Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:56 PM #726 of 738
There are already like 5 Harvest Moon games on the DS. Enough.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Redfield
Gooey Peach

Member 661

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:57 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 12:57 PM #727 of 738
There are already like 5 Harvest Moon games on the DS. Enough.
They suck, though. There's only two good Harvest Moon games: the original, and the one on the Nintendo 64.

I pretty much just want to be able to play it without getting a blister on my thumb from the Nintendo 64's shitty joystick.

FELIPE NO
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:02 PM #728 of 738
Yes, and they're fine where they are. Not like Natsume cares enough. They'll just pump out whatever boy/girl edition THIS TIME YOU CAN BREED DOGS. MILK A GOAT. KAWAII HAPPENINGS AT THE BAR. JESUS CHRIST YOUR HEAD IS HUGE. I WISH THIS ENTIRE GAME TOOK PLACE IN THE HOT SPRING. HARVEST MOON: FRIENDS OF SITTING IN THE HOT SPRING ALL DAY TOWN. SIXTY DOLLARS PLEASE. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN NEXT MONTH FOR THE SEQUEL. SQUIRREL FISHING. THE GODDESS HAS LOST ALL HER GOLDEN ACORNS. GET THOSE SQUIRRELS. THE TINY DWARFS DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HERE ARE TOOLS. PLOW UNTIL YOU GET A REALLY BORING CUTSCENE. WHY DO I HAVE THREE CHILDREN. I ONLY GOT A COW YESTERDAY. GET IN THE TIME MACHINE, JACK. YOU'VE GOT A FUTURE TO RESCUE. PUSH YOUR DATE OFF THE CLIFF. IT'S THE ONLY WAY.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Mar 2, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Redfield
Gooey Peach

Member 661

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:11 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2009, 01:11 PM #729 of 738
Yes, and they're fine where they are. Not like Natsume cares enough. They'll just pump out whatever boy/girl edition THIS TIME YOU CAN BREED DOGS. MILK A GOAT. KAWAII HAPPENINGS AT THE BAR. JESUS CHRIST YOUR HEAD IS HUGE. I WISH THIS ENTIRE GAME TOOK PLACE IN THE HOT SPRING. HARVEST MOON: FRIENDS OF SITTING IN THE HOT SPRING ALL DAY TOWN. SIXTY DOLLARS PLEASE. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN NEXT MONTH FOR THE SEQUEL. SQUIRREL FISHING. THE GODDESS HAS LOST ALL HER GOLDEN ACORNS. GET THOSE SQUIRRELS. THE TINY DWARFS DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HERE ARE TOOLS. PLOW UNTIL YOU GET A REALLY BORING CUTSCENE. WHY DO I HAVE THREE CHILDREN. I ONLY GOT A COW YESTERDAY. GET IN THE TIME MACHINE, JACK. YOU'VE GOT A FUTURE TO RESCUE. PUSH YOUR DATE OFF THE CLIFF. IT'S THE ONLY WAY.
Yeah, it is extremely absurd how they seem to release a new Harvest Moon game every four months, and then they'll release another version of the same game a month later. What's even more absurd is, apparently, people are buying them. Go figure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:10 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 12:10 PM #730 of 738
If they released Lylat Wars I might actually start using my DS again. I think FFXII Revanant Wings was the last thing I played on it and that got boring pretty quick.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:29 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 06:29 AM #731 of 738
Shin did you play and enjoy FF12 for PS2 though? Just wondering if maybe that makes a difference on the enjoyment factor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:55 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 12:55 PM #732 of 738
Yeah, I really liked FFXII on PS2. The problem with Revanant Wings is that after a while, the battles all become very samey. Because there's only ever five different types of unit in any given battle, it boils down to selecting the right sort of unit to attack the enemy, running in and hammering the special abilities, then sitting back and healing before doing the same to the next group of bad guys. There's never really any tactical depth to it and for me at least, it felt as if I was just doing the same thing over and over again. It's a well presented game but just a bit too shallow for how long it is. It also suffers slightly from Rogue Galaxy syndrome in that you can unlock some of the really powerful stuff relatively early on, removing a level of challenge and even then, the powerful stuff is just a higher numbers version of the earlier stuff so again, there's no added tactical depth.

I still pick it up occasionally but can never bring myself to do more than a couple of battles at a time.

Most amazing jew boots
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 08:13 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2009, 09:13 AM #733 of 738
Well, Chrono Trigger is making me love my DS more like it's my secret girlfriend who I only see every Saturdays and when I get off work early. At least the DS has awesome RPGs to make up for the shitty Imagine gamez.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 09:57 PM #734 of 738
But who hasn't played that game in both the snes and ps generation. Play it again? WHAAAAAAAAT

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:58 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2009, 12:58 PM #735 of 738
The next Professor Layton game should be arriving in the US and Europe sometime in the next 6 months, or so claims the developer. Disappointing, but at least it's on the way I guess.

Quote:
Developer Level-5 is busy localising the second Professor Layton DS adventure for North America and Europe, and boss Akihiro Hino hopes to release within six months.

He also told a GDC audience he wants every other Professor Layton game to head West
[ source ]

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:35 AM #736 of 738
Excellent! The DS could always use more quality.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:41 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2009, 09:41 AM #737 of 738
This is one of those few games that I would be willing to wait overnight outside the store to get. I've been waiting since finishing the first one a couple of years ago for this to come out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:00 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2009, 03:00 PM #738 of 738
Anybody know how to use this Amazon.com: PLANEX WiFi USB Adapter for Online Game/Wireless LAN GW-US54Mini2W(White) designed in Japan: Electronics

Bought it, but can't get it to work. Best I got was limited or no connectivity according to Windows when I switched to AP mode. It did show up as an access point in the DS, but is not able to get any ip, dns, etc. There are no manuals really anywhere to get it working with a DS. Also I can't seem to bridge my local connection to the wireless connection since the WMI service won't start for some reason. Maybe that has something to do with it?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread