Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85204 35210

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).


[Anime] Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN
Reply
 
Thread Tools
aku
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 11:46 PM #101 of 161
Originally Posted by Pyrus421
All 50 subbed? Where did you get this? Last I checked, Nanashi was only finished up to episode 38.
some one hacked in and stole like i have said before and released them to the public, they are ok subbed, but they are not edited or timed. so expect sad quallity, search mininova for it

I was speaking idiomatically.
lordo
Progressive Rock God


Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 08:23 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 11:23 PM #102 of 161
The quality is fine. Don't believe what he says.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it


Member 10

Level 39.97

Feb 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 08:35 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 02:35 PM #103 of 161
The timing is fine, however the grammar / spelling is lousy at some (many) parts. Though it's not that big a deal; it's quite watchable.

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo


Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 11:32 AM #104 of 161
The real problem that I ran into was text stacking(if that is the proper term), or the complete lack therof.
Sometimes when multiple things are being said at the same time, the subtitles will cover up rather than stack above each other.

How ya doing, buddy?
BurningRanger
...was there


Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 08:24 PM #105 of 161
Originally Posted by Foshi
This is far from being the worst dub ever.
I'm aware that the voice acting is pretty well-done, but I'm not sure what level of assholery is required to actually tell everyone to mispronounce an english word intentionally. Let alone the level of assholery required to miss it when someone accidentally forgets to mispronounce that word.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Pokemon Diamond: 1547 1670 1982
Klonoa
Walking, breathing fighting game Metaform


Member 6959

Level 6.19

May 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 11:25 PM #106 of 161
People watch Eureka Seven? Its one of the worst anime I've ever seen, when I saw it when it first aired like 7 months ago or so. Or whenever it was. The animation and music were good, but the storyline was one of the worst I seen in any Anime.

Can someone tell me why this show appeals? >_< No sarcasm, I'm seriously interested how people find it entertaining. Wondered. I must've missed something in the first 2-3 episodes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.


sig by bigworm o.o reminding me of how I wish I had photoshop access right now so I could mess around with it.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 12:07 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:07 AM #107 of 161
Originally Posted by Klonoa
People watch Eureka Seven? Its one of the worst anime I've ever seen, when I saw it when it first aired like 7 months ago or so. Or whenever it was. The animation and music were good, but the storyline was one of the worst I seen in any Anime.

Can someone tell me why this show appeals? >_< No sarcasm, I'm seriously interested how people find it entertaining. Wondered. I must've missed something in the first 2-3 episodes.
because you need to pay attintion to the details or the plot just slipps you by at the begining, and it really picks up alot when the first direct antagonist is intresduced. and i mean ALOT

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator


Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 02:41 PM #108 of 161
I guess E7 is those kinda of anime where you can either 'Love it' or 'Hate it' sort... coz I got a few friend that doesn't like E7 too... but as for me i quite like it!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lukage
High Chocobo


Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 02:21 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 02:21 AM #109 of 161
I just grabbed the first DVD and watched the first episode. Not happy.

To summarize my experience: I've already seen the first episode of Evangelion

How ya doing, buddy?
pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever


Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 01:31 AM #110 of 161
For me the characters were interesting. Music was alright too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by pyrus421; May 28, 2006 at 04:48 AM.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat


Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:19 AM #111 of 161
Seems as though people need instant satisfaction nowadays. One of the great things about E7 is that it takes its time to get the main story going and explain all of the characters backstories. Yes, there are some similarities to Evangelion but this is not Evangelion. It just uses some of the same types of mystery as Evangelion. The story really picks up around the middle of the first season somewhere around 12 and then it never stops moving. Remember this is a 50 episode series. That is a lot of time to fill and this show does quite well with not giving us filler episodes. I only remember a few episodes being unneeded.

I don't understand how someone can say this is, "one of the worst anime I have ever seen," after just watching the first two or three episodes. That just doesn't make sense. If you don't like it, then don't watch it but you have no right to say it's one of the worst anime you have ever seen.

Don't forget this anime won the award for best television series at the Tokyo Anime Awards and its coming from Studio Bones. Those are the guys that brought us Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain.

