Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] <3 BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI DAMACY <3

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:45 PM #1 of 60
<3 BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI DAMACY <3

Woo! Coming to Xbox 360 and PS3!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158808

Quote:
Namco has announced Beautiful Katamari Damacy for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, according to this week's Weekly Famitsu. Players can this time choose from more than 50 other characters besides the Prince, though their abilities will be pretty much the same. The environment is much bigger compared to the previous games, even to a point where you will be rolling a massive ball of katamari across the globe. Both versions of the game will also feature network compatibility but no specifics were disclosed.
So what about a Wii version? Jun Moriwaki, the director of the game comments, "The Wii is also one of our platform choices. We would like to challenge with different interfaces such as the keyboard on a PC, or the touch pad on the DS. However, the controller for Wii is quite unique so being able to overcome the different issues will be the key."

Looks like Wii owners will need to wait a little longer for a possible release. Beautiful Katamari is currently 50% complete; no release date for either version has been announced.
I can only imagine the possibilities given the power of these systems. An "infinite" level could potentially last hours!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:49 PM #2 of 60
I came when I read this in Elixir's journal. Now, 50 characters is the kind of thing I like, even though they have no different abilities. I'm sure they will all be fun and messed up designs like the current cousins have. I'm glad that they're still going for innovative control schemes, and hopefully they don't mess around with their original formula too much. The series is not even close to stale yet, not yet having the feel of new releases be mere "expansion packs", IMO.

I wonder exactly where they can go for the ultimate level after you roll up the world? Well, you could sort of roll up planets already, maybe they'll go outside of the box.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 05:52 PM #3 of 60
Well, that will be the second reason I should get a 360 (the first being Eternal Sonata). Infinite level is a must. I'm pretty sure it would stop to Earth continent. Just without time limit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 07:37 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 10:37 AM #4 of 60

Pac-Man LCD. I'm glad they're keeping the simplistic style rather than the whole 'look at this ground texture it's using grassy wow-mapping with each blade rendered in 10,000 polygons' thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 04:58 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 11:58 AM #5 of 60
I like that they've only made the models and the like a bit softer to look at. I'm going to buy this if it gets an European release. More Katamari goodness is always appreciated!

Most amazing jew boots

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 09:46 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 07:46 PM #6 of 60
Cool I'll probably get this. Definitely a big fan of the first Katamari Damacy.

How ya doing, buddy?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:17 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 10:17 AM #7 of 60
Very cool, but I wonder when Katamari Damacy will "play out" if they don't change up the gameplay somehow? Of course, if they keep the price at $20-$30 it will still sell, and it definitely warrants at least one version on every system.

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:41 PM #8 of 60
Is the release date on gamefaqs right, with 10/26 being listed for Beautiful Katamari?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:51 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 07:51 PM #9 of 60
I would rather have the rumored DS version instead (touch screen Katamari action would be hella awesome), but these games will definitely be great as well. Now I just need to actually get one of the systems it's gonna be on.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:13 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 04:13 AM #10 of 60
Wow, good that it comes out on the 360 as well, I was a little worried there for a moment.

I guess Keita Takahashi is not involved with this project? I suppose it doesn't really matter since not much in the way of gameplay adjustments are required. I'd love to see something new by Takahashi, though... Is he still with Namco at all?

From the screenshots, I don't really see much of an improvement graphically, which is fine by me. More stuff to roll up is all I ask of a Katamari game. Wheee!

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:59 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 04:59 PM #11 of 60
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Is the release date on gamefaqs right, with 10/26 being listed for Beautiful Katamari?
Dunno, there's no mention of that date in the PR. =o

Quote:
Katamari is Back and Ready to Roll, Next-Gen Style, on the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system

The King of All Cosmos, everyone’s favorite pint-sized Prince, and the whole wacky and wild Katamari crew will be making their hilarious next generation debut in Beautiful Katamari for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft later this year. The newest installment in the insanely popular and highly captivating Katamari series will be rolling into the next generation world with Katamari-style quirky and unique high-definition graphics, an unforgettable new soundtrack, and a new online multiplayer feature that will have old and new players alike spinning when the title hits store shelves.

Experience the new high-definition, next generation sights and sounds of Beautiful Katamari as the Prince takes on a new high-rolling adventure, with his famous cousins in tow, to save the Katamari universe once again after the King of All Cosmos has a very un-royal and unfortunate accident. As usual, the King of All Cosmos demands the service of his son, the Prince, to roll anything and everything up into massive clumps and set things right, bringing harmony once again to the Katamari Cosmos.

Take the Prince for a spin in astounding 720p next-gen graphics, that stay true to the quirky yet captivating art direction the series is known for, but glistening with a new coat of paint in high-definition, as the Prince is tasked to roll up bizarre objects in brand new environments. To keep his son inspired, the King of All Cosmos will provide another fresh and memorable soundtrack that will have players moving and grooving to the beat as they roll through the absurd, yet wonderful world of Beautiful Katamari.

One is a lonely number, but thankfully the Prince can humbly ask the aid of over 50 of his cousins to get the ball rolling through his quest. The cousins have discovered new games to play since last time out, and love to compete with friends in multiplayer Katamari rolling games either together or online over Xbox Live and the PLAYSTATION Network. The Prince and his cousins' online adventure won’t end there as a variety of future downloadable content will become available, continuing to expand on the amazing world of Beautiful Katamari, long after the game has launched. More online features will be rolled out at a later date.

TRON TV!

Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:48 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 12:48 AM #12 of 60
As with We ♥ Katamari, and more so now than ever, I am most excited by the potential soundtrack. Everything else at this point is supplementary. I've rolled stuff up, I've done that. It was fun the first time, and they added just barely enough the second time to get me to play it again. I don't have a PSP so I didn't play that one.

The first game's soundtrack is brilliant, such that I highly anticipated the second game's soundtrack, and that blew away my expectations. I even downloaded the PSP soundtrack and while not as densely stellar, still has some absolutely WONDERFUL songs. 3 for 3 means I virtually cannot WAIT for this game's music.

At this point for me, Katamari is a musician that sends a cool little game along with its album.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 01:16 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 11:16 AM #13 of 60
Oh awesome. I haven't had a Katamari fix for a while now. While I don't have a PS2 or 360 yet, if this is released late this year, I might have one by then (leaning on the 360), and this game would be one of the reasons for it. No announced Wii/DS version yet, but it would definitely be interesting to see what they come up with if they ever take up those consoles... Katamari Touch & Roll. ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 02:03 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 09:03 PM #14 of 60
No announced Wii/DS version yet, but it would definitely be interesting to see what they come up with if they ever take up those consoles...
They'd title it Moderately Okay-looking Katamari Damacy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Apr 23, 2007 at 02:06 PM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:23 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 12:23 PM #15 of 60
Internet rumours on the internet suggest that there will be a Wii version officially announced later (because it showed up on video store databases!), but they have to get the Atari 2600 sprite engine juuuust right. Also new screens! I resized them from the original 400,000 X Godzilla dimensions.

Originals here. Or there. Somewhere.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Apr 23, 2007 at 09:26 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:41 PM #16 of 60
I was always intrigued by tis series but never tried one. but I have to say that's I'm pretty exited to try this ps3 version ^^ I wonder if they'll use the sixaxis for this.

if I wanted to try the series now, which one do you recommend me, the first or second on the ps2 or the psp version?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 01:32 PM #17 of 60
I've only played the second one (because the first never got released here =o~), but I hear the original is much better. No idea about the PSP one!

How ya doing, buddy?
Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:58 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 12:58 AM #18 of 60
People just think the first one is better because it was the first one they played and fell in love with.

Technically speaking, I believe the second is a superior game, especially if you never played any of them. There are more levels, and more variety in both objectives and settings.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:05 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 05:05 AM #19 of 60
So, looks like they just added some pretty filtering to the baseline PS2-level graphics, and are using the remaining processing power to cram more junk into the levels. This is a stratagem I approve of 100%. Namco has my money.

speculative

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 02:48 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 01:48 PM #20 of 60
YES! Wiitamari Damacy: http://wii.ign.com/articles/800/800761p1.html

Unfortunately Katamari DamPS3 it appears for you PS3'rs...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 04:08 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 02:08 PM #21 of 60
Don't get too excited. It's a rumor at this point.

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 05:24 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 04:24 PM #22 of 60
They need to release a Katamari controller for Wii that you stick your Wiimote into, and then roll it around on the floor to control the prince! That would be about as win as it could possibly get, ever...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:22 PM #23 of 60
Anything & everything coming out of the rumour mills are just that, rumours. Watch the stupid thing come out for the iPhone or something after this huge conspiracey. lol *jk*

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:35 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 11:35 PM #24 of 60
A far better pun would be "Katamawii Damacy", but you had to kill that potential. Nice one!

Tilt control would be... Interesting. I played Kororinpa and liked it, but would it really lend itself well to KD?

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:24 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 03:24 AM #25 of 60
A far better pun would be "Katamawii Damacy", but you had to kill that potential. Nice one!

Tilt control would be... Interesting. I played Kororinpa and liked it, but would it really lend itself well to KD?
As good or better than tank control with two analog sticks, I'd wager.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] <3 BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI DAMACY <3