Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

NAACP should be relegated to the Trash Heap of History

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:36 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 01:36 PM #1 of 21
NAACP should be relegated to the Trash Heap of History

Story with audio
Quote:
The NAACP has approved a resolution condemning what it calls "racist elements" within the Tea Party. The vote has sparked a war of words between the two groups, and NAACP leaders hope the move will help fire up its membership with midterm elections approaching.

The fray began when NAACP President Benjamin Jealous issued a challenge to the Tea Party:

"You must expel the bigots and racists in your ranks or take full responsibility for all of their actions."

Delegates at the convention unanimously approved a resolution echoing Jealous' words Tuesday night. It said that while the group believed in freedom of assembly and people raising their voices in democracy, the Tea Party should repudiate bigoted statements, images and any racist leaders.

"I don't recall the NAACP speaking out when George Bush was portrayed as Curious George or as The Joker," said Mark Williams, a national spokesman for the Tea Party Express.

"I don't recall the NAACP ever standing up and saying we need to civilize discourse when Republicans were in the White House," Williams added.

A number of Tea Party leaders say they don't tolerate racist displays.

Williams contends that it's actually the NAACP that's being bigoted.

"You're dealing with people who are professional race-baiters, who make a very good living off this kind of thing. They make more money off of race than any slave trader ever. It's time groups like the NAACP went to the trash heap of history where they belong with all the other vile racist groups that emerged in our history," Williams said.

Charges of racism against the Tea Party flared after African-American congressmen said they were heckled, spat at and were assailed with racial slurs by Tea Party supporters during a demonstration at the U.S. Capitol.

People in the Tea Party movement have been holding rallies for more than a year now calling for limited government and protesting the Obama administration.

"We've been leaving the president hanging," said Jamal Simmons, a Washington, D.C.-based Democratic strategist. "The president's been out there pushing these real solid policies: health care, jobs, stimulus, education reform. Those of us who consider ourselves to be his allies haven't been doing our part in being out there and pushing hard enough against his opponents. Explaining why we're for what the president is doing while they're saying what they're against."

Polls show that black Americans still overwhelmingly support the president with approval ratings of about 90 percent. But many in 2008 were considered Obama voters who don't regularly show up to vote. So the resolution is part of a strategy to motivate potential voters to come out and vote in November.

And so is an upcoming march in Washington that NAACP's Jealous rallied the troops for as the organization gets ready for the midterm elections.

"The NAACP along with its allies and partners will show America that a solid majority of this nation is ready, willing and able to fight back to ensure that all the change we voted for is made a reality for all of our children," Jealous said.

Madeline Taylor of Memphis, Tenn., said she's glad Jealous decided to take on the Tea Party. She's not perturbed that a Tea Party activist accused the NAACP of being racist.

"We're always accused of being racist when we stand up and speak for ourselves," Taylor said.

The Tea Party resolution will go to the NAACP's national board of directors for a full vote in the fall.
AT LAST! RAHOWA IS UPON US!

Additional Spam:
YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
NAACP Resolution: Colored People change minds about emancipation

Astonishing.

In every one of the dozens of interviews that I have done regarding the anti-Tea Party resolution passed by the NAACP I have brought up the absurdity of a group that calls blacks "Colored People" hurling charges of racism. Whats more, each interviewer has defended that phrase and expressed surprise that I would consider that phrase to be racist!

Apparently Colored People are an entirely new race of people and one to which the title applies. Here NAACP President Precious Ben Jealous explains to President Abraham Lincoln the reasons for the resolution in this newly discovered letter :

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Colored People have taken a vote and decided that we don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the 'tea party movement'.

The tea party position to "end the bailouts" for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn't that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of "reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government." What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government "stop the out of control spending." Again, they directly target Colored People. That means we Colored People would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government "stop raising our taxes." That is outrageous! How will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom's Nephew National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Head Colored Person

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Bradylama; Jul 16, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:17 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 01:17 PM #2 of 21
Brady, do you ever have an opinion that isn't "This crazy group of people is arguing with this other crazy group of people. I've picked a side so the other side is just WRONG."

NAACP and Tea Party? Like they aren't two extreme cases, both of which are pretty much wholly corrupted by crazy. If you really believe the tea party is about not raising taxes, maybe you should read up on how many of them actually know what the taxes are at under a given president. Straw men everywhere, Brady.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:23 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:23 PM #3 of 21
Man, are you not siding with the NAACP over a guy who signed a fake letter as Head Colored Person?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:26 PM 4 #4 of 21
You have to remember that Deni is Canadian, and as such his knowledge of Colored People lies somewhere in the area between "rumor" and "urban legend".

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:30 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 01:30 PM 1 #5 of 21
We have a basketball team, we know what they look like.

Also, Brady, you pretty much proved my point here. I'm not saying it's one or the other. I believe the NAACP is right about the tea party. I also believe the NAACP is overzealous, often, though not necessarily in this case.

My criticism is of you and your black or white mentality (pun not really intended but I'll take credit) on issues. Just because one person is stupid doesn't mean we have to give his slightly less stupid friend a hat and make him king of all reason.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:30 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:30 PM #6 of 21
I guess he never read this growing up.

Additional Spam:
My criticism is of you and your black or white mentality (pun not really intended but I'll take credit) on issues. Just because one person is stupid doesn't mean we have to give his slightly less stupid friend a hat and make him king of all reason.
Oh gee I guess you're right. Maybe there is some kind of middle ground to be taken on occupying settlers, systemic racism, and tea party crackers.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Bradylama; Jul 16, 2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:36 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 01:36 PM #7 of 21
You're right, brady. Your anti-israel propaganda is so much less crass and insulting than voice of reason's idiotic pro-israel propaganda. Every story has someone who is right and someone who is wrong. There's no way both Israel and Palestine could be handling things poorly.

You'll never hear me defend the Tea Party or any organisation that wants an idiot like Sarah Palin in the white house, so I agree with you on this one. However, doesn't change the fact that you happen to be a mirror image of everything you seem to hate.

FELIPE NO

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:37 PM 1 #8 of 21
Oh gee I guess you're right. Maybe there is some kind of middle ground to be taken on occupying settlers, systemic racism, and tea party crackers.
All the melodramatic language in the world doesn't disguise the fact that demonizing the opposition is counterproductive to achieving real progress.

Additional Spam:
55 pages

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by The unmovable stubborn; Jul 16, 2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:39 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:39 PM #9 of 21
I don't have to demonize Israeli settlers, they do a good enough job of making themselves look like monsters.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:41 PM #10 of 21
What with their huge noses and their demon horns

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:43 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:43 PM #11 of 21
man Israeli settlers routinely harass and murder Palestinians under the armed protection of the IDF, this isn't some kind of PLO propaganda mill this is documented fact
YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:44 PM #12 of 21
It's kind of Brady's Pet Issue yeah

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:46 PM 1 #13 of 21
Extremists or not, the NAACP has a shitton more cred than Teabaggers. Picking a fight with the NAACP isn't like taking a shot at the Black Panthers. They're going to lose a lot of ground on their goal of legitimacy after this.
Originally Posted by Mark Williams
You're dealing with people who are professional race-baiters, who make a very good living off this kind of thing. They make more money off of race than any slave trader ever.
Oh my goddddddd

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:47 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:47 PM #14 of 21
I'M SORRY OKAY!? YOU PROVOKED ME IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! I'M SETTLING THIS THREAD!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:49 PM #15 of 21
*fires rockets randomly in Brady's general direction, killing off several innocent passers-by and demolishing a school while not actually doing anything to discourage Brady's aggression*

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:51 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:51 PM #16 of 21
*bulldozes Pangalin's posts, bides time, wrings hands*

oops i dropped a penny

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:51 PM 4 #17 of 21
You guys are such fags

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:56 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2010, 02:56 PM #18 of 21
You guys are such fags
- Head Colored Person

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > NAACP should be relegated to the Trash Heap of History