Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:25 PM #351 of 595
First hour was terrific, second hour was decent. I just wanted to address this for you fellow Losties:

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who still finds it COMPLETELY FUCKING RIDICULOUS that Juliet survived the fall down the mine shaft last season?

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:45 PM 1 #352 of 595
Dude. I kick myself in the ass every time I watch an episode. I should have never gotten sucked into this show. It disappoints me every time.

Spoiler:
FUCK Juliet. Bitch should have never survived.

Also, now not only do we have to do with survivors on the fucking island AFTER AN H-BOMB, we have to deal with a PARALLEL UNIVERSE where everyone never even ended up on the goddamn island (at which point I throw my hands up in the air and want tio punch a bitch.)

BUT WAIT! IT GETS BETTER!

Not only do we now have parallel universes, THREE LOCKE BODIES ON THE PLANET AT ONCE (what the fuck), and a Juliet that NEVER DIES until Sawyer touches her, JOHN LENNON AND A JAPANESE SAMURAI (or some shit) SHOW UP IN A MAYAN TEMPLE WITH THE FOUNTAIN OF FUCKING YOUTH IN THE HOUSES OF HEALING!

what. the. fuck.

this show.

Most amazing jew boots
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:27 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 12:27 AM #353 of 595
Good show.

I thought I finally went deaf when
Spoiler:
you see her waking up in the jungle at the beginning

I really like this beginning. This is gonna be a great final season!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 07:00 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2010, 07:00 PM #354 of 595
Extremely disappointing. The show is sometimes amazing and other times is just so disappointing with the shit they throw in some episodes just to drag us along. I like how they answered almost nothing these two episodes. The whole others temple thing was total garbage. In general, the whole episode I was saying fuck these airplane scenes, get me back to the island. In contrast, I didn't have a problem with the flash scenes in earlier seasons.

However, at least its not Heroes, which is the most fucked up show ever in terms of quality. Season 1 godly, becomes crap, becomes good, becomes crap, good, great, crap, three episodes later.. good. Now back to crap.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 08:27 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 03:27 AM #355 of 595
Woah, I got answers to all the things that got me intrigued me in season 5, all in the first two episodes. This season will kill. KILL!

Awesome stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 09:55 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2010, 08:55 PM #356 of 595
Well...

Spoiler:

It was a very cool episode, lived up to the hype in my opinion. I do like the new characters (Lennon and the asian guy). Everything worked fine for me. I wish Juliet had a chance but then it's good to see James very pissed off. When he made Miles communicate with Juliet was awesome, just love the way he pushed him to the ground.

However it was kind of weird that Ben didn't have much screen time or having him had more significance for that matter. Other than that, I was really excited when Claire was in the same taxi as Kate, it caught me off guard and I just love it.

The cliffhanger is good too, definitely an episode that I'll be watching a lot until the new one comes up.

By the way yes, quit fagging up this thread. JJ Abrams hasn't been directly involved in the show since season one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 04:34 AM 3 #357 of 595
Can someone please explain to me what J.J. Abrams has done to piss so many few of you off? I swear, I've never encountered people who hate being entertained as much as you guys.

Now quit fagging up our thread.
It's because he ruined the masterpiece of social commentary that is Star Trek, which has never been and never should be about lasers pew pew pew. smokes pipe Furthermore,

Anyway. I enjoyed the premiere. Some observations:

Spoiler:
The point of divergence in the two timelines clearly isn't the plane crash, as I had previously predicted. Lots of things are different to the first time around. Hurley's in coach, Jack's in row 24 instead of 23, Boone's alone, Desmond is... Desmond, and Charlie is choking on a bag of smack instead of overdosing. On top of that, the actors all look a lot older and have bad hair. More importantly, the island is underwater. Hrmmmmm.

Glad to see some solid confirmation that smokey, Locke's impostor and the man in black are all one and the same. Lots of stuff resolved regarding him — the ring of ash around Jacob's cabin back in S3 is, in fact, a barrier against him, judging from what the dudes inside the statue and the temple were doing. Also, the judo bullshit he pulled on Richard was pretty unexpected and kind of awesome.

Lost has always done a pretty good job of working new characters in — Lennon and Japanese guy are both kickass. The whole thing with the temple still has me a little uneasy, though; I can't really bring myself to accept that the losties were on the island for two months and didn't even stumble across the walls of the damn thing. Hum.

THIS FUCKING SHOW. Kind of glad it's finally coming to a close, honestly. Shit, so far we've already had some HUGE answers and we've only seen an hour and a bit of the season that should (hopefully) clear up everything.

It'd be nice to know some more stuff about Libby while we're at it, seeing as we've been cock-teased about her since S2, and aside from her brief maybe-a-hallucination appearances in that one episode of S4, we've seen neither hide nor hair of her and we know fuck-all about where she comes from. Kind of a pedantic loose end to dwell on, but still.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:46 PM #358 of 595
Spoiler:
I can't really bring myself to accept that the losties were on the island for two months and didn't even stumble across the walls of the damn thing. Hum.
I've asked myself that same question numerous times.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:50 PM #359 of 595
I forgot how much fun watching Sawyer pout and Kate look sympathetic could be.

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:00 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 02:00 PM 5 #360 of 595

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:11 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2010, 12:11 AM #361 of 595
I'm actually really, really annoyed by the regular Lost fan too. I don't know why.

Maybe I watch the show for a different reason, since I don't see these conspiracies and confusion in the "plot" at all. It's a pretty straightforward, simple and boring story, but so entertaining.

I'm also annoyed by The Wire fans, I don't know why. I'll start watching the series soon, so I don't know what to expect.

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:52 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 10:52 PM #362 of 595
The only people I know right now who watch Lost are just a bunch of guys who pay attention to the show and talk about what things could mean. Nothing more, nothing less.

Only dealings I've had with obnoxious fans were years ago, back during the first season, when I had zero interest in the series and everyone I knew who watched it paid more attention to OMG BOONE IS SO HOT than anything else. As soon as they killed off all the stupid sex appeal characters and actually focused on the sci-fi elements, all of those people stopped paying attention to the show and declared it boring. Whaddayaknow.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:04 AM Local time: Feb 5, 2010, 02:04 AM #363 of 595
That clip was brought to mind only because recently I was that guy. Myself along with another co-worker were discussing the premier being only a day away when somebody listening in chimed, "Lost? That show blows." What followed was a series of plot points and quizzical expressions.

"All the women die before they can carry to term."
"John Locke isn't really John Locke."
"Oh yeah, there's time travel."

"How long can you have these people marooned on an island?"
"Oh, they were rescued."
"Well then what's the show about?"
"Oh, they went back."
"...Why?"
"Uh, that's not really clear yet. You really want us to shut up now, don't you?"

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; Feb 5, 2010 at 05:10 AM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:10 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2010, 06:10 PM 4 #364 of 595

How ya doing, buddy?
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:35 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2010, 01:35 AM 9 #365 of 595

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:36 AM 1 #366 of 595
Soooo yea

I'm pretty sure that was the fountain of youth there. Turns out that the guy with glasses? The one who looks like Lennon? His name is Lennon. I thought that was kinda dumb. Not very peaceful of him to kill Sayid like that.

Also, how many of you guys called Sayid coming back from the dead?

So many zombies, man.

Meanwhile, I'm left wondering about Christian Shepard's role in this whole mess. Also, Claire. Where did she disappear to?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:39 AM #367 of 595
Meanwhile, I'm left wondering about Christian Shepard's role in this whole mess. Also, Claire. Where did she disappear to?
Man in Black possessed Locke's body, correct?

Locke came to the island in a coffin, correct?

Christian Shepard came to the island in a coffin, too.

Not sure what it all *means*, but I think we can pretty much conclude that the Man in Black was controlling Christian's body since the very beginning.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:41 AM #368 of 595
Not sure what it all *means*, but I think we can pretty much conclude that the Man in Black was controlling Christian's body since the very beginning.
So if this is true, Christian Shepard becomes null and void as a living character?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:43 AM #369 of 595
So if this is true, Christian Shepard becomes null and void as a living character?
Correct.

I can't figure out why he was being possessed but all signs point to it being the case. You'll notice that back in season 5, when Christian leads Sun and Lapidus to the Dharma 'hood, he tells them that Locke is coming. Then, when Locke arrives, Christian is nowhere to be found. Spooooooky!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:58 AM #370 of 595
That doesn't explain why Christian's body disappears and Locke's doesn't.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:40 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2010, 01:40 AM #371 of 595
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we have ever seen Christian's coffin on the island, the only thing we see are his white sneakers hanging on a tree on the very pilot episode, perhaps it was to imply that he was disappeared from the beginning.

Also, when Ilana takes Locke's body to the base of the statue we see that she and her group carry a really big box, much bigger than a coffin, perhaps to keep Locke's body from disappearing? I mean, who knows.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:59 AM #372 of 595
S01E05, Christian's coffin is found empty by Jack near the caves.

So unless Locke is REALLY special somehow there's no reason his body shouldn't have gone poof from his coffin (which, coincidentally, hasn't been shown since the Ajira flight crashed).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:08 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2010, 10:08 AM 1 #373 of 595
The empty coffin was shown in season 1.

EDIT: Oh, I was beaten.

Might as well write something else here. Christian isn't a very integral part of the story in my opinion. And I think he's Claire's father. And he's also that Lennon guy.

I am waiting for the second the doppelgaengers of everyone meet. Would make for a hilarious sitcom if we found Jack wooing the wrong Kate. Or himself trying to be a bigger cock than himself - who will win the manliness contest? And who will be left sobbing in the rain with the ugliest grey t-shirt on.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:14 AM #374 of 595
That doesn't explain why Christian's body disappears and Locke's doesn't.
Didn't even think of this!

No doppelganger for Christian. Doppelganger for Locke.

Does the fact that three Lockes are in existence at the same point in time freak anyone else out? When I said I wanted to see more of Locke, I didn't mean, like, MULTIPLE LOCKES.

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:23 AM #375 of 595
I wouldn't count the flash-sideways Locke. It's a separate reality until they demonstrate otherwise. (I mean, the island in the alternate reality was under water. I didn't see anyone in the current reality breathing water.)

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]