Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kirby Canvas Curse Remixes

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 05:16 PM #1 of 7
Kirby Canvas Curse Remixes

Did you enjoy the remixes done for Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)? I think they're a very interesting way of rehashing old Kirby's Adventure themes, as well as some of the 64 and KDl themes.
Some of them go a little haywire, and some make the original tune hard to pinpoint, but overall I thought it was pretty effective.
Thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 05:49 PM #2 of 7
The arrangements were probably my favorite part of playing Canvas Curse. I couldn't wait to see what the next track was going to be.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:58 PM #3 of 7
The remix used in Contrast Cave has to be my favorite. I forgot which song it remixed, but it's awesome in 4/4.

Mad Machinery was voted "best music" in the gamefaqs boards for this game. Can't say that I agree, most people just voted for it because of the original source tune used in Kirby 64 (which we can all agree is awesome).

Whole bunch of other awesome songs, but I'm too lazy to check the source of each one right now.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:02 PM #4 of 7
Silver Submarine made me sad. I didn't like what they did to Kine's theme at all.

The soundtrack was a bit of a mixed bag for me. There are definitely some superb remixes on the soundtrack, like Tiny Town, Truck Chase, and Staff Roll. But for each great one, there was a subpar one, like Training (moreso in comparison with the Air Ride version than the Super Star one), Spectacle Space, and the aforementioned Silver Submarine.

Overall, even though I didn't like some of the tracks, I thought the experimental take on the themes was a neat approach to adding some variety. And besides, it's Kirby; I can't stay angry for very long.

Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
The remix used in Contrast Cave has to be my favorite. I forgot which song it remixed, but it's awesome in 4/4.
Grape Garden from Kirby's Adventure (track 33 in the NSF), which is in 3/4.

Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Mad Machinery was voted "best music" in the gamefaqs boards for this game. Can't say that I agree, most people just voted for it because of the original source tune used in Kirby 64 (which we can all agree is awesome).
In all fairness, this is GameFAQs you're talking about. Factory Investigation is pretty sweet, though, and I'd have to put Mad Mechanism on my list of tracks made worse.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:21 PM #5 of 7
I felt that the different take on doing a handheld system's remix was quite successful, perhaps simply because it utilized different noises than the 'classic techno-esque remix' that so many remakes before KCC have used. It dropped the over-emphasized bass (which is typically only annoying on handheld systems that have less power in that areas) on focused more on . . bells and whistles to get the effect.
Pretty cool.

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 06:46 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 03:46 AM #6 of 7
Bump from the dead, but I've gone back and listened to the music at various points over the last year, and wanted to give my impressions on many of them.

ARRANGMENTS - GOOD:

Canvas Canyon: Has a new backing melody that is neat but short. Then again, the same can be said for this entire arrangement.

Cold Course: Arrangement of "Buruburu Star" from Kirby 64, which has a great melody. Arrangement seems like it is pretty straight-forward; instrumentation is appropriately arctic.

Collapse Castle: A very liberal arrangement. I really like the mood of the straightforward dance-style rhythm.

Contrast Cave: A well done arrangement that alters the pacing of notes to good effect and great mood. Some of the instruments in the second half of the song may be a little too erratic, but they suffice.

Ending Demo: I think this is an arrangement. The instrumentation is quite uplifting.

Frozen Fantasy: Arrangement of "Rainbow Resort" from Kirby's Adventure. Maybe not necessarily "good", but the original is excellent, and the arranger didn't ruin the song, so this track is notable.

Mag Mount: Another arrangement similar to Collapse Castle and Contrast Cave in that it modifies the pacing to achieve something new. However, the instrument variety in this arrangement is quite noteworthy.

Metal Charger: Pretty groovy arrangement that reminds me of the character-naming music from Earthbound, but the short nature of the song can make things repetitive.

Paint Panic: Arrangement of the famous "Gourmet Race" track from Superstar and then later whored out on the Smash Bros. games. It has some variations to it, but overall it's pretty faithful to the original.

Rift Ruin: Has a slower tempo, some modified pacing, and new backing elements to make it stand out as different. However, it kinda blows its load at the end and becomes unnecessarily hectic.

Silent Seabed: I feel that the percussion elements give it a good pace, and the echoing lead provides a nice underwater vibe.

Spectacle Space: I actually like this arrangement. It's quite different from the original, but it fits the intensity of the final course in the game.

Tiny Town: One of the best arrangements, if not the best. The new backing instruments and melodies really make a difference. This classic melody is essentially reborn in a whole new serene mood.

Training: A short song, but a nice arrangement with good backing elements and a differing tone from the original.

ARRANGMENTS - BAD:

Machine Mansion: Perhaps when the arranger thought of Machine Mansion, Pee-Wee's Playhouse came to mind. Needless to say, this track is pretty annoying.

Mad Mechanism: A mediocre rendition of "Factory Inspection" from Kirby 64.

Palette Polis: "How am I going to remix this track? Fuck it. I'll just throw some four-on-the-floor beats in there and call it a day. BOOM HISS BOOM HISS LETS DANCE "E" GLOWSTICKS HOORAY."

Plain Plant: Not really bad, but pretty disappointing for the first stage. The main melody feels a bit understated and cluttered by some of the effects layered on top of it.

Truck Chase: Supposed to be an arrangement of Dedede's theme, but it takes out almost every other note and fills in the gaps with some stupid chimes; essentially, the melody is mauled.

ORIGINALS:

Drawcia Sorceress: Best final boss music in any Kirby game right here. The composition ensures that the eerie church organ vibe works.

Drawcia Soul: Not nearly as good as "Drawcia Sorceress", but it kicks the adrenaline up a notch.

Menu: Pretty nice, but short, so it can become highly repetitive.

Opening Demo: Good overall, though it may be too dynamic in its short timespan for many to enjoy it. I think some parts of it are arranged from other Kirby games.

Staff Roll: I believe this is an original track. It's pretty good. Reminds me of a Yu Miyake composition (the entire style of this soundtrack does, but this track in particular is of note).

The World of Drawcia: Really crappy to listen to on its own, but it works well in the game. *shrug*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:59 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 12:59 PM #7 of 7
Drawcia Sorceress: Best final boss music in any Kirby game right here. The composition ensures that the eerie church organ vibe works.
YES YES YES

I've always thought Kirby final boss tracks were rather strong (lookin' at Battle With Marx and Zero-Two in particular), but Drawcia Sorceress topped them. Love the combination of the traditional-style evil organ and madness in the bass and percussion.

Staff Roll: I believe this is an original track. It's pretty good. Reminds me of a Yu Miyake composition (the entire style of this soundtrack does, but this track in particular is of note).
Liberal arrangement of Gourmet Race 1, 3 (0:15-0:41) and the invincibility theme (0:44-1:16).

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Kirby Canvas Curse Remixes