Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

AtomicDuck
Quackus Maximus

Member 27199

Level 5.82

Dec 2007

Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:52 PM #1726 of 1941
My server is Medivh (US)

44 NE Druid, Frostybunny
52 Human Paladin, Dirkh
70 Human Warlock, Duckletta

I have what feels like half a million others, but I almost always play one of those three. My favorites are my druid and warlock because both can be quite the powerful force in instance runs but can hold their own while cranking out enough dps to make solo grinding very easy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2008, 06:04 PM #1727 of 1941
I just recently re-activated my account when one of my friend send me a scroll of resurrection. I'm currently playing a Mage Blood elf on the server Blackwing Lair. I'm just lv 23 but I'm pretty happy with the new exp gain^^

on another note, anyone have seen the new movie Tales of the Past 3? it's a full length movie (90min) and it's completely amazing! It is so well made that I would even recommend it to people that don't play the game.

here's a link to the download : Tales of the Past III - FileFront.com

FELIPE NO
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:48 AM #1728 of 1941
It seems like every other week I'm tired of WoW, and then I end up going back for the hell of it a few days later.

Right now, I'm just sick of PvPing since that's the only way to get gear. And there's no reason to do anything in PvE unless you're just bored, it seems. Everything I see, even in heroics, is hardly an upgrade.

Not to mention, I keep feeling that the incentive to get this gear is kind of stupid. Because it's just going to be replaced by greens in a few months or so when they bring out the next expansion. I'm not one that likes my hard work to be for nothing. But that's just me, I guess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:36 PM #1729 of 1941
I know what you mean Zinc, I've been having periods where I've been fed up with WoW and then coming back as well a few days to a week later for a long time now. It finally came to an end last month when I decided to cancel the 3 month recurring subscription plan and move on. The game just wasn't fun anymore, and I felt I had seen and experienced all that I had wanted to for the time being. For other MMOs I've pretty much gotten hooked on LOTRO and EQ2. Both have far superior communities, and they make WoW look like a paid version of battle.net.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:43 PM #1730 of 1941
I've got around +800 spell damage on my warlock with all my buffs up (fel armor & superior wizard oil) and my death coil usually heals me for around 850-ish.

It's gotta take into account damage somehow, because by default I think it's 450-something. But at a diminished rate compared to other spells.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

FGSFDS!!!
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2008, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2008, 01:43 AM #1731 of 1941
I quit WoW becuase having a druid, rogue and warlock at 70 and in full PVP gear, it really gets boring. PVE is just plain ole boring, it reminds me of Molten Bore.

My druid is resto PVP spec and healing is fun and all but gets boring. I got sick of feral cause no one really needs feral for PVP it seems.

My rogue is sub/assassination rogue. With shadowstep. Dagger spec, I used to love swords but I got gimped for PVP so I moved to that and really I can 1-3 shot people easily.

My lock, well you do the math. Lock pwns most of the time even in my gear I still find it hard to kill hunters and deathwish/zerk warriors. Other then that I still really like my 20/0/41(I think that is right amount of points) spec is really great especially agianst mages/shadow priests. Plus it's always nice to have a backlash/nightfall proc and be able to insta cast two shadow bolts over and over.

Anyway I am done with WoW and am into Eve online.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 03:05 PM #1732 of 1941
Eh, quit or not... everyone returns to have a peek around after new patches are implemented. So... 2.4 patch has been around for roughly 3-4 days... any thoughts?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:08 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 04:08 PM #1733 of 1941
All I'm gonna say is that this is the new Whirlwind in 2.4:

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:16 PM #1734 of 1941
Ahhh good ol' Captain Murphy!

2.4 is alright. I tried Magister's Terrace out.. and it's definitely a challenge. now before people start jumping in and saying it's a joke, I'm sure it's a joke to those well geared out the ass. I enjoy it though, the loot could probably be better, but you can't expect any different from the people who refuse to make good 5 man loot anymore.

I wish there were more instances like that. I'd rather have a string of challenging 5 mans than a boring 25 man anyday of the week.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:35 PM #1735 of 1941
Thanks to my friend Chris getting hooked on WoW, he shot me a Scroll of Resurrection and I've got me a 10-day trial. We (including his girlfriend) are all on Smolderthorn, both of us as Orcs (him a Warrior, me a Hunter) and his girlfriend a Blood Elf Hunter. The interesting part of this experience will be the fact that it's a PvP server.

