Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:07 PM #226 of 497
I know I'm probably a lonely scrub since I just hit 52, but anyone wanna do some Hell mode sometime later? I need to work on my gear a lot, but I've been finding some good stuff here and there. Also: fuck jailor and arcane.

How ya doing, buddy?

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:35 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2012, 02:35 PM #227 of 497
Dagget, I wouldn't mind doing some Hell with you. I've got a 58 Demon Hunter in Act 3, but wouldn't mind at all dropping down to an earlier act. I'll be on in a few hours probably and will send you a friend req.

I wouldn't mind joining in on some of the Inferno action either, with my 60 wizard. I'm probably only a liability above act 1 at this point though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:26 PM #228 of 497
Sounds good. I've got some stuff to take care of in the house and cook and all that good shit. My gear is absolutely awful, but I'm going through act 1 hell trying to find some decent stuff to sell and make gold from.

Two pieces away from making that Staff of Herding (finally got Izual to drop the book) I just need the bell and the rainbow. Yay cow level.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:13 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2012, 12:13 AM #229 of 497
This is a pretty damn good guide for how to do a fairly quick runthrough of Act 1 for maximum Elite kills, etc.
Is it just me or was there no link to any guides in that post?

Nice find on the Stormshield there. If you ever decide to bail out of D3, that thing will get you some monies for sure.

I wish I had good luck in finding legendaries. I found one last night while playing a low level hardcore character and it made me mad because I knew it would be worthless right off the bat. Just superstition, but I feel like finding that has lowered my chances of finding anything good while playing on my Inferno chars.

I haven't found any set pieces, either. Didn't those things drop like crazy in D2?

I was speaking idiomatically.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:22 AM #230 of 497
Oh sorry about that, here's the link: Konvict's Guide to Act 1 Inferno Farming - Forums - Diablo III

I make one or two small variations but overall it's pretty solid. you're basically replaying most of Act 1 starting from the end, but you're skipping most chunks that have little to no elites, especially in hindsight.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:24 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2012, 05:24 PM #231 of 497
I gargle bleach.

Extremely lucky I found that. (lol editing skillz)

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:10 PM #232 of 497
I gargle bleach.

Extremely lucky I found that. (lol editing skillz)
You son of a bitch. Why do you keep finding the uber DH gear that I need? Enjoy your tens of millions

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:42 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2012, 07:42 PM #233 of 497
Oh sorry about that, here's the link: Konvict's Guide to Act 1 Inferno Farming - Forums - Diablo III

I make one or two small variations but overall it's pretty solid. you're basically replaying most of Act 1 starting from the end, but you're skipping most chunks that have little to no elites, especially in hindsight.
Oh, cool. I've done some runs before where I start from that quest, but I just run through areas pretty haphazardly. This will be nice to give me some direction.

Now all I need is MF gear that's not terrible. I have a pretty generic set of MF gear that gets me around 200 MF, but putting all of it on tanks my stats horribly and I haven't bothered with it since the change to chests. I still get a fair amount of rares from running around with just 5 NV stacks, but trying to do goblin runs without NV sucks a bit.

Also, hurrah! I sold some more junk for $5 ($4 after blizz takes its cut). If I can keep selling things like this at a rate of one per week, it'll only be 13 more weeks until I've made back the cost of the game! Woooooooo

I wish I had good luck in finding GOOD legendaries. No joke, the last two I have personally found were absolute crap, one of them so bad I salvaged it just for the achievement. There are still plenty of blue/yellow items better than most legendaries, which kind of takes away from calling them legendary, but whatever.
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me that that achievement exists. At last, that crappy lowbie legendary xbow I found can be put to good use.

Most amazing jew boots
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:06 PM #234 of 497
Seeing you people sell things on the AH makes me wish I'd hit 60 yet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:53 AM #235 of 497
Whose fault is that?

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:57 PM #236 of 497
Yours.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:59 PM #237 of 497
So. Dumb Question. If I start to farm Act 1 Hell (at least up until Skeleton King for now) for gear to try and complete the rest of the act, what should my DPS be at? I'm at about 3k (2.5 if I equip MF stuff) Or should I just equip gold find and then build my stash back up?

How ya doing, buddy?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:12 PM #238 of 497
Also IIRC on that now that we can see item levels it has to be a Legendary that's iLevel is actually 61 or higher. Apparently pre-patch that was an issue as ilevel 60 legendaries won't always generate Brimstones, and Level 60 Legendary could actually be iLevel 60-63. I'm 99% sure I tested it post-patch with an iLevel 60 Legendary and I got 3 encrusted hoofs -_-. I've also read you can get them rarely from rares and very rarely from blues, but I Salavged a shitload of each and no go. Post patch if you're on Inferno it shouldn't take you that long to get one, and honestly if you just care about the achievement you could probably locate a shitty i61 Legendary of any type on the AH for like 50k or something.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:03 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2012, 03:03 PM #239 of 497
Oh snaps and dang, I wasn't actually sure what the achievement was. I guess I'm not that interested in spending any money to buy a crappy legendary either. Oh well.

So. Dumb Question. If I start to farm Act 1 Hell (at least up until Skeleton King for now) for gear to try and complete the rest of the act, what should my DPS be at? I'm at about 3k (2.5 if I equip MF stuff) Or should I just equip gold find and then build my stash back up?
3k DPS isn't enough to complete Act I? How much gold do you have right now? I don't exactly recall my progress through Hell, but I don't think I really had any problems going straight through it. The damage on weapons ramps up insanely with each new level, so DPS was never really an issue. I also had my account hijacked right when I hit 50, so this was going off a mostly fresh start too.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:18 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2012, 03:18 PM #240 of 497
I'm a little bit higher than that DPS and I'm getting through Act 1 Hell (getting frustrated at the minimum level for quests since I killed the skeleton king about six times before gaining a level) without much trouble. I don't think I've spent more than $5k on any piece of equipment yet and in party games I'm doing at least my fair share of damage. I did have some issues going solo when I hit a particularly nasty mob with certain stat bonuses. Think there was one with invincible minions and arcane enchanted which I couldn't slip by that made me bail on the game. Currently I'm sitting around $250k in stash after buying all the pages of the stash and upgrading the blacksmith/jeweler like an idiot.

Are you guys as annoyed as I am with how the AH has completely made low-level gems worthless? I can buy the a perfect square gem (or whatever the one is that's sitting around 350 gold) for cheaper than I can do any sort of upgrading. Why even include the low level stuff when they're so far from even being necessary? 13 tiers of gems is a joke.

Also, totally agree with the question about set items. Is anyone using them?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:29 PM #241 of 497
I'm just getting skullraped by some of those rares and champions. The game has a nasty sense of humor of wanting to throw me wallers and jailers, mixed with plague or mortar. Best fucking one was a waller, jailer and desecrate. I die like 7 times before I can kill one of the minions (yes, I know. I suck) and when I kill the main mob itself, it wants to give me crap.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:15 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2012, 04:15 PM #242 of 497
At Act I Hell, DH should have at the very least about 7.5 to 10k DPS. Those elite and rare sons of bitches will rape you especially in Inferno where they have four properties. Just imagine: Jailer, Desecrator, Frozen, Arcane Sentry.

Re: Gems. I think it's good that anything below flawless is cheap because above that, you're basically paying 20k gold to upgrade to a perfect gem. And god help me if you want to reach Radiant Star status.

Re: Set items. I think most people (including me) just use the items for their stats, not to complete the entire set.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:38 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2012, 09:38 PM #243 of 497
Are you guys as annoyed as I am with how the AH has completely made low-level gems worthless? I can buy the a perfect square gem (or whatever the one is that's sitting around 350 gold) for cheaper than I can do any sort of upgrading. Why even include the low level stuff when they're so far from even being necessary? 13 tiers of gems is a joke.
Low level gems have always been kind of useless, given that you can obtain all the way up to flawless square gems or something through loot. I think Blizz realized this and that's why they nuked the crafting costs for the bottom half tier of gems,

son of a bitch. I was in the middle of writing this when my sister emails to say her phone got stolen and now I've gotta try to keep tabs on it.

Ha ha! Now I have problems beyond shitty drops!

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:11 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2012, 08:11 AM #244 of 497
The auction house can be hilarious sometimes, and it is all about timing. I bought a blue hand crossbow with 876 dps, +117 dex, +40 vit for 50k. A couple of hours later, I am able to buy a yellow hand crossbow with 869 dps, +170 dex, and a little hatred regen for 50k (time remaining on this auction was 1d 12h, great timing). Since this one does more effective damage due to the bump in dex, the previous crossbow is now obsolete. I manage to sell it for 300k.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:20 PM #245 of 497
Spent 3.5 million, and I now have a full mf/gf set that's good enough for me to do the Act 1 run with and only die here and there. More of a pain in the ass than my regular gear, but with NO NV it puts me at 189% GF and 177% MF. Doing the Act 1 run still takes about the same amount of time (~2 hours) but in my first run with this gear I cleared nearly 500k in just straight Gold/vendor trash compared to 200-250k per run with my normal almost zero GF/MF gear. Awwwww yeah.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:00 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2012, 12:00 AM #246 of 497
i got this as a gift, it's really fun. Playing DH on nightmare right now, I'm doing 2 1hand crossbows but I'm starting to think maybe i should switch to bow and quiver, which is the best?

no homo
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:04 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2012, 11:04 PM #247 of 497
Apparently someone has beaten Inferno mode on hardcore setting: It's on the BBC!

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:28 PM #248 of 497
I have no life and I don't think I could ever do sit my fat ass in front of the PC enough to do that.

Also: Farming Act 1 hell has gotten easier since I've gotten a little DPS added. I'm at about 4.5k with gold and magic find. About to hit 55, so that's something!

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:30 PM 1 #249 of 497
oh shit i sold an item for $2.50 and got $1.27 into my paypal account

Suddenly I feel an urge to continue playing where before there was fatigue

Most amazing jew boots
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:56 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2012, 07:56 PM #250 of 497
Man, I hadn't realized that blizzard bucks couldn't be converted into USD. Oh well, I guess that meager $8 I have there will be used for attempting to play the market. Or it'll go into a fund for the next D3 expansion or something. Meh.

Zip: Generally speaking, a solid 2H + Quiver will beat 2 1H crossbows unless your 1Handers are amazing. The slight attack speed boost you get while dual wielding generally won't beat the higher weapon damage from a 1Hand.

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII