmm, can't wait 2 hour season premiere AND another 2 tomorrow! Heh, I read in the Future Shop flyer that you can even pick up the first 4 episodes on DVD this Tuesday.

Oh and McFarlane is bringing us 24 figures!

http://action-figure.com/index.php?n...icle&sid=20927

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:10 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 08:10 PM #3 of 410
I'll be needing those toys as soon as possible. =p

First two episodes done. I assume we'll continue the rule of no spoiler tags required after the episode aired...

Man, so how aobut the end of that first episode: reminiscent of the "hacksaw." <3

And what the hell: we had a :jackfail: there. I guess he's allowed one just as I'm allowed one :nazfail: ever. No worries though, he can only get more awesome from here.

Also, Palmer's sister brings me back to a statement a while back. The females in 24 really do just bring unnecessary complications/problems into the day. We can forgive Chloe because she's Chloe, but Wayne's sister yo... get out.

IS IT MONDAY YET?

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:16 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 08:16 PM #4 of 410
Bah. Am I not allowed to anticipate every hour of this nonstop season?

Well, since my comments were posted in the other one, I'll leave it there if people are so inclined.

If anything, this season was advertised to the point of insanity. I'm fine with Fox showing commercials in every block, but there seemed to be a 24 tie-in with every radio station in my region. I'm richer for knowing that 24 is P.diddy's favorite show however.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:20 PM #5 of 410
I like how good old Dr. Bashir has completely changed his image. If I hadn't seen his name in the credits, I wouldn't have recognized him.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:29 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 09:29 PM #6 of 410
Holy shit. From the people who watched the leaked episodes (Team Weak Sauce), to the critics' reviews, everyone has been saying these episodes would be great. It's not that I doubted them or anything, but I just had to see for myself.

And see I did.

As out of it as Jack should be and even thinks he is, he's not. Going into vampire mode on that one guy and kicking the other one out of a moving train are some of the coolest thing he's done in the entire series. Therefore, I refuse to believe Jack can't do this anymore. Okay, so he didn't get all the info from that one guy. Who cares, he's still freaking awesome.

Also, just something I noticed, but why is it that every even numbered season has Middle eastern terrorists? Not that significant (or is it?), but just thought I'd mention it.

So anyway, I am now pumped for tomorrow. I can't even process two more hours right now (yes I could), so I gotta take a breather.

Also, I meant to close the Anticipation thread (it's here so there's really no more need to anticipate it anymore!), so I'll go do that now, to make sure there's no more confusion.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:44 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 08:44 PM #7 of 410
I just made a necessary 24 addition to my signature. <3

My heart's still racing. Clearly, I'm assigning myself 24-related tasks to do for the next 21 hours.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:57 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 10:57 PM #8 of 410
If you enjoyed the first two, the next two will interest you even more =D I love this season. Jack Vambauer~

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:05 PM #9 of 410
As I have already seen the first 4 eps as well as 10 min of the 5th, I'll say this:

Episodes 1-3 = Boring, average 24. Not good for a season opener. Too many 24 cliches and predictable scenarios.
Episode 4 = Holy crap this is what I've been waiting for.

The end of tomorrow night's episode will blow you away.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:19 PM #10 of 410
As I have already seen the first 4 eps as well as 10 min of the 5th, I'll say this:

Episodes 1-3 = Boring, average 24. Not good for a season opener. Too many 24 cliches and predictable scenarios.
Episode 4 = Holy crap this is what I've been waiting for.

The end of tomorrow night's episode will blow you away.
I haven't watched episode 4 yet. My mom doesn't want to see it yet but we saw the first two on tv and just watched the third. I'm watching it when she goes to sleep.

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:29 PM #11 of 410
JazzFlight, I disagree, the first three were still good episodes, despites the clichés. But yeah, I agree that episode 4 is jaw-dropping. I have to admit that the show creators have balls of steel.

I wonder if they'll stick to Islamic terrorists again. This is the third time they're involved, it -is- getting a bit stale. Still, it only bothers me a little, not much. And it's only the beginning of the season, there's plenty of time left in the day for it to change direction completely.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:32 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 09:32 PM #12 of 410
Wouldn't be surprised to see that the terrorists are (gasp!) part of some bigger more sinister plot.

It could happen >_>

Bah, if I had payed attention to the forums I would've known about these leaks. Either that or searching through a torrent site. Ah well, I've waited this long, I could always wait another day.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:15 AM #13 of 410
Fuck. Getting stabbed in that little fleshy part below the knee would hurt like hell.

How ya doing, buddy?
[/RIGHT]
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:36 AM #14 of 410
I just watched episode four. Oh. My. God.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:14 AM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 01:14 AM #15 of 410
Fuck. Getting stabbed in that little fleshy part below the knee would hurt like hell.
As a person who has had severe knee injuries before, that made me fucking CRINGE ;__;

FELIPE NO

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:23 AM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 01:23 AM #16 of 410
Those of you who have seen episode four, on a scale of one through ten, how much of an "oh shit" moment is the ending? Do NOT give details, just a rating of the ending.

xman25

Most amazing jew boots
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:13 AM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 12:13 AM #17 of 410
OMG. Tonight's episodes were amazing. Jack Vambauer LOL... and from what I've been reading, tomorrow promises something intense. I can't wait .

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:25 AM #18 of 410
I'd say anywhere from an 8-10 on that. It was really good.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:08 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2007, 11:08 PM #19 of 410
So yeah, more awesome last night.

The whole Curtis thing seemed pretty obvious. I mean, he was acting way out of character (he's usually one of the most levelheaded people on the show), so you knew either he or Assad was going to wind up dead. And since Roger Cross had been downgraded to just a guest star, it was pretty easy to figure out that it would be Curtis. The scene was still good though, it just would have had more impact if there wasn't so much build-up to it.

Also, the whole bomb going off seemed kinda obvious too, though that probably had more to do with everybody going OMG HOLY SHIT about this episode. I guess built my expectations up too high though, so it was kinda my own fault. About the only thing that could have really surprised me was if they killed Jack, which I knew was not going to happen.

And thank God they stopped this Milo/Morris shit, for now anyway. Morris seemed like a really cool character at the end of last season, but they just made him annoying now. Even without the Chloe background between them (which I'm trying to figure out where it even takes place in the context of the show), the fact that Morris could get away with so much disrespect to Milo just doesn't seem believable.

So now, not only do we seem to get Middle Eastern terrorists every other season, but now we get a nuclear threat in every other one as well? I admit I liked the idea of starting off with attacks already happening, but going back to stopping the nuclear threat (even if there is more than one of them) just seems kinda meh.

Wow, this post seems way more negative than I intended it to be, so just in case it doesn't seem like, I did enjoy the episodes. Other than things I mentioned above, I thought everything else was great. Also, next week looks to be awesome as well.

Next Week:
I can't wait to see how Graham is going to play into this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:19 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 12:19 AM #20 of 410
Sucks about Curtis =( He's definitely one of my favorite characters. I mean come on, he handled field ops with Jack and wasn't as annoying as fuck (see Chase).

As far as threats, there are only so many things you can do, I'd figure -- assassinations and WMDs. There's probably more than meets the eye right now. This badguy right now might get whacked mid-season and the real mastermind will show up. Season 2 had an oil scheme behind the terrorism and what-not, and this might have something brewing as well.

I agree, Morris-Milo thing was kinda irritating. Chloe didn't seem the type to recognize "zomg drama~" on sight. But still, I wish they'd ditch drama and keep this to action.

It's a good thing that the father in that family bought the farm in the nuke. Probably means that in another episode or so, that family will be out of it. Or so I hope... Kumar (lol) died en route to the hospital, dad died, don't think they'd need the family anymore beyond telling them that the guy was caught in the nuke.

Still, I'd like to see Audrey come up in this. They'd better not bring Kim into it, because her emo shit pissed me off in S5, along with her boinking her shrink. Or whoever that guy was.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:20 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2007, 10:20 PM #21 of 410
GET ME JACK BAUER IMMEDIATELY

Yeah. Oh my God. I was speechless about the events at the end. But, yeah, comments from the earlier parts...

"Anacostia Detention Center... where are all the black people?"

"Man, I miss David aka Dennis aka the Big Brown Bear aka the All-American out of Xavier. What happened to 'WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS!'?"

Dang. Wayne Palmer gets the start with 24's immortalized words. It's time to start the list:

"THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME"
1. Wayne Palmer

"DAMMIT"*
1. Wayne Palmer
2. Bill Buchanan

* This one's probably inaccurate since I didn't check the first two episodes for it. Feel free to correct.

For those of you watched the leaked 24 episodes, you will be receiving your dude licenses back on a provisional basis. It was truly an unforgivable act of treason, but a full parson from the President may be coming because of how fucking awesome this premiere was.

Anyway, I wanna text "24" to "Jack".

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:38 AM #22 of 410
Wow, I did not expect to see Curtis go so soon. I thought he'd last till next season or at least till the end of this season. Great 4 hour premier as always.

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:03 AM #23 of 410
I'm a bit tired of the series unnecessarily killing good characters. I like the 'no one is safe except Jack' premise, but they've already more than proved their point. I don't know if the writers are doing this for shock value or they're too cheap to negotiate new contracts but DAMN! Did Jack actually have to kill Curtis? It could have easily been a non-fatal shot that put him out for a few episodes or even the entire season, but NOOO they have to kill him off. I'm not so much upset that Curtis was a good character that's no more, but that when you continue to be 'cutting edge' it gets a bit tiresome.

FELIPE NO
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2007, 10:46 PM #24 of 410
I'm pretty sure it was a non-lethal shot...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:47 AM #25 of 410
I'm pretty sure it was a non-lethal shot...
No way, he's totally dead.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread