Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] (Genesis) Inaugural GFF NHL 94 League

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 09:45 PM #26 of 50
Autokeep is for pussies.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 8, 2007 at 09:47 PM.
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:20 PM #27 of 50
I'm in.

Whalers obviously.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:28 PM #28 of 50
You brave soul.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:31 AM #29 of 50
Are you kidding?

No Francis, No Primeau, No O'Neill. Combine that with the stellar goaltending of Sean Burke and i'll be unstoppable!

In all honesty i've never scored a goal in NHL 94. Ever. I expect to lose every game but it should be fun anyway.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:31 AM #30 of 50
In all honesty i've never scored a goal in NHL 94. Ever. I expect to lose every game but it should be fun anyway.
Well, have you ever PLAYED NHL 94?

I like how no one's gone for the Rangers or the Canadiens...the two teams who would be defending champions from the previous year in this game (Montreal) and the team that would end up winning the Stanley Cup for the year the game was made (New York).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 9, 2007 at 09:35 AM.
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:31 PM #31 of 50
Only a little honestly. Considering I did admittedly only recently start following the sport seriously, I didn't start buying the games until 2003.

I'll play a few games after work here and there and try to get the hang of it though.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:08 PM #32 of 50
It shouldn't take long to get the HANG of it. Finding scoring strategies isn't always easy.

If anyone would like some pointers, I'm always willing to help!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 10, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:48 PM #33 of 50
Since I find it very unlikely that anyone else will be added, I think I'll give a preview of the leaderboard I'll be updating:

(Teams are ordered right now by alphabetical team names.)

Also, since this is a good sized league, I figure we'll do 5 games against each person in the league. In other words, there will be 50 games played for each player. I'm also figuring that we'll do no more than 3 games a week; that way, people can get the games over and done with (most games should be easy to complete in no more than 15 minutes) and move along.

(In case you hadn't noticed by playing, the game clock moves about 2.5x faster than real life, so 5 minute periods shouldn't take much longer than 3 minutes without scoring.)

Most amazing jew boots

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:36 PM #34 of 50
If I may ask, what is a game that is considered as "forfeited?"

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:17 PM #35 of 50
If I may ask, what is a game that is considered as "forfeited?"
I mentioned it in the PM I just sent out, but I'll elaborate here.

Forfeits will hopefully never come into play, but a forfeited game is given in a situation where a game has not been completed by the time I require it to be completed. As "commissioner" of the league, I have to determine the circumstances around a match's incompletion as to warrant issuing forfeits. A variety of situations may arise where a person may not be capable of completing a match within the alotted time, which in the case of our league will probably be between Wednesday of one week and Tuesday the week after. For example, in the case of our league, Wednesday, July 18 and Tuesday, July 24 will constitute a week in the league's schedule, and each player/team will be expected to complete 3 games in one week. If for some reason a game isn't completed, I have to determine a number of factors and whether or not one or both players deserve forfeits. Here are a few examples:
  • Did either player complete ANY games that week? (I may give particular regard to players who have completed more games than the other.)
  • Is there any proof that an attempt was made to organize a game? (Evidence includes logs and private messages.)
  • Did one player deliberately or belligerently disregard their scheduled game or ignore another player? (This is quite serious and will lead to greater forms of punishment, e.g. suspension or removal from the league.)

If it appears unlikely leading up to the weekly deadline that a player or a match will may be incompleted, I should be informed on the Monday of that week at the earliest. I will do my best to arbitrate the situation and will make my best efforts to accomodate both players, especially if an honest effort has been made to organize a match by either player. The majority of the responsibility for completing a game lies squarely on those involved in a match.

P.S.: I am still not requiring players to correspond by AIM simply because not everyone has AIM or has contacted me or sent me their AIM screen name. Furthermore, I am not requiring that those people who haven't tested gameplay with me yet do so, simply because it is a test and not an actual match.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 13, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:05 PM #36 of 50
Hey dope. I'm afraid that I will have to drop out of the league. Since my work schedule is pretty inconsistent I feel I will be missing plenty of matches. Sorry pal.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:47 PM #37 of 50
Sorry to hear that.

I'm probably going to delay the beginning of the season until next week, simply because I just got home from Sebago and I'm tired. Maybe later this week.

Edit: The season will begin Sunday, July 22. I will have a full schedule up by Saturday, and hopefully things will progress from there.

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 18, 2007 at 09:09 AM.
goldsac
Big Ugly Supersized Eating Yutensils

Member 19148

Level 19.34

Feb 2007

Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:12 PM #38 of 50
Hey, 2 days too late..just noticed this today. If Tuesday was a firm deadline then so be it, but I'll take Toronto if it can be done!

Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 04:37 PM #39 of 50
Sorry, I've already got the schedule well under way.

FELIPE NO

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:50 PM #40 of 50
It's a little late, but here it is: the first week's schedule!

Denicalis @ Merv Burger (BOS@BUF)
Merv Burger @ BucPride (BUF@CGY)
BucPride @ The Dopefish (CGY@CHI)
The Dopefish @ Render (CHI@DET) FINAL SCORE: CHI 2-1 DET
Render @ Ronz (DET@HFD)
Ronz @ SuperSonic (HFD@LA) FINAL SCORE: HFD 1-3 LA
SuperSonic @ nuttyturnip (LA@QUE) FINAL SCORE: LA 1-0 QUE
nuttyturnip @ _DH_ (QUE@WSH) FINAL SCORE: QUE 0-2 WSH
_DH_ @ BlueMikey (WSH@WPG)
BlueMikey @ Denicalis (WPG@BOS)

Obviously it's pretty simple, partly because I wanted to make sure everyone gets "it" right, but also because making a schedule isn't all easy. Everybody plays two games, and everyone gets to "host" a game. Remember, whoever is the host is the person who creates and starts the game in Kaillera, so be sure to let the person set the teams and rules. Don't forget to set the number of players in the main menu to "Two - Head to Head" and please don't forget to take screen shots of the final scores and any other bits of info (Player Stats and Game Stats).

Last edited by Dopefish; Jul 26, 2007 at 12:24 AM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:54 PM #41 of 50
I never said NHL 94 wasn't glitchy. That being said, don't ask Ronz how SuperSonic's goalie scored on him.

Most amazing jew boots

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:58 PM #42 of 50
I believe with manual goalies, it's a little bit easier to, while controlling the goalie, to move and accidentally put the puck in the net.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:01 PM #43 of 50
I believe with manual goalies, it's a little bit easier to, while controlling the goalie, to move and accidentally put the puck in the net.
That wasn't quite how I was told the story. Something about a slow moving puck bouncing off walls.

Though, if that's how it went, I can follow understand how an accident could occur.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:47 AM #44 of 50
Week two begins today! See the OP for updated scores and standings!

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:40 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:40 AM #45 of 50
I tried to hook up with Deni and DH throughout the week and I'm sure they did me, DH left me IMs I know about, sorry for not playing the games, I just don't know what more I (or they too, perhaps) could have done.

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:53 PM #46 of 50
Yeah, I dropped a PM to Deni, but nothing ever came from it.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 03:38 PM #47 of 50
I'm not planning to enact any different or stricter/looser forfeit rules now that the season has begun. If you don't get a game played, it affects both players, unfortunately. I think the rules in place for now are sufficient for the first try at this.

How ya doing, buddy?

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:55 PM #48 of 50
Don't know what's going on here, but I can say that Denicalis signed up for 2 different games of Risk, and never showed up to play in either game.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 06:40 PM #49 of 50
Denicalis has dropped out of the competition.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:24 AM #50 of 50
Render dropped out of the competition today.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] (Genesis) Inaugural GFF NHL 94 League