Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Reformatting Questions~
Closed Thread

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:45 AM #1 of 4
Reformatting Questions~

Hey dudes.

I have a TOSHIBA laptop here with WinXP Home Edition (5.1.2600) which needs to be reformatted ASAP. Now, I don't have the original WinXP Home disc since, you know, it comes loaded onto the laptop.

I do, however, have a WinXP Pro disc here in the office. I tried to reformat with that shit as the boot disk and just install Pro on the laptop.

Oops. They can't do that, apparently. Conflicting versions.

Also, it would be pretty easy to just make some boot disks. But ha ha the TOSHIBA has no floppy drive ha ha.

So. I need to reformat this shit. Could someone please advise me?

EDIT: I would like to add that I would PREFER to have Pro on the laptop as opposed to Home.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Jul 28, 2006 at 09:50 AM.
pofcorn
Because George Clooney, motherfucker

Member 574

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:57 AM #2 of 4
What do you mean, conflicting versions? Can't you just delete the old partition?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:57 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 07:57 AM #3 of 4
Windows XP usually doesn't need a boot disk. You can usually just boot directly from the CD and run the setup utility there. But if it's a newer model of Toshiba laptop (i.e. 2001 or newer) you might want to run the system restore utility that comes loaded onto the machine.

However, if you perfer Pro then just pop in your WinXP Pro into the drive and boot from that. If it doesn't work run your BIOS setup (F1 or F2 on most machines right at startup) and make sure that the boot order of your system devices specifies the CD-ROM as the first one so that your computer will try to boot off the CD first.

Hope that helps.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:10 AM #4 of 4
Yea, it looks like after kicking it a few times (pretty much literally), I figured something out. Something pretty simple. Something retarded about TOSHIBA. Just run your hand down EVERY BUTTON EVER when the laptop boots and you'll EVENTUALLY get into bios.

Thanks guys. I'll close this since I have a good idea what I am doing now. ^_^

O, Hey Pof. Long time no see~ <3

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Reformatting Questions~