Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:44 PM #101 of 738
I have medium sized hands, so I guess it's safe to say the Lite is a good size. I mean, the SP had an awkward feel to it too, no?

I was speaking idiomatically.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:49 AM #102 of 738
Originally Posted by Neogin
I have medium sized hands, so I guess it's safe to say the Lite is a good size. I mean, the SP had an awkward feel to it too, no?
I haven't held one so I can't say. I'm not a huge fan of baseless speculation ( ), but I can see where Qwarky is coming from basically.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:35 PM #103 of 738
Quote:
<MervBurger> LOL DS Lite sux ur all morons
<Akai> I don't appreciate being called a moron
<MervBurger> EXCUUUUUSE ME! Aren't I allowed to swing bags?
<SomeGuy> *high five*
<Everyone> Alright, whatever.
<MervBurger> WTF enough with the personal attacks
<Everyone> ???
<MervBurger> UALEALUEALUEALUAELUEALUEA
Hey guys, you MIGHT not believe this, but a lot of people don't currently own a DS. The userbase hasn't even reached half way yet, which means this redesign will benefit the majority of users.

I appreciate the DS Lite, not because i'm going to rush out to buy one day 1, but if my DS ever dies or gets lost, I can replace it with a DS Lite, instead of a DS Hevy! It's superior, why wouldn't I? Also I can't even see my DS screen at all when I play outside, but it's fine everywhere else.
Quote:
Is it just me, or do I see scanlines on the DS Lite? Whatever it is, it's ugly. I'd expect to see that on plain backgrounds like the DS menu screen, or a title screen like Sonic Rush has. It's either that, or it's only shown when you're playing the DS Lite on a certain angle, but I don't remember ever seeing my original DS with something like this.
Only somewhat related, but my DS has some sort of visible grid when you look at it on a certain angle, only on the bottom screen though. Anyone else know what i'm talking about, and is this visible on the DS Lite?

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:39 PM #104 of 738
Grubdog, will you give it a rest already. I mean, now all we need is RABicle to join the thread, and Infernal to post a picture of a dancing cat and we will have accurately created the DS thread prior to gff's downtime.

Originally Posted by Grubdog
Only somewhat related, but my DS has some sort of visible grid when you look at it on a certain angle, only on the bottom screen though. Anyone else know what i'm talking about, and is this visible on the DS Lite?
When I returned my original DS and got another one, I noticed the touchscreen has these little dots spaced out everywhere. According to Merv, it's normal and not a problem, so I'm not really worried too much about it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:41 PM #105 of 738
Originally Posted by Grubdog
That's because there's two types of touch screens, one with that dot grid you're talking about, and one without it.

I don't think it really makes a difference in performance of the touch sceen.

And chances are, both types of screens will be used in the DS lite.

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:41 AM #106 of 738
Quote:
Grubdog, will you give it a rest already. I mean, now all we need is RABicle to join the thread, and Infernal to post a picture of a dancing cat and we will have accurately created the DS thread prior to gff's downtime.
Hey guys! Also Infernal just caame online too!

And yeah I have dotty touchscreen who even cares? The other screen is more response, dotty screen more durable says rumours on internet.

Oh boy I hope I killed this thread!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by RABicle; Mar 5, 2006 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Cos lol
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:33 PM #107 of 738
Originally Posted by chaofan
Hey, people can hate the Lite if they want. Personally I see no point to the Lite if there's no REAL change to the control interface (touching two places at once, for example).
Don't be stupid. If Nintendo did this it would royally screw owners of the original DS. The new improvements added to the Lite (brightness adjustment, longer battery life and size) won't affect gameplay at all. It will just (possibly) make the playing experience easier. Adding the ability to touch the screen at two places at once would change gameplay and games that utilise the feature wouldn't be playable on the original DS.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:15 PM #108 of 738

Hey guys the battery back-up in my Nanostray cartridge is dead for no real reason other than being a poor quality cartridge perhaps and I can't really be bothered returning it because I imported it. Pretty good life story hey!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:22 PM #109 of 738
Originally Posted by NovaX
Don't be stupid. If Nintendo did this it would royally screw owners of the original DS. The new improvements added to the Lite (brightness adjustment, longer battery life and size) won't affect gameplay at all. It will just (possibly) make the playing experience easier. Adding the ability to touch the screen at two places at once would change gameplay and games that utilise the feature wouldn't be playable on the original DS.
Well then here's hoping for that in DS 2, as well as having both screens act as touch screens ^_^.

Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:03 PM #110 of 738
Wait until the next handheld is released from Nintendo, >_> I'm sure you can wait..oh, another 3-4 years, heh.

deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:56 AM #111 of 738
The next handheld will be like a portable Gamecube. Mark my words, and it will be good

FELIPE NO
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:46 AM #112 of 738
Originally Posted by chaofan
Well then here's hoping for that in DS 2, as well as having both screens act as touch screens ^_^.
I like how he doesn't even realize that with the current DS design that it would be almost physically impossible to use more than one touchscreen at the same time.