FELIPE NO
EndlessSky
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator


Member 7216

Level 2.12

May 2006


Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 11:19 AM #112 of 161
Yea, the beginning starts off a bit slow but it DOES pick up. When I watched the first episode or so I was like "man this is just crap" but when I watched a few more episodes I started to love it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat


Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:04 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 09:04 AM #113 of 161
I'm sure most of you have seen all 50 episodes of E7 by now. If not, then this new fansub group may be what you are looking for. Seraph-Fansubs have released episode 40 subbed. They claim to be a fast and quality driven group who won't make you wait weeks for a release. Only problem is that they are using the stolen scripts. Their just giving them better timing and more cohesion. Check them out if your tired of waiting for Nanashi. I've seen every episode but I will check out episode 40 to see if the subs are good enough to replace the Bizarro-Nanashi ones.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Foshi; Jun 4, 2006 at 09:13 AM.
Great Antibob
Wark!


Member 1922

Level 3.09

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 10:42 AM #114 of 161
Originally Posted by Lukage
To summarize my experience: I've already seen the first episode of Evangelion
Yes....and I've seen the first episode of Gundam....or was it Ideon.....or Macross....or about a dozen robot anime that came before Eva.

Get over it. Most genre anime start with the same premise and go different places with it. Untrained boy climbs into robot and kicks butt (oh and there's some mystery involving the robot and/or boy pilot) isn't a new premise by longer than you have been alive. But people don't seem to think Eva is a clone of other series because it had revolutionary animation (for the time) and did a couple new things. And because it's only (relatively) recently been widely available in the US, as opposed to the robot shows of the 70's and 80's, many of which are still not available here.

Eureka 7 hasn't cloned Eva so much as it has started with the same premise as shows that its writers have been watching their entire lives. It goes different places with it. All the "Eva-clone" clamoring that comes up every time a new robot series airs really sickens me. Makes me want to shout "Gundam-clone" or "Macross-clone" or "Gigantor-clone" or "Mazinger-clone" every time Eva is even brought up out of context.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo


Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 12:50 AM #115 of 161
Not just the "untrained pilot" thing.

Berserk. Conflicting feelings about his father. Strange girl beat up and unable to pilot. Not knowing what happened during the fight until afterwards.

It reeked of Eva in so many ways.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 01:15 AM #116 of 161
Originally Posted by Lukage
Not just the "untrained pilot" thing.

Berserk. Conflicting feelings about his father. Strange girl beat up and unable to pilot. Not knowing what happened during the fight until afterwards.

It reeked of Eva in so many ways.
Where in eva does his sister, grandfather play a major part in the story? oh thats right they dont, because they dont exist in eva. Also since when was his father dead and the hero of the world in eva?
Another point, but spoiler needed:
Since when do Evas GROW out of Earth?
they all play major more so his sister more than his grandfather, but they are both major charaters, and its not that Eureka can pilot it, she only cant pilot it with the Compac drive in there, once thats out, she can pilot it fine. also, when was nerv ever EVER an Anti-Government group thats total purpuse was to stop what they where planing on doing? The only thing thats the same, is the some what cliche begining that like alot of people have said have been used OVER and OVER. Its hard to try and point out all the reasons in just the first season if you have only seen the first 5 episodes without spoiling too much. Just watch through ep 13 and if you still dont like it, then sell your dvds on ebay

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by aku; Jun 5, 2006 at 01:18 AM.
Great Antibob
Wark!


Member 1922

Level 3.09

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 07:51 AM #117 of 161
Originally Posted by Lukage
Not just the "untrained pilot" thing.

Berserk. Conflicting feelings about his father. Strange girl beat up and unable to pilot. Not knowing what happened during the fight until afterwards.

It reeked of Eva in so many ways.
And Eva reeks of Ideon in so many ways. The fixation several people have with Eva is a bit much.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy


Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:11 AM #118 of 161
Originally Posted by Great Antibob
Yes....and I've seen the first episode of Gundam....or was it Ideon.....or Macross....or about a dozen robot anime that came before Eva.

Get over it. Most genre anime start with the same premise and go different places with it. Untrained boy climbs into robot and kicks butt (oh and there's some mystery involving the robot and/or boy pilot) isn't a new premise by longer than you have been alive. But people don't seem to think Eva is a clone of other series because it had revolutionary animation (for the time) and did a couple new things. And because it's only (relatively) recently been widely available in the US, as opposed to the robot shows of the 70's and 80's, many of which are still not available here.

