Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Road Test

Zigan
Parrell of Dissonance

Member 1916

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 10:41 AM #1 of 35
Unhappy Road Test

So I go today to get my driver's license by taking a road test. I did this about 1 or 2 years ago and I failed the first time. Was a real bummer cause i was driving a 1989 Thunderbird and the width was pretty fat. So I get in there fine, but as i backed out, I ran over one of the cones (automatic disqualification). <_<;

Anyway, went today and I recently got a car--a 91 Ford Escourt. I'm not a big fan of Ford, but it's small and not a real gas hogger. So as the instructor comes out to the car with me, everything is working, and the only thing i'm thinking about is squeezing the car in between those tiny cones. She then tells me to honk the horn, (Ok, not hard...) I do so... ehhh... don't hear anything? ... shit... "Yes, unfortunatly sir, you need to have a car with a working car horn... so pissed. -_- And it's one of those things you never really check to make sure it's working before you go cause it never even crossed my mind.

So I'm supposed to take the road test tomorrow again with a 2006 Hundai SUV. I've drove it before, and the maneuverability is really nice, just the front end is a little bigger than the escourt. That's all I need. -_-;

Moving on. Any tips anyone has or just some major key things to pay attention to? I'm taking the test in FL.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 10:52 AM #2 of 35
LOL You'd have the shit luck having it done around the time the news are blasting MIAMI as the TOP ROAD RAGE city. Just what this city needs, another ROAD RAGE DRIVER. Good luck btw!

I hated to parallel park because well I have a sense of distortion of space between the car and the cones/pole inbetween.

Most amazing jew boots
Zigan
Parrell of Dissonance

Member 1916

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 11:01 AM #3 of 35
Which is good cause I don't live in Miami ^^;

I actually live in the middle-east coast. I even dislike FL because of the heat, and hurricane season is a bitch... Also we don't need to parrellel park down here, so that's one thing off my back.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 11:32 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 09:32 AM #4 of 35
I guess I'd recommend making it very obvious that you're checking your mirrors every six seconds... or what the amount is supposed to be.

I ran a red light on my driver's test.
I passed anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 11:47 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 09:47 AM #5 of 35
Take as much time as you need to make turns and such. Don't feel pressured by the presence of a tester in the car.

Also, if you see me around, be sure to come to a complete stop. :nodnod:

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:06 PM #6 of 35
Take as much time as you need to make turns and such. Don't feel pressured by the presence of a tester in the car.

Also, if you see me around, be sure to come to a complete stop. :nodnod:
I was told this the first time in my drivers test. "take your time, they won't pressure you" but unfortunately I got a naggin bitch screaming at me because I took more than 7 seconds trying to make a safe turn.
For some reason it felt like she hated me and wanted to rush the damn exam and I ended up getting nervous and failing the damn thing.

I got a cool asian dude for my second try and all went well. Too bad you can't choose the examiner ~_~

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 10:34 AM #7 of 35
I was told this the first time in my drivers test. "take your time, they won't pressure you" but unfortunately I got a naggin bitch screaming at me because I took more than 7 seconds trying to make a safe turn.
For some reason it felt like she hated me and wanted to rush the damn exam and I ended up getting nervous and failing the damn thing.
That sucks. I had a tester who congratulated me for taking my time making those turns.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:38 PM #8 of 35
Tilt the mirror up higher than usual so that you have to raise your head noticeably when you look at it. Same goes for any other time to look at the mirror; exaggerate it as much as much as possible and don't just shift your eyes.

Maybe you'll get lucky. I didn't have to do any parking at all for some reason.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:49 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 11:49 AM #9 of 35
I don't know where all these hellish driving instructors are coming from. I had a fine experience. Patient and decent.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 10:54 AM #10 of 35
Mine let me palm-turn during my test 'cause she could tell I was faking trying to hold the wheel normally. ='D

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:56 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 11:56 AM #11 of 35
Mine let me palm-turn during my test 'cause she could tell I was faking trying to hold the wheel normally. ='D
Yeah, well mine let me fuck her in the back seat of my beamer. She was a hottie (huge tits, no big deal).

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:17 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 11:17 AM #12 of 35
Mine didn't let me, but I did it anyway. Made sure I'd already got my license first, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:27 PM #13 of 35
I guess I'd recommend making it very obvious that you're checking your mirrors every six seconds... or what the amount is supposed to be.

