Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Front Page Articles

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Simple 2000 Vol. 2: The Party Game / Forty 4 Party

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 03:08 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 06:08 PM #1 of 4
Simple 2000 Vol. 2: The Party Game / Forty 4 Party

Developer: HuneX
Publisher (PAL version): 505 GameStreet

Imagine waking up late one night to find five very excitable swamp monsters crowding around your television, touching each other, holding obscure control pads that not even the 1980's could have had the guts to spawn. This is Forty 4 Party's box art. A quick glance would have you believe it's a new sexy horror game. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Or is it? No. Yes!

I think.. this is supposed to be a Mario Party clone. Except they've tossed the board game aspect back in the cupboard, next to that copy of The Grape Escape that has delicious dried up purple Play-Doh coating every single piece in the box. What's left are thirty eight mini-games to ruin the lives of up to four people at once. Yeah, thirty eight! So the title of the game already contains a soul destroying lie. I don't think I'll ever trust you again, 505 GameStreet! Alright then, dust off that multi-tap, we'll kick this party off with style.

The game gives you the choice of four different characters, of sorts. There's a sarcastic looking cat, constipated looking hamster, plus a dog and rabbit that seem a bit frustrated for some strange reason. The cat is very fitting; an instant battle begins to be the one that has the honour of playing as it! Selecting your character results in them committing suicide as they tilt their heads around at an unnatural angle. Oh well, Game Over, that was fun. Wait, holy crap, what the hell is happening now? Select ten games to compete in. It's the law, you'd better not mess with the law. This is where the fun begins. Each and every mini-game is so ridiculously simplistic, let's explore some!

Light The Bulb
A blank screen stares you in the face for a few seconds, making it seem as if the game has crashed, when suddenly, A SOUND EFFECT! MASH YOUR CONTROL PAD IN SURPRISE! A small light bulb sprite appears in the middle of the screen. That's it, the game is over. Whoever pressed the X button the quickest when the speaker made scary noises won.

The Obstacle Race
Ah, track and field. Hit and X button as fast as you can to run, and the O button to jump over letter boxes and manholes. Makes sense. But watch out, the game can't recognize two buttons being pressed at the same time, so you'll need to stop hitting the run button before jumping, but then your character instantly slows down to turtle speed and never makes it over. Party!

Mind Reading
The four of you are sitting in a field, the word "GO" blinks away above you. Simply press a button on your controller, if any of you happen to have pressed the same button, you'll die. YOU'LL DIE. If everyone magically pressed a different button, the game gets slightly confused and drags you back to the menu screen.

The Eating Contest
You're back in that nice open field, consuming bowls of mystery. Rotate the left stick over and over, as fast as you possibly can. HURRY! This is the secret to eating. A woman with no face or arms.. or.. I don’t even know if it's actually a woman now, anyway, she brings you new bowls. Whoever consumed the most will most likely visit hospital, followed by a coffin.

The Tank
Very much like the classic Combat game on the Atari 2600 (or the Tanks! game found in Wii Play), but completely broken. Look forward to everybody starting off right on top of each other at times. Nobody will be able to move! Haha! Party!

These are just a few of the many action packed games everyone can enjoy! My personal favorite is 'Catch The Goldfish' with the game instructions consisting of 'Catch The Goldfish'. Pretty good, thanks for the insider tip. There are two blobs of music in the game. The title screen gets its own exclusive number one hit, the other song makes itself known everywhere else. Graphics are all sprites with very little animation and the same background being used for nearly everything in the game. Can you possibly imagine just how wonderful this game is in single player? Where the game doesn’t provide any CPU opponents? CAN YOU?! I recommend this game to all the swamp monsters out there looking for a good time.

Final score:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Oct 1, 2007 at 04:28 AM.
Tortalius
Space-ish not that we know what that means.

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:24 PM #2 of 4
I wanna see the box art infernal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
PS what you've got is still pretty annoying
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 03:02 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2007, 06:02 PM #3 of 4

PARTY!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tortalius
Space-ish not that we know what that means.

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 09:31 PM #4 of 4
oh god...I wonder how much money those guys got paid...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
PS what you've got is still pretty annoying

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Front Page Articles > Simple 2000 Vol. 2: The Party Game / Forty 4 Party