Eureka 7 hasn't cloned Eva so much as it has started with the same premise as shows that its writers have been watching their entire lives. It goes different places with it. All the "Eva-clone" clamoring that comes up every time a new robot series airs really sickens me. Makes me want to shout "Gundam-clone" or "Macross-clone" or "Gigantor-clone" or "Mazinger-clone" every time Eva is even brought up out of context.
Why even bother arguing with them? Just ignore it and move on. I definitely love Eva more than anyone here, but how in the hell is the first episode of Eureka like Eva other than the fact they both feature mecha? That comment was so ridiculous I don't know why anyone even bothered to respond to it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo


Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:24 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:24 AM #119 of 161
Originally Posted by Rei no Otaku
Why even bother arguing with them? Just ignore it and move on. I definitely love Eva more than anyone here, but how in the hell is the first episode of Eureka like Eva other than the fact they both feature mecha? That comment was so ridiculous I don't know why anyone even bothered to respond to it.
Because to not like somthing because you are ignorant is bad. We need to fix so that it is no longer ignorance, becauce there is not excuse for ignorace right?

I will let you say that about Eva, but you and i both know,that i love it just as much as you .

Most amazing jew boots
DarknessTear
Metal Overman King Gainer


Member 2520

Level 14.96

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:41 AM #120 of 161
You guys probably don't care but Seraph-Fansubs admitted they took the leaked Nanashi scripts. Their work is solely editing and timing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat


Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:52 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:52 AM #121 of 161
Originally Posted by DarknessTear
You guys probably don't care but Seraph-Fansubs admitted they took the leaked Nanashi scripts. Their work is solely editing and timing.
Sry, but I already posted that earlier in this thread.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo


Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 12:09 PM #122 of 161
aku, I was talking about watching the first episode and how rediculously similar it was. I only have the first DVD and haven't seen any more than the first episode. I was simply pointing out the similiarities. I happen to love EVA.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy


Member 601

Level 52.09

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:00 PM #123 of 161
I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Eva, and I happened to really enjoy E7. The only real similarity that stuck out to me was
Spoiler:
the whole "mecha being alive" thing. The Coralians aren't the same because they're simply defending themselves. If Dewey hadn't come along and provoked them, things would have gone on as normal, even following the first Summer of Love.


The characters in E7 are more likeable, the plot isn't complete religious/philosphical mumbo-jumbo, and Renton's dad is nothing like Gendo. If you want a rip-off of Eva, go watch Fafner.

Most amazing jew boots
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo


Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 05:24 PM #124 of 161
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Eva, and I happened to really enjoy E7. The only real similarity that stuck out to me was
Spoiler:
the whole "mecha being alive" thing. The Coralians aren't the same because they're simply defending themselves. If Dewey hadn't come along and provoked them, things would have gone on as normal, even following the first Summer of Love.
Spoiler:
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, one of the things that they were all getting worried about was that "limit of life" factor, which they were discussing. Maybe it was just some poor translations, but it appeared to me that the Coralians would have woken up anyways and killed off a bunch of people to prevent the destruction of the planet. Of course the whole idea of the "limit of life" didn't seem to make any sense anyways. *shrugs*


I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy


Member 601

Level 52.09

Mar 2006


Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:04 PM #125 of 161
Originally Posted by Fjordor
Spoiler:
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, one of the things that they were all getting worried about was that "limit of life" factor, which they were discussing. Maybe it was just some poor translations, but it appeared to me that the Coralians would have woken up anyways and killed off a bunch of people to prevent the destruction of the planet. Of course the whole idea of the "limit of life" didn't seem to make any sense anyways. *shrugs*
Spoiler:
I agree about the limit of life concept being sketchy, but for now I'm blaming that on poor translation. The way I understood it, the Coralians had purposely put themselves in a dormant state to allow their coexistance with humans. They wanted to remain asleep, but when Dewey began firing missiles at them, it was impossible.


I was speaking idiomatically.
Reply

Thread Tools

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eureka Seven Continued? Balikruxh Media Centre 4 Nov 30, 2006 10:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.