Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft GFF Community Guild - Aperture Science

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:14 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 11:14 AM #51 of 71
Already dead, don't bother.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 06:38 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 04:38 PM #52 of 71
Well I rolled a BE paladin on Dark Iron just for the hell of it anyways and to get away from the over populated stupid populous of my main's server. I'm having quite a bit of fun leveling the wee little thing, so I think I'll continue on with it.

Name's Cherrygarcia; if anyone from Aperature Science spots me please send invite. <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:49 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2008, 10:49 AM #53 of 71
Already dead, don't bother.
That's lame, it sounded like people were pretty excited about doing this too =/.

I was speaking idiomatically.

And thanks for stopping by.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:47 PM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 04:47 PM #54 of 71
Yeah, I had hoped interest in this would last at least a few months, but by the time I joined in mid-December it was already almost gone. We could still make something of this if those who still play all went and joined another guild - I know Ronz is looking for one.

Personally I've gotten sick of grinding a broken pvp system for purples that will be invalidated by the first greens in Wrath of the Lich King, so I ended up cancelling my subscription. I have no reason to leave Dark Iron and I'll end up playing again someday, but maybe not until WotLK comes out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 07:31 PM #55 of 71
I am totally there with you and the broken pvp system. Being crowd controlled continually by a druid on my warrior while doing arenas this week (cyclonex3, rootx1, repeat) and not being able to do anything about it almsot put me over the edge this morning.

Well, I'm still interested if you guys are. I don't mind rolling a toon on here if theres more than you and I that would be playing, Starman. Any other people still around/still interested?

FELIPE NO

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:28 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 07:28 PM #56 of 71
LOL Sam! You could come play with me on Laughing Skull. Alliance side, though. I've got a nice large guild with fun people, and Masanda and nwzinc are also on the server (though not in my guild).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 07:13 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 07:13 AM #57 of 71
LOL Sam! You could come play with me on Laughing Skull. Alliance side, though. I've got a nice large guild with fun people, and Masanda and nwzinc are also on the server (though not in my guild).
Heh, sounds good. What's your char's name? And wasn't Laughing Skull the original GFF WoW server?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:32 PM #58 of 71
Heh, sounds good. What's your char's name? And wasn't Laughing Skull the original GFF WoW server?
Correct. You get bonus points if you remember the original guild's name (or maybe it's still floating around in one of the other threads around here )

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:54 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 09:54 PM #59 of 71
Yah it's the original GFF Server, that's why Masanda and Zinc are still around. And I think even Belgara is still there somewhere.

Name is Guru, but I've been playing my druid Lumine lately. Gotta mix it up!

How ya doing, buddy?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:00 PM #60 of 71
Correct. You get bonus points if you remember the original guild's name (or maybe it's still floating around in one of the other threads around here )
Xelium Highguard or something like that? :P I was a member on my first character rolled, Alania. But I got sucked in playing on Thunderhorn that I neglected her and ended up getting removed.

I'm trying to do a DPS spec for my warrior for PVE/PVP type stuff. I'm afraid to go to the warrior forums, because I know that they'll show no mercy when it comes to people not speccing how THEY spec. (or lol DPS warrior) I went this way, and I know it's a huge mess. :|

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Any suggestions would be helpful. ;_; (and yes I know there's a general WoW thread, I just figured I'd ask in here since this one seems to be posted in more.)

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:23 PM #61 of 71
Xelium Highguard or something like that? :P I was a member on my first character rolled, Alania. But I got sucked in playing on Thunderhorn that I neglected her and ended up getting removed.
Yep that's it! Heh, feels like such a long time ago. You win the bonus round!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:50 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 12:50 AM #62 of 71
I'll probably make a huntard or something super easy to level with, because I'm leveling a pally on my main's server and its quite mind-numbing. I'll be sure to hit you up when I see you online, Guru =)

And dagget, are you planning on PvPing or PvEing with your warrior more? If you plan to do both, then you'll need a 2h mortal strike spec, which can do decent damage (with a decent weapon). My warrior currently is using this build and does just fine in both environments. Otherwise, dual wield fury is the way to go, something along the lines of this would work.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:08 PM #63 of 71
Well I used to be Arms/Fury when I started the game, then I went tank for just about 2 years. I'm actually not doing too bad with what I have now, I'm getting praised for my BG tactics. Hell I was tanking Van with nothing in Protection the last AV I did and people were shocked how well I could hold aggro on him and not being Prot.

