Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problem with flashdrive

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:51 PM #1 of 6
Problem with flashdrive

Alright so I have both a mp3 player and a digital camera, and I have a small problem with them.

When I connect them to the USB cable, it's fine, computer recognizes the device I see the directories and that's all fine and all, except one thing.

When I try to open a file that's on the flash drive it won't open it, and I can't copy it to my harddisk. No big deal with my mp3 player. I can just delete a directory, put a new one in there and i'm set, but with the digital camera it's obviously a problem. can't see the pictures and can't copy them either.

My sister upstairs has a laptop and they work fine there, so it's obviously something with my pc, anyone have any idea what it is? It can't be drivers, because I didn't install them upstairs either.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 11:03 AM #2 of 6
Have you tried connecting everything through a different USB port on your computer?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 01:09 PM #3 of 6
yeah two different cables too. always same thing. Can't copy from flash drive to my hard drives, or read files on it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 03:38 PM #4 of 6
Does it happen with all USB devices or just those ones? Maybe there's some sort of global Windows setting that doesn't let you write/read from flash drives?

Edit: Do you have any sort of virus scan programs running? Those have been known to cause crazy things like that to happen.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:46 PM #5 of 6
no virus scanner, and my mouse works fine on both of those ports. no idea what it is.

I was speaking idiomatically.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 08:48 PM #6 of 6
Perhaps something that locks file transfers from there? It might be worth a shot going to your device mananger and disabling your USB slots and restarting. I think it reinstalls them when you do that (though you might want to verify with someone else on the forums before you do that, I seem to remember doing it years ago to fix something, but that might have not been what I actually did).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problem with flashdrive