I ran a red light on my driver's test.
I passed anyway.
Same here, except I noticed a bit too late and stopped right in the middle of the intersection! Luckily it was a slow small-town intersection and nothing bad happened. The tester passed me because "even though I ran a red light, I still did stop at least." That thought makes me shudder. I'm not that bad of a driver all the time, but how many people do they pass that DO drive that badly?

FGSFDS!!!
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:47 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 11:47 AM #14 of 35
I had some good luck when it came to my driving instructor. He was actually rather lax about the entire test. He let me keep my hands on the wheel in any position I wanted (hands on eight and six). I didn't even have to demonstrate parallel parking (which is definitely not my strongest point)!

Anyway, the only tip I can come up with is try not to be too nervous when the test comes up. Getting nervous can make your driving spontaneously erratic at the wrong time.

Zigan
Parrell of Dissonance

Member 1916

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:08 PM #15 of 35
lol funny comments. Had another question. What exactly is a Turn-a-bout? Is it a 3 point turn or what?

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:15 PM #16 of 35
Isn't a turnabout a giant circle like in the Simpsons, where you drive around until you exit where you want to?

Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:27 PM #17 of 35
I think I may have passed my test by sheer luck. I'm a decent driver, but I can't back into a parking space to save my life. I think that most of the test the tester was distracted because we both worked at Target and were ripping on the Human Resources woman there.

I would suggest staying at ease and being friendly, making sure to pay attention to everything they say. From what I've seen, most testers look for an equal amount of skill and safety, meaning you can take a safe turn, just don't take 3 years making it.

Most amazing jew boots
If there is evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:52 PM #18 of 35
Isn't a turnabout a giant circle like in the Simpsons, where you drive around until you exit where you want to?
Yes, that's what a turnabout is (though they're technically called roundabouts.)

Normal people call them "circles."

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Little Shithead; May 15, 2007 at 02:54 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 03:15 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 10:15 PM #19 of 35
I probably shouldn't have passed my driving test. I was speeding the entire time, I cut someone off, and I hardly looked at my mirrors. The lady was real nice, told me what I did wrong, but passed me anyway.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 03:17 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 02:17 PM #20 of 35
Mine didn't let me, but I did it anyway. Made sure I'd already got my license first, though.
"Now we're going to play werewolf."

"What's that, student Brent?"

"That's where I put on my werewolf mask and rape the shit out of you."

Most amazing jew boots

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 03:36 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 03:36 PM #21 of 35
Eh, just drive like you normally would! If you're "faking" being a good driver just to get your license, then you don't deserve to have one! Dangerous drivers should not be on the road!

<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 03:50 PM #22 of 35
Speaking of safe driving, is anybody else under the impression that they actually drive BETTER at faster speeds, say, around 70-80mph? (110-130km/h for you other folks). Slower speeds I tend to get bored with and not pay attention to anything. That's why I want to get a manual - it's funner to drive and it keeps my attention longer than an automatic.

FGSFDS!!!
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 03:54 PM #23 of 35
I had a course test as opposed to a road test. I ended up passing the first time, but I forgot my documentation the first time I went, so 10 minute ride back home. Went for my test, passed the parallel parking (even though I hit the curb... The guy was probably to fat to notice), but failed on turning since I kept going in too deep when I took turns. <_<

Ugh, at least I don't have to go through that again. <_<

How ya doing, buddy?
Zigan
Parrell of Dissonance

Member 1916

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 07:21 PM #24 of 35
Speaking of safe driving, is anybody else under the impression that they actually drive BETTER at faster speeds, say, around 70-80mph? (110-130km/h for you other folks). Slower speeds I tend to get bored with and not pay attention to anything. That's why I want to get a manual - it's funner to drive and it keeps my attention longer than an automatic.
lol, i definatly agree. Anyway I'm gonna be taking the 2006 Hyndai SUV. I went in back of the corner where the DMV is when it was closed and practiced parking where the cones usually are. They aren't there unless someone's taking a test, but you can see where they put the spray paint square marks in the lane.

You ever feel though that no matter how hard you try, you just can't get it right. Everytime i know if i went over the cone, i feel like such a dumbass, like I don't learn from my mistakes. I think i just have bad judgement trouble for parking, yet i can shoot a rocket somewhere where i know where the person is going to be (say in BF2142) and hit them perfectly. ><

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:22 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 05:22 PM #25 of 35
I remember that I lost three points total for just being a few inches or so past the limit line at one stop sign. I took my test during the summer also, so the woman who was giving me the test seemed to be more concerned with turning up the air conditioner. I'm not sure about bike lanes in your state, but those were also important during my test.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Road Test