Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Eight glasses a day? Go fuck yourself doctor.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:19 PM #26 of 64
When you get right down to it, you only need to drink when your body tells you that you are thristy. Trying to shove drinks down your throat because you feel that's what you are supposed to have is harmful. Your body knows what it needs and it will notify you (mostly dry throat/mouth) when it needs more liquid. That's how I've always regulated my liquid intake, and that's how I always will.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:21 PM #27 of 64
If your urine is yellow, you're not getting enough water, and if I only drank when I was thirsty I'd drink about one glass a day.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:34 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 12:34 PM #28 of 64
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
If your urine is yellow, you're not getting enough water, and if I only drank when I was thirsty I'd drink about one glass a day.
What makes you think that? I've never heard that before. It would seem to me if your urine is clear, you're drinking too much water. Your urine is diluted because your body is scrambling to rid itself of the excess water to restore equilibrium.

How ya doing, buddy?

Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:13 PM #29 of 64
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
When you get right down to it, you only need to drink when your body tells you that you are thristy.
That may be fine and all when you're just sitting around the house with plenty of water around, but if you're out backpacking or doing streunous activity you're supposed to hydrate before you get thirsty. If you're thirsty, your body is telling you that it is starting to need water, which means you're getting dehyrdated. Also, that method leads to gulping down large amounts at irregular intervals, a sure way to get yourself feeling uncomfortable if not downright ill.

Originally Posted by Alice
If your urine is yellow, you're not getting enough water
Vitamin B2 can also make it very yellow, even if you're getting enough water. It just means an excess of B2.

Most amazing jew boots
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:08 PM #30 of 64
I used to drink very little water maybe 1 glass a day if that, but I'm drinking more now. 8 glasses is so much most I could do was 7. I guess I drink about 5 these days. It gets easier when you get used to it. I was a soda guzzler who didn't like water at all so it's quite the improvement. Speaking of which I better get another glass in..

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 07:36 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 04:36 PM #31 of 64
I probably drink the equivalent of four water bottles daily. I may also have juice or milk along with that, but I certainly don't drink the recommended eight glasses of water per day. I don’t drink soda, and I always have water whenever I eat something.

FELIPE NO
Jin
Syklis Green

Member 383

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 03:49 PM #32 of 64
In addition to 8 glasses of water, I usually go through at least 3-4 bottles of water from my workouts. Especially when one of the fighters from our gym is preparing for a fight, the workouts get harder and the sweat is just pouring. My wife is always buying Menehune bottled water, but it's usually more for her than me. hehe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 07:04 PM #33 of 64
You`re worrying me, Scarlet. Maybe I`ll ease up on the intake.

(I heard you should at least get an ounce for every two pounds you weigh. Take that!)

Hmm, I also heard somewhere that your urine should at all times be a light yellow. Man, who cares. I just know that drinking it the way I do helps me digest things slower and more efficiently, it keeps me strong in the gym, and it washes away excess free radicals. Not to mention a slight increase in metabolism. Maybe I`ll cut down to a gallon a day.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 05:43 AM #34 of 64
I think it's supposed to be a clearish light yellow. As long as it's not yellow or orangeish, you're fine. I'm grossing myself out now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:52 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 10:52 PM #35 of 64
Water? Sometimes I drink that in the shower, standing there like a dog lapping it up if dogs had their own little showers and such. Getting sprayed with the hose might count, I dunno. Then for the rest of the day it's soft drink usually. I'll often get the feeling I'm going to die with this constant amount of fizzy doom, especially on hot days, but it's okay, another quick swig of soft drink and the crisis is over for at least five minutes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:19 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 02:19 PM #36 of 64
Eating lots of fatty and rich foods will make your urine darker, since the body needs to use more bile to digest the fat contained in them.

I drink about that much when i'm not going out anywhere. However, I hate feeling any pressure whatsoever so i'll tend to avoid drinking while i'm out and about unless it's especially hot.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:27 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:27 AM #37 of 64
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
You`re worrying me, Scarlet. Maybe I`ll ease up on the intake.

(I heard you should at least get an ounce for every two pounds you weigh. Take that!)
OO: Thing is, my metabolism rate is high as heck, and I get hungry/dehydrated (or at least I feel dehydrated) pretty fast. Since I'm only about.. 125lb at around 5'7/5'8, it's too little for me..

Like how people like soda or beer, I like distilled water

Speaking of urine, my urine color is always clear, if not, slight yellow. Also, if you take supplementary tablets like Vit. C, the excessive Vit. C will add more yellow into your urine.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:29 AM #38 of 64
For one month I took these "muscle building" vitamins. Every vitamin and mineral except iron and all kinds of crazy extracts from vegetables, roots, etc. It also had colostrum, which is found in breast milk...

Anyway, I guzzled water back then too. No matter how much I drank I pissed NEON for at least two hours.

Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:21 PM #39 of 64

I drink, depending on if I go to the gym that day or not, anywhere between 6-9 liters a day. It was part of a diet I did in 1999 and it stuck ever since.
6 LITERS??? do you run a marathon or what?

on my side, I drink 2-3 liters of liquid (includes gatorade, protein drink, water and milk), and sometimes more if it's really hot outside. Filtered water (with a brita filter) is unexpensive and cleans the water (I've had problems with tap water forever...)

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:37 PM #40 of 64
Anyway, I guzzled urine back then too. No matter how much I drank I pissed NEON for at least two hours.
That's what I read the first time. I have contained the laughter well enough to let you know now.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 03:40 PM #41 of 64
That`s interesting Jimmy. I`ll keep that in mind about you from here on out.

Phoque, you`d be surprised how much water you can drink if you streadily sip it throughout the day.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:35 AM #42 of 64
I've got illregular water habits.

Some days I barely touch a pint and other days 3 bottles are gone in five minutes.

I loathe drinking water with meals but it's the first thing I like to take if I'm just thristy and not hungry.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 10:37 AM #43 of 64
Altogether I spent nine hours on the road yesterday. Didn´t drink a damned bit of water yesterday, just whatever my body drew from the food I ate. Weighed myself this morning before eating or drinking and I was eight pound lighter than my average for the past two months. Good ol´water weight.

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:28 PM #44 of 64
Damn. Thats alot of water weight. I usually think of two or three pounds tops after a day of no water.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 06:23 PM #45 of 64
I need to drink and eat better. I don't drink water everyday, and when I do it's usually at work because that's all we're allowed to have. I might have 16 ounces per work day, if I'm thirsty enough.

At home, I'm a sodaholic, which I know is terrible for me, but I can't help it. It tastes so good!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 03:46 PM #46 of 64
Yeah, I had a soda problem myself. Used to drink two 2-liter bottles a day. Quit it twice. The first time for seventeen and a half months, the second for just over 27 months. Now I only drink it when a certain family member allows me (that was the deal), which is about a glass a week. Damn her.

I think, basically, I have a drinking problem, and will guzzle anything near me.

soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 11:31 PM #47 of 64
When they say 8 glasses a day, they mean little glasses If you're thirsty, that means you're already dehydrated. I try to just drink a bottle of water a day, depending on how active I am. If you're hot, or if you're working out you're losing water so you'll need to drink more.

But if you're just sitting there doing nothing... I don't know why you'd drink water unless you were thirsty.

It's too bad that just juices have so much sugar in it. I don't really like water, so I drink vitamin water

There is a different between bottled water... I think Arrowhead is gross, there is too much of a mineral taste. I like Dasani or Crystal Geyser.... the water here is really hard, when the ice melts and the water evaporates from my glass, it's quite gross.

FELIPE NO
Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 08:50 PM #48 of 64
I drink way beyong the 8 recommended glasses a day. Most of the time, anyway. I find that when I've got a day off I drink noticeably more than when I'm out and about. I always try to have a bottle of something with me.

Most people don't realize you don't have to drink pure water. Although it's better, I know plenty of people that buy crystal light or those little packets of tea you can mix in your bottle of wate to get their fluids in that way.

The GreyFox
Good Chocobo

Member 196

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 09:46 PM #49 of 64
Eight glasses of water a day? I drink that and more every single day. I probably have about 15 glasses of water per day, on average. I get especially thirsty after meals or if I'm eating a snack.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nissay
~ ~

Member 12645

Level 5.19

Sep 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:15 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:15 PM #50 of 64
Lol my problem is that i drink too much,i'm almost thirsty :s

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Eight glasses a day? Go fuck yourself doctor.