Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Becoming the Mayor of Buttlordtown

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:04 PM #51 of 202
Yeah, sell enough shit to Reese and he'll wake up. 192 bells here. Slightly lower than this morning.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:15 PM #52 of 202
This morning mine were 33 and this afternoon they are 28. Boo.
Oh my god.

Mine were 189 this afternoon. Didn't wake up early enough to check the morning prices.

Since I sold half of mine yesterday for a little less (179 bells), I'm wondering if I should hold out for tomorrow to see if they'll go a little higher.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:39 PM #53 of 202
I wasn't able to nab turnips this Sunday but if anyone's interested apparently some guy on /v/ has them selling for 315 bells. If you're willing to risk it go ahead and share your friend code.

redacted link to /v/

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:10 PM #54 of 202
Another friend of mine on the GAF chat has 574 bells for it. So you're better off coming to me. :3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:15 PM #55 of 202
I'd come to your town but apparently we aren't friends.

Also that /v/ thread has 404'd. Gonna go remove that link.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:58 PM #56 of 202
I'll ADD you, I just wish you could had pm me first.

ALSO. WHICH IS IT.

AcerBandit
3823 - 8519 - 2379

AnnieMoose aka Acer's silly alt account
5112 - 4708 - 5541

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Philia; Jun 19, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:13 PM #57 of 202
Anyone feel like coordinating to cover all 4 of these Animal Crossing items?

Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo Zone at Nintendo

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:10 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2013, 04:10 PM #58 of 202
I'd like those too, but the Best Buys in the city aren't on the participation map, so.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 06:01 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2013, 04:01 PM 1 #59 of 202
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:58 PM #60 of 202
gonna have to nab one of the routers i brought up to the meet haus and try this shit out

also hi philia thanks for making an amazing garden for me and all the sweet loot and swag <3<3<3

oh and don't waste your time making an orchard with island fruit

it only pays half as much as regular foreign fruits which is disappointing

all those lemons and mangos being bested by cherries and apples

just paid off my bridge - just for your info i'm time travelling b/c i grow bored and wish to see the future - it's honestly no more game breaking than turnip stuff is imo but whatevs

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:15 AM 10 #61 of 202
Also fuck the one percent.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:36 AM 2 #62 of 202
I also realized some of you may had missed out on this glorious hilarious awesome video.

YouTube Video

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:11 AM #63 of 202
Acer,

I was actually thinking about arbitrage and time traveling this morning.

Let's say you are friends with a guy that's across the dateline. You could buy turnips on Sunday and travel to his town on Monday, sell them at that price and then return to your town and buy more turnips.

Take that a step further. On Sunday morning in your primary account, take your other account and time travel to find a good turnip selling price. Now travel between your primary town and alternate town liquidating turnips for 4 hours straight.

A full inventory carries 1600 turnips. Assume you can cycle your inventory (buy, sell and buy again) in 10 minutes. Assuming you could find a 500% price difference, you could make ~5M bells an hour until the turnip-lady leaves.

I'm not sure if it'd be more effective to fill up your storage with turnips and cycle that, or just move back and forth with a full inventory.

If you cycled storage as well, a full storage is 18,000 turnips, which at 500% gains is 9M bells.

There is apparently an achievement for saving 1,000,000,000 bells.

FELIPE NO
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:31 AM #64 of 202
Radez, I was actually thinking of buying another copy of ACNL for AnnieMoose and doing a time-travelling stint with her account to a date where turnips are being bought for something like 400 to 500 bells. I'm curious as to travel between towns and time affects turnips. Like do they auto-spoil if you go to a town that has their time set to more than a week since you've bought your turnips? If they don't then you could potentially travel to some point in the future where turnips are being bought for ridiculous amounts of money. The other question: are turnip prices set in stone each day or are they assigned randomly every time the date or 12 hour period changes?

I propose that if you can travel to any town/time and turnips do not spoil and turnip prices while given out randomly are permanently set then you could potentially find a really easy way to make money. Just park your ass on a Sunday morning, buy turnips, and then Grays Sports Almanac your way to great success.

Also holy crap don't you only need like 7 million bells to fully upgrade your house? This game man. This game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:09 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2013, 04:09 PM #65 of 202
What is wrong with you people? Just play the damn game! >=(

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:22 AM #66 of 202
I've been playing this game since the original on GameCube. Figuring out ways to break the game and/or exploit it are basically the most fun things you can do with it. Nintendo does add some great things to each new version but it's by and large mostly the same game since the original. Also the writing and villager interaction has gotten lazier comparatively.

Well at least you can definitely say that about City Folk...

Spoiler:

But yeah I'll stick around to see what talking to Isabelle and performing mayor duties doles out. Isabelle's intro interaction was highly promising but now you barely get anything out of her unless doing some ordinance/public works or event. I don't count talking to her about what the villagers want to be interesting. They could have easily had a shit ton of flavor text that you get for talking to her behind the mayor's desk or something. Giving her a shell is probably going to be the highlight of interacting with her for a while. I hear there are things you might catch her doing depending on what you unlock later or some stuff between her and her brother but other than that *shrug*.

I'm hoping the inevitable Wii U Animal Crossing 1) actually takes advantage of the system from a gameplay and graphics perspective and 2) has the writing, interaction, variety, and effort put into the original GameCube game.

But yes I am having fun with ACNL so far despite certain things being a little disappointing. They have definitely done a great job with online compared to the past two games. Getting messages from you guys and visiting your towns has been really rewarding.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:59 PM #67 of 202
My town is buying turnips for a whopping 527 bells right now. It's too bad I wasn't able to buy any this week.

My guide seems to be lost in UPS hell, and Amazon decided to give me a refund instead of sending another one. Now I'm debating if I want to pay the extra $10 or so to buy it full price somewhere around here.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:06 PM 3 #68 of 202
My town's turnips were 92 today, so they ticked upward. We'll see what Friday's are.

I also thought this was worth sharing. Was playing with Ben earlier, and there is a section of beach cut-off from the rest of the town. My house is on a cliff overlooking the beach.

I got to look on, from the cliff, as my buddy fishes way down below.

Spoiler:

Then I see him catch a shark. Go him!

Spoiler:

It made me feel warm and fuzzy to be creepy-watching/taking pictures of the beach-goers from my clifftop mansion.

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:51 AM #69 of 202
94 bell purchase price for turnips

Purchased 11,100 turnips for 1,043,400. Heavily leveraged. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Radez; Jun 23, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:21 PM 1 #70 of 202
Alright, I was correct on how you can break the game. Currently selling turnips for 473 bells in AniMoose's town of Nortstar. Been timetravelling as Acer to buy turnips from various Sundays and traveling to her town with my inventory full of turnips. Not a single one rots. The only time travel business that is checked is when you change your own clock while having turnips in your inventory. It doesn't give a shit when you travel somewhere else with a drastically different date and time. So yeah what a great exploit!

If you'd like AniMoose has her gate open. You'll need to add her as a friend if you haven't already. I tried to add most people who have ACNL here to her friends list.

AnnieMoose aka Acer's silly alt account
5112 - 4708 - 5541

The alpine wallpaper on the ground is Philia's. That's the stuff she collects. If you have any you want to get rid of feel free to drop it off as you pass through. Ani collects classic and ranch. Acer collects modern, exotic, cabana, and any oriental Japanese shit. So yeah if you feel like dumping any of those things. That's a good place to do it.

But yeah that's only if you have turnips you'd like to get rid of I guess. Feel free to time travel and take advantage of this offer. I'll be idling. I only ask that you abide by ACNL etiquette and not run, not destroy anything, and not be an asshole in general. Despite it being my alternate town I actually take a lot of pride in it. I've applied what I've learned making my first town and I honestly think it's the better of the two. Feel free to explore it. Just be nice.

I've already had Philia and Radez come through and they have taken advantage of it being a great drop off point and to sell turnips respectively.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:11 PM #71 of 202
Thanks for this announcement. I stopped by and fondled the alpine wallpaper, because I also am collecting the alpine set. I think the only piece left that I need is the flooring.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2013, 08:00 PM #72 of 202
I have that Radez... and by the way... my island is selling two mermaid stuff you might like.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:32 AM #73 of 202
Btw my gate is open selling turnips at 473 bells until 11 AM EST. I'm letting the clock roll at what I last set it at last night. I'm currently at work. Be nice while I'm away.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:46 AM #74 of 202
Acer, if you travel back to te same day, is it the same 473 price? Also, did you get my letter? Also, Philia, let's meet up so I can handle your floor. Is there any other alpine thing you need?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:11 AM 1 #75 of 202
I haven't gotten your letter yet. I'm assuming it was to AniMoose. I'll have to check for it. Also, I will be testing rolling it back to the day of 473 bells later tonight to see if it stays the same price. I already tested rolling back to the morning of the same day and it stayed the same price that it was that morning (207 bells if you're curious) and come 12 PM it changed to 473 bells again. So yeah later tonight we'll see how rolling back a day works with turnip prices.

Speaking of turnip prices I need to write down what warthog lady is selling them at. So far on the 16th she's selling them at 97 bells when I travelled back to that date. I recall it being around that price but I'm curious if her prices are set in stone too. If both scenarios are true you could potentially find the date in your town where she sells them to you the cheapest and then the date in the town you're traveling to where profit is ridiculous. Philia tells me there are some places that have sold turnips for like 800 to 900 bells or some such. Do want.

Also of note my gate is open but my 3DS system is closed shut. I assume it continues to stay open and be accessible. When I plug my headphones into it you can still hear the music. Kinda a neat feature if you like the music. You could potentially hook it up to some external speakers, put the volume low, and have it lull you to sleep. Anyway, just figured I'd mention that if for some dumb reason you can't travel to towns with their 3DS shut but gates open which I don't think is the case. You should be able to get to my town. That said it is now around midnight in Ani's town so store is closed and turnip prices will have changed. I'm kinda curious what they are now. Wouldn't it be fantastic if they were even better?!

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Becoming the Mayor of Buttlordtown