How ya doing, buddy?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:58 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:58 PM #113 of 738
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
I like how he doesn't even realize that with the current DS design that it would be almost physically impossible to use more than one touchscreen at the same time.
Yeah really, I would like to see someone use 2 styl...i... on his "DS-2" while on the bus.

A touchscreen where you can touch multiple places doesn't seem to me like it would be that much of an improvement in functionality, but perhaps innovative game designers can think of some situation to make it worthwhile.

Honestly, I don't really think the DS needs a sequel, except just to upgrade the hardware so it can run better graphics/larger cartridges, I suppose.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:09 AM #114 of 738
Originally Posted by surasshu
Yeah really, I would like to see someone use 2 styl...i... on his "DS-2" while on the bus.
You don't necessarily have to use two styluses... What's wrong with two fingers (apart from the fact the screen would end up foggier than pea soup... or so they say...)?

DS Lite is ALRIGHT if you're comparing it as what GBA SP was to GBA. Here's hoping they don't think up DS Micro -_-'...

How ya doing, buddy?
Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:16 PM #115 of 738
I hope not. You can't really make it any smaller than that. I'm also wondering what they are going to think of next, for the next DS..

yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:33 PM #116 of 738
Originally Posted by Neogin
I hope not. You can't really make it any smaller than that. I'm also wondering what they are going to think of next, for the next DS..
There was a concept diagram a while ago showing that the control pads can be slided into the centre to reduce the whole console to nothing but a small cube... It's pretty slick if you ask me.

I heard that Lite can't have the GBA cart sticking all the way into the slot, so part of it is protruding out? If it's true, Nintendo should think over how to expand Lite to accompany that issue.

Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:54 PM #117 of 738
Sliding it would be pretty cool, although the layout of the SP felt pretty strange, so, I feel this might too.

Yeah, GBA cartridges will be sticking out, but not by much. From some of the pictures I've seen, it's wasn't as bad as a GBC game sticking out of a GBA/SP. If anything, I want to play GB/GBC games on my DS, along with multiplayer support..I mean, the SP and Micro isn't doing so well anymore, heh..

Cyantre

Member 2635

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:41 PM #118 of 738
If I were to get a DS, I would wait and get a DS Lite. Thought I really can't say there are many games out there that interest me enough to buy the system.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:02 PM #119 of 738
I'm definitely getting a DSlite and as many of you know, I will cuddle it every night in my sleep, jerk off to it, and even make love to it when it's in it's brightest setting.

I can't wait to get the DSlite... then I'll give my girlfriend my old DS... and I'll Pictochat her with "TITS OR GTFO" complete with some cavemen drawing of tits.

EDIT: I will however admit that the GBA cartridge sticks out more than an erection at a nudist colony.
I don't know if that can be forgiven. But I will try.

Especially for my dearest love, Nintendo.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Reznor; Mar 12, 2006 at 11:26 PM.
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:24 PM #120 of 738
Originally Posted by Reznor
I'm definitely getting a DSlite and as many of you know, I will cuddle it every night in my sleep, jerk off to it, and even make love to it when it's in it's brightest setting.

I can't wait to get the DSlite... then I'll give my girlfriend my old DS... and I'll Pictochat her with "TITS OR GTFO" complete with some cavemen drawing of tits.
Why don't you give me your old DS?

I have been wanting to get a DS just so that I can race Tails, Xard, Rit, Qube and Skills. Obviously, being financially emaciated makes this a bit difficult of a proposition at the moment.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:27 PM #121 of 738
Originally Posted by Traumatized Rat
Why don't you give me your old DS?

I have been wanting to get a DS just so that I can race Tails, Xard, Rit, Qube and Skills. Obviously, being financially emaciated makes this a bit difficult of a proposition at the moment.
Because, if I were to give you my DS, that would mean that my girlfriend would never get one. She needs one though. Mainly so I can pictochat her penii and titties.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 02:04 AM #122 of 738
looks like im gonna have to wait AGAIN for a nintendo wifi adapter
was gonna get it with MP:H but now that i saw the new rpg from konami for DS i have to have it

its called Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal

looks like i could waste 10hrs on this for sure

pupu~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
My_Lo
Meh

Member 1649

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 10:17 PM #123 of 738
It looks really cute but honestly, I don't like the attitude: buy a GBA and be fucked by the SP...... buy a DS and be fucked by the LITE... You know what: without customers: fuck them !!! Sorry for the f... word so many times but they really laugh at the customers...

"No one needs to know..."
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:30 PM #124 of 738
Originally Posted by My_Lo
It looks really cute but honestly, I don't like the attitude: buy a GBA and be fucked by the SP...... buy a DS and be fucked by the LITE... You know what: without customers: fuck them !!! Sorry for the f... word so many times but they really laugh at the customers...
Yeah, I know! What customer would want an improved product or more choices?!

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 03:06 PM #125 of 738
Originally Posted by My_Lo
DS people aren't fucked by the Lite, there's nothing wrong with the DS unlike the original GBA.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread