Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Male Reproductive Rights

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:32 PM #151 of 178
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
About SIDS not existing? You know it's much harder to prove that something doesn't exist than it is to prove that something does exist. But the absolute lack of any clinical definition for SIDS speaks for itself. It is best described only as "any sudden and unexplained death of an apparently healthy infant aged one month to one year."
This is what could be called a dodge. You asserted that SIDS doesn't actually exist and was invented to cover mothers killing their children. You were then asked to provide proof to back that assertion up, you failed to do so, saying that it's harder to prove something doesn't exist than that it does. This ignores your specific assertion as to SIDS not existing and what it really is.

Which, I repeat, you have provided no evidence to support.

As for women killing their children, there is a very good article in Psychology Today titled "Moms Who Kill". I suggest you read it.
I trust you'll be willing to provide the issue of Psychology Today that this very good article was published in, so I can read it like you suggest.

FELIPE NO
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:39 PM #152 of 178
Here you go Styphon.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...02-000001.html

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:25 AM #153 of 178
I don't think so either.
A link was asked for, and I was already familiar with the site, so I satisfied the demand.

However, I think that somehow, he is trying to say that this should be enough explanation for why babies die, without the need to invent another disorder, syndrome, or disease.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:26 AM #154 of 178
No, but how conveniently we all forget that it started with Alice labelling all men as irresponsible.

Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
This is what could be called a dodge. You asserted that SIDS doesn't actually exist and was invented to cover mothers killing their children. You were then asked to provide proof to back that assertion up, you failed to do so, saying that it's harder to prove something doesn't exist than that it does. This ignores your specific assertion as to SIDS not existing and what it really is.

Which, I repeat, you have provided no evidence to support.
I don't need to. I've made my case well enough, which is that women are not more able and responsible than men to care for a child.

My argument isn't totally serious, either. I don't waste good arguments against stupidity like hers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Apr 5, 2006 at 12:34 AM.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:34 AM #155 of 178
Originally Posted by Devo
And how does this make your generalization okay?

"But mommy she did it too."

Seriously grow up.
And still, you're antagonizing me over it. Follow your own good advice, why don't you.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:42 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 12:42 AM #156 of 178
ArrowHead: SIDS doesn't exist. It's just something doctors made up to cover up mothers killing their own babies.

I call bullshit. Evidence, please.

ArrowHead: Well, I can't exactly provide any, but I'm still right. In the meantime, here's a psychology article about postpartum psychosis.

This article doesn't support your argument about SIDS being made up at all.

ArrowHead: I WAZ JUST JOEKING LOLZ

Seriously, if this is all you have for us, don't bother. You're just wasting our time.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 10:43 PM #157 of 178
I don't need to. I've made my case well enough, which is that women are not more able and responsible than men to care for a child.
So you're saying that because some women kill their children, all women should not be trusted more than men with children?

"Some men molest little boys and girls, thus all men are not to be trusted with little boys and girls."

Quote:
My argument isn't totally serious, either. I don't waste good arguments against stupidity like hers.
a) From what I've seen you've been the only one who's made stupid statements, or at the very least has made the stupidest statement in this thread.

b) You don't fuck around in PP (or in debates PERIOD) because you are ALWAYS taken seriously. =\

How ya doing, buddy?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:13 AM #158 of 178
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
ArrowHead: SIDS doesn't exist. It's just something doctors made up to cover up mothers killing their own babies.

I call bullshit. Evidence, please.

ArrowHead: Well, I can't exactly provide any, but I'm still right. In the meantime, here's a psychology article about postpartum psychosis.

This article doesn't support your argument about SIDS being made up at all.

ArrowHead: I WAZ JUST JOEKING LOLZ

Seriously, if this is all you have for us, don't bother. You're just wasting our time.
Who's wasting whose time? You're the ones having a circle jerk over it. This discussion is over.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:25 AM #159 of 178
Simply saying that men are more prone to walking out on the mother with child is an incomplete assumption. I'm sure that situation has a very strong correlation with living in a low socio-economic level.

FELIPE NO
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:33 AM #160 of 178
I was just speaking my mind. Nobody had a problem with it except for Alice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:31 AM #161 of 178
I have a problem with the fact that you've read a couple of articles (which, by the way, do NOT support your assertion that SIDS isn't a legitimate disorder) and drew your own screwed-up conclusion and stated it here as fact.

I happen to know a few women whose babies died from SIDS and what you're claiming is unthinkable to me. Some of these women had other children - before and after - and were excellent mothers. One woman I know almost didn't survive herself after her infant died (presumably from SIDS). I also know of two people whose babies almost died of SIDS, but they were discovered in time to save them and both babies wore monitors thereafter that would alert the parents any time the condition started to happen again (which it did, in both cases).

What you said is ridiculous and we all know it. They haven't completely figured SIDS out, but there have definitely been advances, such as the monitor I mentioned. Also, studies that show that there's a 12.9 times higher risk of death when babies sleep on their stomachs instead of on their backs.

Now prove that what you said wasn't some temper tantrum outburst brought on by the fact that I said more men abandon their children than women, or GTFO.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:48 AM #162 of 178
And here I was thinking that I wasn't worth your time. :dopey_love:

You GTFO, smacktard. And take your bukkake party guests with you.

Now let's let the thread get back on topic or die in with a little dignity.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Apr 5, 2006 at 05:51 AM.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:27 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:27 AM #163 of 178
And here I was thinking that I wasn't worth your time. :dopey_love:

You GTFO, smacktard. And take your bukkake party guests with you.

Now let's let the thread get back on topic or die in with a little dignity.
It had been dying with dignity, but you came and revived it to start shit.

Now, stop flaming, trolling and spamming in Political. Not to mention member-moderating. If that's too much for you to do, leave Political. If both of these things are too much for you to do, you'll be banned from GFF for a week and from Political entirely. This is your first official warning.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:49 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 04:49 PM #164 of 178
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
This is definitely one of those issues where, yes it's unfair, but life is unfair in more ways than just this. We as men need to stop dwelling on the negative and just accept our responsibility like ... well ... men.

With the number of people and groups who are clamboring for some pretty obtuse rights, it'll be refreshing to see someone accept a social responsibility instead.
Heh, once again, a thread should have ended with SS's first post in it. =p

now close it ?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Male Reproductive Rights