Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] '3...2...1...GO!!' - Wipeout PULSE

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 03:40 PM #1 of 6
'3...2...1...GO!!' - Wipeout PULSE

I think any PSP owner should definitely have this game, and if not definitely get. I find it slightly faster and more responsive than Wipeout Pure, but Pure's music is much much better IMO.

I'm curious to anyone that does have it, do they have a PSN account, because we all could play.

Assegai FTW!

How ya doing, buddy?
aesop
all out of time, all into space

Member 1172

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:54 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 11:54 PM #2 of 6
It feels a bit more responsive, but I don't sense the change in speed. SL dropped the slowest speed class (vector), so maybe that's why it seems faster. Or not, maybe it's just me.

I like Pulse, it's a decent Wipeout entry, but I haven't powered my way through it like I did with Pure. I think I'm just tired of playing Wipeout on handhelds. It's more enjoyable to stick 2097 in the Playstation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:12 PM #3 of 6
bump

We need GFF racers damnit lol.

How ya doing, buddy?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:14 PM #4 of 6
Does anyone even care about Pulse?

I think we're all about the upcoming PSN release.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 04:17 PM #5 of 6
Which is taking it's sweet ass time getting here. Pulse is an excellent stopgap until we get Wipeout HD, and hell, it's pretty damn good on it's own merits too.

The Online implementation could use some work (why does the lobby dissolve after every race instead of letting you keep going with the same people?), but it's pretty swanky none the less.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:00 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 11:00 PM #6 of 6
As far as launch titles go, Pure was fucking incredible. DLC on a handheld?! Fuck yes. Only thing I yearned for was online play (even the menu made it look like there was infrastructure dammit, how much do they have to fucking tease us), and now they've delivered.

Let's hope they aren't cunty with region-locked DLC this time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] '3...2...1...GO!!' - Wipeout PULSE