Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] PC Gaming Rigs

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:15 AM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 09:15 AM #1 of 4
PC Gaming Rigs

So this PC gaming forum seems pretty dead/boring these days, but that's probably because we are all gaming on our PCs instead of posting . I'm hoping this thread can spice it up in here a bit, a bring a touch more sense of community to the PC Gamers of Gamingforce.

This is a thread to post pictures and talk about your gaming rig. Tell us what you like to play on your PC, what's in it (components), and shows us some pictures of your PC, inside and out preferably.

Hopefully, this can become a good thread where we can talk about how are games are playing on our rigs, helping each other with upgrading and the like, and also just seeing what other people are playing/enjoying on their gaming PC.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Here's my *new* system.

Microfly Ultra
Core2Duo - e6400 Stock
ECS VIA P4M890T-M2
1GB DDR400
Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB
Creative Extigy
Maxtor 160GB SATA
Maxtor 250GB ATA-133
LiteOn Lightscribe DVD-DL/CDRW
XClio 500W Goodpower

The mobo and memory are a temporary solution until a P965 chipset mATX board comes out. When one does, I'll be buying it and DDR2 memory, and OCing the processor from 2.13 Ghz to around 3Ghz. The CPU runs very cool now, less than 30C under load, and that's with stock cooling. I'm getting a Zalmann cooler for christmas to help with the OCing later. Very happy with the Micro ATX case/core2duo combo.

The video card is an X1950Pro, and man does this thing do great graphics for $200. All games run 1360x768; I run Oblivion with HDR, 8x HQ AF, Large textures, medium trees, grass, actor, object fades, and tree canopy shadows and average 35-40fps, dipping below 30 very infrequently. Need For Speed: Most Wanted, runs consistent 30-45fps with everything maxed 8x HQAF (AA too). Company of Heroes runs 30fps avg with AA, 8xHQAF, and everything on medium or higher except the shadows which run on low. HL2 games run with maxed everything and run 40-50 fps.

Overall, if you need a great card for gaming at either 1024x768 or 1280x1024, this card is probably the one for you without breaking your bank. All told it really provides a great gaming experience and I couldn't be happier for the money spent. I can finally game Oblivion like I've wanted to, HDR and Tree Canopy Shadows. These 2 settings make the game just sooo beautiful. I've really been excited with the Company of Heroes performance as well. The game is pretty intensive on some systems, but this GPU/CPU combo runs it briskly with no chopiness.

Onto the interior PC pics.

This is the left side of the case. Kinda looks crammed if you've never seen a Micro ATX case before, but there is more empty space than you'd think. Two harddrives on the left there. One Core2Duo underneath the wiring on the right, with a 120mm case fan on the back just behind the wiring.

It looks very "wire" full in the pics, but really there is a alot of breathing room in the case itself. You can see the beautiful X1950 Pro there, as well as my wireless PCI card. One Lightscribe drive can be seen on the top right of the case. On the upper left is the 500W PSU I got for $45 on NewEgg, and it is really solid and quiet. I hadn't heard of the brand before, but they are a quality manufacturer. This PSU replaced the one that came with the case that made weird buzzing sounds... *yikes*

The games I play I mentioned before, Oblivion, Company of Heroes, Day of Defeat Source, Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I'm playing through another obscure, but fun game called Enclave. I'm waiting for 2 games in particular, Disciples 3, and Jade Empire, both slated for a Q1 2007 release. I might dabble in Guild Wars at some point too, I just don't know which of the 3 games to buy ! It's great having a PC that you know will be able to play these games really well.

I love PC gaming and have been since the days of King's Quest I, and Rogue, and even text adventure games such as Zyll. It's been and continues to be a blast, and I see a long future with me and my PC.

Most amazing jew boots
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Last edited by TheReverend; Dec 21, 2006 at 10:18 AM.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 02:02 PM #2 of 4
Pretty nice. Can you take a picture of it with an everyday item for a size reference?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 07:20 PM #3 of 4
Originally Posted by Spike
Pretty nice. Can you take a picture of it with an everyday item for a size reference?
Thanks. Here is my hand with it.

You can see the watch size, but I suppose that's not the best reference. Otherwise, here is the system with a Wii on it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 06:34 PM #4 of 4
Wow, lots of power in such a small case. Also, I'm surprised you can keep it so cool. Nice job on building it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] PC Gaming Rigs