Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Why Did I Buy This?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:52 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 10:52 PM #51 of 59
A gigantic chunk of my PS2 collection consisted of 'I could have bought lunch instead of this' moments with all those Simple 2000 and Phoenix Games. But I've been clearing out the really bad ones lately. EB offered me fifty cents each for a few, but I went to the pawn shop and got like, five bucks each. Now I can enjoy lunch!

Aside from that, Zone of the Enders is pretty much the biggest vidya gamin' regret ever. Jesus Christ, magazines were splashing buckets of sperm all over the place for that game, and I was hey, I like robots! Konami obviously doesn't. Actually, I think that's the game that made me stop giving a shit about reviews, previews or following hype for any game.

Zone of the Enders ruined my life.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Aug 24, 2008 at 07:54 AM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:07 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 03:07 PM #52 of 59
If its any consolation Infernal, the sequel is LEAGUES better then the first.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:02 PM #53 of 59
If its any consolation Infernal, the sequel is LEAGUES better then the first.
So much so that it makes the first feel just like a really long prologue to the second game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:08 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2008, 11:08 PM #54 of 59
That's just the skewer stick for the banana.

Wait why am I analyzing this
I actually meant the buttplug thingie and what exactly that was supposed to be for.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:09 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2008, 09:09 PM #55 of 59
I have numerous games that this would apply to, but the most interesting story I have that's on-topic would be Rayman 2 for the PS2. I was missing my Dreamcast and so purchased Rayman 2 which was the biggest draw for me game-wise on Sega's system. After spending an hour with the title and realizing that it was inferior in every way (game mechanics/control, voice acting, "tone"-yeah I know but there is definitely a "tone" to the DC version that you will find sorely lacking in the PS2 version, like it was dumbed-down for American audiences or something-soundtrack, etc.), I traded it back in to Gamestop. The next week I bought a brand-new Dreamcast off Ebay and 14 games, including 2 copies of Rayman 2. It's the best pre-PS2 3D platformer hands-down (runs rings around Mario 64) and it still holds up against newer titles like Jak & Daxter. I cannot recommend the DC version of Rayman 2 enough. At used DC prices it's worth it just to purchase one for this title alone. Come to think of it, I guess I'd have to say that this is still my favorite 3D platformer even with current-gen taken into consideration...

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Last edited by speculative; Sep 2, 2008 at 10:12 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:17 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 03:17 AM 2 #56 of 59
I bought Beyond the Beyond because I didn't think it could be that bad.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2008, 01:15 PM #57 of 59
Easy answer here - Final Fantasy XII

I bought it because I'd always been a huge FF fan, but fell out of it when XI came around, since I lacked online gaming capabilities. It had been a real long time since X came out, and considering X is one of my favorites in the series, the hype was huge.

Boy was I let down. Lame ass characters (except for Balthier I suppose), no plot or direction, and from the beginning up until where I gave up playing, no damn story. I had no motivation to keep playing because I didn't know WHY I was playing. There was no clear villain or objective, just a bunch of fey-looking people running around.

Worse yet about the characters is how they are all clones of each other. The sphere grid was perfect, IMO. It gave you a fun and unique way to level up your characters, keep them unique, and if you had the patience to grind like hell, make them all super-powered. FFXII doesn't even give you a choice. They all start on the same grid in the same spot. BORING.

The worst thing for me, though, was the utter lack of gameplay. People raved about the new battle system, and admittedly I enjoyed it for a little while, until I realized that I was barely even playing the game. The computer did most of the work for me. Where's the fun? Where's the on-your-toes strategy? Hell, even turn-based combat had more franticness than the gambit system, which encourages you to prepare in advance so you can sit back and relax later. It made the almost-necessary grinding completely unfun and more tedious than usual.

I was very unimpressed with this game, and it pretty much put the final nail in my RPG coffin. I used to indulge on RPGs when I was younger, but fell out of them after playing Dragon Quest VIII. I was hoping FFXII would reinvigorate my love for the genre, but instead it infuriated me that people praise it as such a masterpiece. I suppose one day I may try it out again, and maybe work towards finishing it, but I have no desire to at the moment.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] Why Did I Buy This?