FELIPE NO

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:57 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 01:57 PM #1736 of 1941
Thanks to my friend Chris getting hooked on WoW, he shot me a Scroll of Resurrection and I've got me a 10-day trial. We (including his girlfriend) are all on Smolderthorn, both of us as Orcs (him a Warrior, me a Hunter) and his girlfriend a Blood Elf Hunter. The interesting part of this experience will be the fact that it's a PvP server.
If you start playing you should get Sass to play too. I know she'd love it~

<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:12 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 02:12 PM #1737 of 1941
Eh I got back into WoW, after playing EVE online and few other MMORPGs(The few others being trial), it's the only MMORPG I can stand the grind for PVE/PVP. I'm on Korgath mostly playing my lock Krushak and my druid Symbiosis.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:39 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 11:39 PM #1738 of 1941
How ironic. I might be quitting, myself. Not out of any actual desire to quit, but because I got a new hard drive and Vista x64 (DAMN YOU DIRECTX10 YOU'RE TOO FUCKING TEMPTING ;_ and WoW's causing lovely BSODs the moment it finishes installing the expansion.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:40 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2008, 11:40 PM #1739 of 1941
Fuck you, internet. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 08:45 AM #1740 of 1941
2.4 has some cool thought thrown into it, and I guess the bosses are initially challenging. Some of the trash pulls are just annoyingly stupid though. Needs a lot of CC. I guess I shouldn't complain, however. It's better than making the dungeon way too easy.

Some of the daily quests are actually quite fun, most notably the bombing run in the Dead Scar. They aren't a ridiculously disproportionate grind like the Netherwing dailies. Easy, mostly fun daily quests. I don't think most repeatable quests ought to be very difficult or take very long in a game like WoW. It's supposed to be appealing to casual gamers as well, and while I do like getting into more hardcore raiding, sometimes I just want to sit down and not have to think for a bit.

I haven't done the Sunwell Plateau, my guild's only starting on TK/SSC. But I've heard good things about it from guilds that have started it.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:00 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 12:00 AM #1741 of 1941
I've started playing a little bit again, as horde. Have some friends that need a tank so I rolled a tauren warrior...they're powerleveling me up pretty fast (40 levels in 3 days so far!), and being as I can't really raid with my old alliance characters anymore since I'm so far gone gear-wise, I figure an upstart guild like this may be a good window of opportunity for me to get back in the swing of things.

If anyone else is interested in rerolling horde and leveling up fairly quickly, we're looking for some DPS classes (huntards and mages mostly, maybe a warlock), though if you have your heart set on a particular class, we could probably use anything if you're interested in playing with an upstart guild.

They're a pretty devoted guild, but previously focused all of their efforts on PvP 3v3's and 5v5's (they all have full season 3 gear - awesome!). Now they decided it's time to check out the PvE aspect as well.

So, drop me a line here if you're interested in playing with us!

<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.

Last edited by Guru; Apr 12, 2008 at 12:10 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:58 AM #1742 of 1941
thinking about taking a paladin into Prot, but now I hear about some pallies being able to aoe farm and everything.. any good spec reccomendations for pallies for prot and/or farming? :| (My pally is getting ready to hit 60 shortly)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:02 PM #1743 of 1941
Just thought I'd share this little gem that recently happened and made its way to not only MMO-Champion and digg, but has made it to WoW-Insder:

One reason tanks won't PuG - WOW Insider

Basically a mage rolled need on a tanking trinket in Heroic Magister's Terrace because he felt the tank was a "scrub" and didn't deserve it. He ran to the forums, gloating and stroking his e-peen with screens and thought the entire server would congrat him on it, which in turned back-fired and made him out to be the worst mage ever and the most laughed at.

