Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] New thread tag icons by ElectricSheep

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:25 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 12:25 PM #26 of 42
Well, if you have something better in mind, I think you're welcome to make your own tag versions, and if they do look better, we could switch. But we went like two months with half of the tags not having been uploaded at all, so I'm pretty sure Blah just got fed up with looking at broken images, and this is better than nothing.
Well, I'd prefer to not have icons at all, hence my using the light set + asking for the text links.

But if I had to choose one, I do prefer the little pixel-console icons, even if a few were broken.

Normally, I would have been happy to make a whole buttload of icons for you guys, but these days I no longer have the free time to do so.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:34 PM #27 of 42
Well, the thing to keep in mind is that this is a layout that we'll be doing for ALL threads on the board if we can get this thing rolling right.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:52 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 11:52 AM #28 of 42
If you're stumped on what to make as a tag then use the :plant: tag. It is used for those occasions where all other tags fail. It's also used for complete shit threads that we close and keep around as examples of what kind of threads are complete failures.
I recommend slapping some Vaseline on and using that instead because it has both connotations (despite being completely awesome).

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:55 PM #29 of 42
Heh, I'd go for that because then we'd have the possibility of having a Virtual Boy thread in every forum and I approve of that mightily. =)))))

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:55 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 11:55 PM #30 of 42
I don't know, but something doesn't feel right about this shitload of tags.

Look, if I want to filter DS threads, I want to see all DS threads and not miss out on the discussions about DS games tagged as "Rumour", "Rant", "Amusing" or by some jerk.

The only way I see this setup working is if we allow for multiple tags - and I think we can all agree that that's the point where things are getting way out of proportion for a forum this size.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:58 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 02:58 PM #31 of 42
These icons could probably be half the size the are right now. They are taking up too much space.

FELIPE NO
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 06:54 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 01:54 AM #32 of 42
Wow, I thought Paco's were much better.
I'm with this fellar, whoever he is. It's not like these are ugly, I just like pixel artsy stuff. I'll get used to it though. And then it'll change again! It's like going back to college!

Any chance of having a sort of "skin" for each set or something?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by surasshu; Jul 15, 2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:29 PM #33 of 42
surasshu, I don't want to open the can of worms on options with certain staff members again. We'll have one concise overarching set and style.

Rock, staff will make sure that tags are used appropriately. If it's a thread for a DS thread then it'll be marked as so. If it's a rumor thread then it's a rumor thread be it DS, PS2, whatever. Once it becomes official then a new thread can be created with the proper tag.

I've laid out what the tags should be used for. That should be enough. We've discussed multiple tags before and it would be way too much work for Blah and also seems unnecessary. These tags should cover everything. If you don't think so then tell me what tags should be added. I mean, I guess we could have a Let's Play tag for Brady's thread and The Dopefish's thread that fall under that category.

Cetra, I do agree that they could be a couple pixels shorter but I'm curious as to the resolution you are using.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:11 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 01:11 PM #34 of 42
Just thought I'd chime in to say I'm pleased with the new tags. I could have lived with the other ones, but these are ok too, especially .

Oh and :brainexplosion: at the number of tags. I guess if it's best for the community, then it'll be fine. I can suffer a few :brainexplosion:s to make GFF a happier place! ='D (By my logic: new tags = happiness...hmm...)

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:34 PM #35 of 42
These are probably the best ones yet. The only two that bug me are the PS2 and 360 ones. Especially the 360 one, there's just something about it that makes me want to punch it or something. I think the font is a little too fat, and the abbreviation could do with an "X" in front of it.

Anyhow good work. Thanks for the constant effort you guys put into making this place constantly better.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:37 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 10:37 PM #36 of 42
prettyful! definitely like the new tags! all I've gata ask is where are they for the Anime forums?!?! wheres the love?

I like the way they look, and think that a few of them could be useful over in the anime area too. But very nice, helps color cordinate the side of the page so ya can figure out what your lookin at even if your completely ignorant like me about what system games are coming out on now. Ive been out of the gaming loop too long -_- the corps sucks

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:30 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 09:30 PM #37 of 42
Quote:
Cetra, I do agree that they could be a couple pixels shorter but I'm curious as to the resolution you are using.
Actually I run a desktop resolution 1920x1200. However, its just the large percentage of space each icon uses when considering their purpose. I know the actual row height is determined by the topic cell but the width of the column could be cut down a whole lot. A 40x20 pixel size for the icons would probably look a whole lot better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:54 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 01:54 PM #38 of 42
surasshu, I don't want to open the can of worms on options with certain staff members again. We'll have one concise overarching set and style.
Fair enough!
These tags should cover everything. If you don't think so then tell me what tags should be added. I mean, I guess we could have a Let's Play tag for Brady's thread and The Dopefish's thread that fall under that category.
I think these tags are plenty, barring specific ones for other sections like anime and manga tags. If anything, I feel like we could do without some of these, but I can see how they all have their function so I wouldn't know which ones that would be.

You can always remove some tags if it turns out they're never used.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:53 AM #39 of 42
Well obviously, each forum will have their specific tags. We just haven't gotten around to making tag images or tags for certain (read most) forums yet. Animespot and Media Centre are likely the next we are to work on once we have these tags and the Video Gaming forum in order.

Cetra, we use the same monitor resolution then. That's cool. I'll take your suggestion and see what that looks like. And yes the topic cell does determine how big it's going to be but who knows if that will change or not.

Thanks for the input, guys. I hope we can get ElectricSheep's psd files one of these days so we can fiddle around with this stuff. =)))

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 04:51 PM #40 of 42
These are so awesome~

I mean, if you guys don't think they "match" the rest of the site, then why not remove that "glass" effect on it? Seriously guys... These are simple and clean just like the rest of the forums are. I don't know what's not to like about them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:06 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 08:06 PM #41 of 42
MGS4 for gameboy advance. Confirm plz =(

Needs more VIRTUAL BOI ICONZ

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:45 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 08:45 PM #42 of 42
These Icons are AWESOME.

<3 Everyone who was involved in the creative process to make these.
Post .psd's for us artists to make more on our own?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] New thread tag icons by ElectricSheep