Shame horde usually play like retards now in AV. :| Getting yelled at for stopping and trying to take SH really blows.

FELIPE NO
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 04:09 PM #64 of 71
dagget,

Wasn't Arms/Fury the ONLY way to tank in a 5-15man back in the day? I remember we had one prot warrior as dead weight in UBRS simply because we couldn't fill up the group. I forget what the mechanic was, but I seem to remember that I'd pull aggro off of a prot warrior pretty easily being a mage, but the arms/fury warrior can keep spanking shit forever so long as he had heals. The only thing good about the prot warrior was that the healer didn't have to strain so much to keep 'em alive because he wouldn't take much hits.

Correct me if I remember wrong.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:42 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 04:42 PM #65 of 71
For PVE, you want dual wield fury, with around 90-ish hit rating and this spec:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The reason there's only one point in Improved Whirlwind is that it lets you set up a nice attack rotation where Bloodthirst and Whirlwind are always able to be used the moment they're off their cooldowns (in an ideal situation), and putting 2/2 or 0/2 messes that up.

For PVP, it's definitely MS or bust.

The thing is, though, that there are a lot of different PVP specs. There's 33/28/0, 33/25/0, 41/20/0 (at least in the next patch), 31/X/21, etc., etc.

All of 'em have one thing in common, though. You NEED Mortal Strike, you NEED a good 2-hander, preferably a mace, and you NEED Second Wind. Blood Frenzy is actually more of a PVE talent. Get a warrior with 33/28/0 Blood Frenzy in a melee group with an enhancement shaman dropping Windfury, and it can be a beautiful thing.

Srsly though, try something new out. There's a shaman who's running 29/32/0 as a hybrid Elemental/Enhancement offhanding the Maelstrom's Fury (the only one-hand caster weapon in the game at the moment, unfortunately fixed in 2.4 and replaced with a blue mace with less +damage from revered rep) and stacking melee buffs, and she can hit around 2,500 +damage and 8.5K CL crits (granted, in the clip she showed that, she was running with 'serking in a BG and crit a pet, but she ALSO had almost no buffs up).

And it's all thanks to Mental Quickness giving 30% of your AP as +damage. She is a burst MACHINE. 2K burst in melee (from DAGGERS), and that burst also gives a 20% nature debuff. It's insane.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:03 AM #66 of 71
lol, I'm still GM of XH. The guild's as dead as ever.

I don't really play anymore, though. I got bored with it. It's just so... stupid now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:36 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2008, 06:36 PM #67 of 71

Shame horde usually play like retards now in AV. :| Getting yelled at for stopping and trying to take SH really blows.
Wow, what battlegroup do you play in? I'm on shadowburn and Alliance literally just rolls over and plays dead until the Horde come and actually kill us. AV weekends are just a complete waste of time as my BG's alliance simply forgot how to play.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:18 AM #68 of 71
I play on Vindication Battlegroup. Horde usually completely owns EotS and AB on that one. We used to win in AV right after 2.0 patch came out, but after 2.3.. horde had been losing like crazy. It doesn't help either we get fucktards from Gorefiend that like to shout at people not doing what their realm says.

I don't like the way AV is set up anyway, alliance have a straight shot at Drek. They can get to him and the game is over in like 5-10 minutes. The only chokepoint for alliance is Iceblood but even then, they just bypass all that and pop the relief station within 3 minutes of the game. Horde have that HORRRIBLE bottleneck at Stormpike because the only way to the keep is cross that bridge....

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft GFF Community Guild - Aperture Science