Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Walking Dead Discussion Comic/TV show

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:42 PM #1 of 6
The Walking Dead Discussion Comic/TV show

I've been a fan of the comic and just recently I hopped on the bandwagon for the tv show (Netflix finally put season 2 online so I decided that there's enough episodes to make me want to watch).

We're going to discuss some "spoilers" so I ask we use the spoiler tags in order to not ruin things for everyone else but I figure we can discuss aspect we like of the series. Compare the comic to the TV show and some of the changes we might like or dislike.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:25 PM #2 of 6
I've not read the comic but I've read the (ugh) Wikipedia to compare the series to the source material. I'm not entirely sold on the show, to be honest, but its sort of fun.

How ya doing, buddy?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:26 PM #3 of 6
Well the comic and the tv show have some stuff in common but they've actually got alot of things that are different. Kirkman did it on purpose so people wouldn't bitch about "OHHHH IT DIDN'T HAPPEN EXACTLY LIKE IN THE COMICS!"

You should check it out but be warned, the tv show progresses really slowly

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:57 AM Local time: Oct 30, 2012, 11:57 PM #4 of 6
I've got a question about last episode (S03 E03)

Spoiler:

The very last scene, where The Governor is contemplating the severed heads. Does the character have this particular trait in the comic book series or is it only for the TV Show. If yes, does it have anything to with the overall plot?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:29 AM #5 of 6
I've got a question about last episode (S03 E03)

Spoiler:

The very last scene, where The Governor is contemplating the severed heads. Does the character have this particular trait in the comic book series or is it only for the TV Show. If yes, does it have anything to with the overall plot?
Spoiler:
Yeah, the Governor has a head tank room in the comics too. I don't remember it serving any purpose other than being disturbing. It seems a little out of place in the show in comparison since he comes across as considerably nicer and less insane. Hell, the fact that there was a woman in his bed when he got home was a big change. In the comic he lived alone with his zombie daughter who he kept chained up and later toothless. Basically all the events in Woodbury have been different so far because it was Rick, Glenn, and Michonne who went there in the comic. It was also a TV news helicopter instead of the National Guard.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:56 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2012, 07:56 PM #6 of 6
Thanks for the clarification. I remember reading a few issues and it was fun to compare the tv series with the original source. I haven't read the Governor's story arc so I better catch up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Walking Dead Discussion Comic/TV show