How ya doing, buddy?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:39 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 10:39 PM #1744 of 1941
I don't blame them. On my rogue I lost a lot of equips to feral druids, on my lock, I lose a lot of lock drops to priests who are holy/disc spec who are looking for a 'shadow gear' and blah blah blah. Or even on my druid who I have lost much gear to nub shammies(who are 35ish) who roll on leather or something that is obvious druid gear get lost to some scrub rogue.... Or better yet those nifty epic/blue BOEs who get ninjaed only to find it on the AH later.

I can't blame anyone who tanks/heals. I know from first hand of a druid, rogue and lock.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 05:59 PM Local time: May 5, 2008, 03:59 PM #1745 of 1941
Welp, I just quit. Why?

Patch 2.4.2: Scare Beast (Hunter) is now instant cast and has its range increased to 30 yards.

Thanks for ruining Feral Druids in ALL PVP and wrecking Enh/Resto shamans in arena. Y'know, Blizz, the class that's competing with hunters for worst class in arena?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 09:01 AM #1746 of 1941
New Lich King info out. Of course the BIGGEST news is Tigole's announcement regarding raids:

Originally Posted by Jeff "Tigole" Kaplan
At this point, Kaplan revealed the massive news that Blizzard are changing the way raids are done in Northrend, and making them similar to the 5 man instances, whereby they can be played on two levels of difficulty. All 25 man raids will also be available as 10 man raids. The loot tables will be completely different, the 25 man raids will have better and/or more loot, but this means that most players will get to see the end game content in the 10 man version, if not the 25 man one. He went on to explain the reasons behind this; Karazhan, the 10 man instance in the Burning Crusade, was the most popular instance in the game by far. The 10 man dungeons are obviously popular due to the fewer amount of players needed, and the easier difficulty level. Secondly, a lot of 25 man raiding guilds did not like to have to go through the 10 man raids to get access to the 25 man raids. This new system should please everybody (but I'm certain there will be the usual QQers!). Another interesting fact is that the 10 man raids and the 25 man raids will be on totally separate cool downs. This means that once a guild has completed the 25 man Naxxramas for example, they could go back and complete the 10 man version of it on the same day if they wish.

Blizzard will be closely monitoring feedback from the community following this announcement, due to its huge implications. It means that much smaller guilds will be able to participate in content that, until now, only the biggest and most organised guilds could manage, but Kaplan was very keen to stress that the 25 man setup would still be the most elite, rewarding experience out there.
10 man versions of the 25 man raids (normal vs heroic). YES PLZ.

the rest of the article is here:

WotLK Report May 2008 - World of Warcraft The Unofficial Site!

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 10:07 AM #1747 of 1941
I'm loving all the crying and whining on the official forums right now of the raiders who feel like they'll "have" to clear both the 10 and 25 man versions of the raid dungeons. It sounds like an interesting change in theory. Because of this change, one possibility I could see is 25 man raiding becoming less popular, since most players who want epics out of raiding will naturally go for the 10 man version. Then all the raiders will probably be whining of how Blizzard supposedly killed raiding yet again by making it accessible to more people.

Of course, I could also see this going the other way as well, in that the 10 man dungeon's epics might not be nearly as good, thus prompting all the smaller guilds, who can field 10 folks consistently but have trouble organizing or growing to the 25 person threshold, of being forced to run the 25 man dungeon to get the "real" epics. Wait and see though.

Even with this info and the other sections I read, I still don't feel excited about WotLK as I did with TBC. Especially not to renew my account. Maybe I'm too burnt out or too jaded towards Blizzard after 3 years of the game.

How ya doing, buddy?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 12:22 PM #1748 of 1941
Game has entered Alpha testing for the Friends and Family Alpha.

The log-in screen music has been leaked and is being passed around the nets and it does sound pretty epic. Also Curse Gaming had the patch notes from the current stage of Alpha up a few days back.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by dagget; May 20, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 12:47 PM #1749 of 1941
Filebeam - WotLK Title Kapow

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 01:16 PM #1750 of 1941
Nice. I just ripped the video from youtube, but having problems ripping the music from the AVI. Thanks Immp.

Also it appears to be real as Blizzard is in a panic trying to take everything they can down in regards to the Alpha stuff.

Hm seem to have a bit of problem getting it to load. Ah well, not like I'm in dire need of it I'll snag the mp3 later.

Last edited by dagget; May 20, 2008 at 01:27 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft