Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:34 PM #51 of 1108
The fight can never be finished enough.

"I thought we won that war?"

"Win it again."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2010, 05:23 AM #52 of 1108
Well that was fun. I wish it had H3's theater mode so I could get clips of me running over a teammate accidentally and then missing the turn, sending Daravon and myself flying off the edge on Waterworks. It was the best triple kill I've ever gotten.

Also pretty much every time I was in a Warthog on containment. Hilarious was had. Aces should be in the sky, not on the ground, obviously.

How ya doing, buddy?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2010, 05:31 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2010, 11:31 AM #53 of 1108
Sorry I didn't stop to play with you a bit Tails, I got an emergency call to go to the pub.

I had a blast playing some old school H2 though, once I got my bearings on the maps again. I got an 8 kill streak on a big team dual slayer game on Midship, Halo needs more smaller maps. I mean, fun though driving around Blood Gultch or Containment in a 'Hog is, you can often go several minutes without seeing anyone on those maps.

I did like the updated "Did you know?" facts though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:02 PM #54 of 1108
OP hugely updated through the G4 reveal of Invasion Friday night. Picture quality on some things is a bit lacking as there's still no official screens of a lot of stuff. I put a lot of work into this (all weekend), and while I still need to make some changes (need to come up with some image headers, etc) it should be templated enough where as we get new info I should be able to plug it in pretty readily. Bungie has said they'd be revealing a lot more info this week as well.

I'm summing up a bit since I re-did most everything from scratch, but off the top of my head most notable updates since the last one:

-There is no more flag juggling; there is no speed or other advantage to tossing and picking up the flag, so that should eliminate the FLAG TAKEN FLAG DROPPED bullshit. Also, you cannot hold a flag while using an Armor Ability, you immediately drop the flag if you try.

-No Dual-Wielding at all.

-Confirmed that you are vulnerable while doing an Assassination move, and if you are being Assassinated a teammate can save you. Also Assassinations can also be performed air to air, air to ground, and ground to air.

-Invasion mode works similar to BC2 Rush mode; 6v6 with Spartans defending objectives the Elites are trying to take. As the game progresses and the Elites successfully take objectives, the game "escalates" by unlocking new Loadouts and Vehicles; so at the start each side may only have two Loadouts available, but at the end when the Spartans have been pushed all the way back each team may have 5 different Loadouts and multiple vehicles available.

-In Invasion mode pre-game you are assigned a "Battle Bro," and on respawn you can choose where to spawn, or if you Bro is not in combat you can spawn on him/her (again very similar to Battlefield).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:29 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 08:29 PM #55 of 1108
(again very similar to Battlefield).
Who borrowed it from Frontlines, where respawning on a squadmate's position was all but essential once people started dropping sentry guns next to spawn points. If nothing else that'll hopefully reduce the problem of playing big team games and after the initial rush, respawning back at the base then attacking in dribs and drabs, running across the map alone and getting murdered by a numerically superior defence force. I'm surprised they dropped dual wielding but maybe they needed the extra button for the armour thingy, unless they're dropping tools as well (Bubble shields and grav lifts etc.).

I didn't mind the flag dropping too much as it gave away the location of the flag carrier if nobody could see them, improving your chances of stopping them. Maybe an icon rather than the announcement would have helped as surely the flag carrier being the same speed as eveyone else will make it much easier to steal flags?

I really hope that if you air to air assasinate someone you do a massive piledriver on them, that would be the actual best thing ever.

Awesome OP by the way, really well done mate.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; Apr 18, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:47 PM #56 of 1108
God dammit, I have to find ODST now, don't I?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:50 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 09:50 PM #57 of 1108
It's available all over the internet for fuck all money, I picked up my copy for £15 and that was before christmas, they shipped waaaaaay more copies of ODST than they sold.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:53 PM #58 of 1108
Does it matter if it's used or not? In Crackdown it didn't matter because it was built into the game, so I'm assuming no.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:59 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 09:59 PM #59 of 1108
I think no, on beta day you stick in the ODST multiplayer disk and launch from there as I understand it. Make sure you get both disks of course!

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:11 PM #60 of 1108
Yep, I managed to pick the ONE ebay auction that specifically mentions "doesn't have multiplayer" and bid on that without catching it. Considering the dick wrote "COMPLETE!!!!" as part of the listing title I should punch him in the nuts.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:32 PM #61 of 1108
It's $30 on Amazon, is it really going that much cheaper on ebay?

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:44 PM #62 of 1108
Guh, Google lied about the price on Amazon and said it was $40, so I skipped it.

I mean, this auction I'm apparently about to win would cost me $15, and from what I can tell all I'd need is the singleplayer disc and not the multiplayer one.

Ah, I got outbid, so the issue's moot. I'll just pick it up on Amazon and save the trouble.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:12 PM #63 of 1108
If there was any doubt that Battle Bro is the definitive phrase Skills, this should put that to rest.

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
I really hope that if you air to air assasinate someone you do a massive piledriver on them, that would be the actual best thing ever.
Close. Check it out DBZ style:

http://downloads.bungie.net/videos/onthewingsoflove.mov

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Apr 18, 2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:56 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 06:56 PM #64 of 1108
Who borrowed it from Frontlines.

Oh wait it's Shin

-----

Also maaaaaan Battle Bro is ridiculous.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:24 PM #65 of 1108
Eh, it's fine. It's less ridiculous than half of the usernames you've taken on here.

I reallllly hope urk can manage to get them to make Battle Bro shirts for the Reach Beta, would buy that shit in a heartbeat.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:00 PM #66 of 1108
Updated the OP with a post that Urk just put up, bnet sexiness for the Beta:

Originally Posted by Bungie
"In the past, Beta time on Bungie.net meant players simply had access to game history, but for Reach we’ve gone significantly further than that. Not only will you find game history, but your Service Record, aggregate career stats, Commendations, File Share, file tagging, file rating, file searching, file comments, and even Reach Film Render to Video for Bungie Pro subscribers."

"While we hope nobody runs into bugs, these features are offered as beta and are about 75% functional from what you’ll see on launch day. We will be using feedback obtained from the beta to improve and enhance everything. <tease>There are also a few other surprises that we have planned for ship.</tease>"
SHIT HOT

There's nowhere I can't reach.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 08:56 PM #67 of 1108
That shit looks AWESOME.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:05 PM #68 of 1108
While my dislike of Halo remains, even I have to admit that this Beta looks fucking awesome.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:55 PM #69 of 1108
If you don't like Halo, I don't think this would still change your mind. Only thing I can think of is that you might like the Invasion mode, as it plays somewhat like Battlefield.

Which reminds me, I need to add to the OP, apparently Invasion phases last 4 minutes, if the Elites don't hit the objectives at the end of the 4 minutes the game ends, if they do it goes to the next phase (unclear if current time just adds to the 4 minutes, or if it refreshes to 4 minutes). Also at least in the Beta, you'll only play as one side or the other in Invasion, there's no "switching" sides.

Also someone pointed out to me a greater significance of Battle Bro respawning then I think occurred to us; say my Battle Bro Goodhand is driving me in a Warthog and I'm manning the turret. If I die, he can drive to safety, and I will respawn in the turret. That is amazing.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:52 AM #70 of 1108
I'm fucking stoked. I've got off Monday/Tue and Friday that week. Daravon you'd better be around cause I'm gonna be blowing your phone up like Hiroshima, son. Halo just ain't the same without someone to betray all day and night.

In May, the battle begins...again.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:28 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 02:28 PM #71 of 1108

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:54 AM #72 of 1108
If you don't like Halo, I don't think this would still change your mind. Only thing I can think of is that you might like the Invasion mode, as it plays somewhat like Battlefield.
I'd like it if it played like the goddamned L4D2 add-on due out this week.

And even then I'd just play the goddamned L4D2 add-on.

So why aren't we playing L4D2 right now? I blame Tails and Kyndig.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:02 PM #73 of 1108
I'm fucking stoked. I've got off Monday/Tue and Friday that week. Daravon you'd better be around cause I'm gonna be blowing your phone up like Hiroshima, son. Halo just ain't the same without someone to betray all day and night.

In May, the battle begins...again.
I'll be around my normal times sure (for reference because you have no memory, I work 10 hour shifts on Mon/Wed/Thu/Fri). There's still no end date for the Beta yet, but it's expected to last 3-4 weeks, I took the 24th (Monday) off but that's it.

I'd like it if it played like the goddamned L4D2 add-on due out this week.

And even then I'd just play the goddamned L4D2 add-on.

So why aren't we playing L4D2 right now? I blame Tails and Kyndig.
We've honestly just all moved on. Phong is usually on at odd times and he's (as far as I can tell) obsessed with BC 2, as is Goodhand and Merk. Tails isn't around much (at least when I'm around), and I usually only get on to play MW2 with another group of people. Honestly don't know if I'll even bother getting the L4D2 DLC, it sounds great but I got burned on getting the first DLC and I don't know that I'd play (realistically) any more, especially with the Reach Beta starting a week and a half later.

In actual thread-related news, huge Reach embargoes went up today, so it's gonna take me some work to update the OP. I'll leave you with the leaked descriptions of the Halo Reach versions from an upcoming Best Buy ad.

Quote:
Pre-Order Halo Reach Today!
Choose from three editions:

Standard>>>>>$59.99
Limited Edition>>>>>$79.99

Includes: Special Limited Edition Case, Collectibles and In-Game Armor.

Legendary Edition>>>>>$149.99

Includes: All Limited Edition Contents, Unique Packaging, plus "Legendary Noble 6" Sculpture and Additional In-Game Armor.
And yes, I will buy the Legendary edition because I am a retard and want the packaging/in-game armor. Unless this sculpture is actually amazing it will go in the closet with my cat helmet. I wish they would sell this shit at like $99 without the physical thing no one wants; the Halo 3 Legendary discs were fucking amazing but you could only get them buy getting a cat helmet that I didn't want.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:46 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 07:46 PM #74 of 1108
You could always just gently place the cat helmet and the sculpture into a trash bag, and then gently place said trash bag into a nearby dumpster. Then you could have your discs and in-game stuff and your closet space.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:53 PM #75 of 1108
Thread is largely content-complete for now with all of the embargoes that lifted today. Tomorrow I'll go through and make sure there were no minor things I missed.

I overhauled the OP again, removed and condensed things down a bit so it should be easier to read and less meandering now that we finally have real info, as well as it's easier to tell now what's relevant now and what's not. I still need some proper image headers, but aside from that we're good to go for the most part. There's a lot of little things I added, but probably the only one that really sticks out immediately that I'll mention here (aside from the editions being leaked) is that Assassinations are OPTIONAL, so it's basically a humiliation thing.

You could always just gently place the cat helmet and the sculpture into a trash bag, and then gently place said trash bag into a nearby dumpster. Then you could have your discs and in-game stuff and your closet space.
Bah.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF