Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 03:21 PM #126 of 1372
Thanks for the help, Miles. And doubly thanks to Cobalt Katze for pointing out a much easier method for adding cut-ins during chat. I can certainly make it on at 10pm est (universe 16 right?), if that's okay.

Quote:
This is just the PS2 version. I experience no lag when playing on my PC. I don't think there's any real way to fix it unless you played the game on a PC. If your PC is good enough you could download it and play with lag free battles.
I don't have a PC graphics card, and I mostly prefer to play the bulk of my games on my TV. I'm hoping the slowdown isn't commonplace in every area, because it was pretty horrible where I last battled.

Quote:
Not sure about this one. Normally I hit R2 twice to switch to party chat. I don't recall it going back to normal chat for me. I'll have to read the manual to see if there are other methods.
Well actually, what I meant to say is that in order to continue to use party chat, I have to keep the party chat log open (keeping all previous conversations saved). This takes up an annoying amount of space, so I was wondering if there's a way to keep party chat going without the log sticking out.

Quote:
I usually guess by how long the mission has been played. If it's 5 minutes into the mission it's fairly easy to catch up. Ifr the party is 30 minutes into it I assume they're close to the end or done. Sometimes I still join anyway just in case they plan on doing another run.
I've tried to judge it based on time, but usually the party is 2 or 3 blocks ahead of me, even if it's only been 30-60 seconds. I guess I have to do a better job of judging the distance by the time.

Quote:
You take them to a shop and use grinders.
I tried that, going to a shop with one grinder (said to upgrade level C weapons), but the item didn't read up when I talked to the NPC. Maybe I need more than one?

Quote:
I get really annoyed when we can't get an S-rank because some moron runs into a group of hard enemies by himself without waiting for everyone else.
I've been there. Most of the people I join missions with don't say a damn word and just keep charging thru the areas like they're on ADD.

Three more questions.

1. Is there a way to make a Universe your "default" universe? I hate logging into an empty server, even if it takes less than a minute to log to a different one.

2. Do you always end up in the first floor of the space station no matter where you log out?

3. Are the other planets/areas inaccessible because I have to move ahead in rank, or does Sega need to open them later via updates?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:44 PM #127 of 1372
So where exactly is the Parum Juice Stand? I haven't gotten online yet, so I have no clue. My money's put in the bank, so hopefully it'll hit in time to meet up with you guys.

FELIPE NO
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 04:57 PM #128 of 1372
I'm just assuming this is the Parum Juice Stand, which is located on planet Parum (obviously) in the Holtes City: West District.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Lacerta; Oct 27, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 03:00 PM #129 of 1372
That's it See you guys there at 10est.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 06:16 PM #130 of 1372
Damnit, someone buy my Hunter's License. I don't think my money's gonna hit the bank fast enough!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:34 PM #131 of 1372
damn... i think im too late.. should've checked the forum earlier hehe

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:00 PM #132 of 1372
here's I just got into online play ^^

Inhert
Character Name: Ardjet
Race: Cast
Battle Type: I'm not sure but I'm going for melee weapon even if cast are better in range weapon
Game Version: PC version

I'm still not sure if I'll keep this character ( I'm not sure if I want to play a girl or a boy, I don't really like male cast model... I may change for a human or other race when I'll know the game better...

well I didn't make it in time for the reunion XD but maybe another time ^^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:15 AM #133 of 1372
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I had my first real mission today in Parum, joining a six man group in an area with lvl 16 enemies and a boss. It was pretty intense, but definetely fun. I was quite underleveled, but still contributed nicely, and leveled up twice (lvl 7 now).

Some new comments and questions.

1. The game suffered serious slowdown when the area crowded with enemies and six party members. Any chance an update could fix this later on?

2. I also dislike the lag in having characters appear (they start of as greyish dolls that later materialize after 10 seconds or so). Can an update fix this too?

3. Is there a way to keep Party Chat on after each text entry? I would switch it to party chat, say something, but then it's back to Public Chat after.

4. When making chat macros, can you save the cut-in feature for each macro (ie. always have an angry expression when bringing up a saved sentence)?

5. When joining a mission already in progress, is there a way to find out how far ahead the group is before joining the mission? I hate having to catch up, then have the mission end before I even get to attack anything.

6. When synthesizing materials, does the PM's stats/rank increase with each successful synthesis?

7. Do synthesis boards dissapear after being used once, or can they be used repeatedly?

8. What's a good way to make money (one person told me to get high ranks in the missions)?

9. What is the purpose of mission poitns?

10. How do you upgrade weapons? Do you go the upgrade shop or can you upgrade yourself via synthesis?

11. How do you open the shortcut for items (healing items, etc)?

12. I purchased a technic, and then "learned" it. Is that all I need to do, or do I have to equip it to something?

That's it for now. Sorry for all the questions, but the manual isn't very concise and I don't know the best community for this game yet.

I hope we can arrange a get-together soon. I'm enjoying the game now, but I know it would be a lot more fun to go dungeon-hunting with regulars.
For #3: If you're on the PC version. You can just press F12 2 times. The problem with this though, is that the chat log gets in your way.

For #5: Aside from what miles said, you can also check the checkpoint once you go inside the mission. If the party has been activating them, then you should be able to take a good guess at where they are.

For #10: Also aside form what miles said, the weapno has to be of the same manufacturer to upgrade it at those shops. Remember to carry a grinder too!

Is anyone gonna be on tommorow? I haven't been able to play much lately due to school/work, but i'm free tommorow. Perhaps we can set up another party meet up time for the people that missed out
today.

EDIT: Dammit, I didn't notice tha there was a page 6 before posting this. Sorry!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Manny Biggz; Oct 28, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:18 AM #134 of 1372
I had a blast tonight. It was nice meeting you all. Feel free to contact me when I'm on again.

Last edited by Kalekkan; Oct 28, 2006 at 12:45 AM.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 09:21 PM #135 of 1372
It was fun stuff, you're a good crowd to game with GFF.

Got me up from 2 to 8

FELIPE NO

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:21 AM #136 of 1372
Indeed, that was awesome. Anyone can feel free to give me a yell if you need a teammate.

Haha Uzuki I was having a heart attack watching you. I was always nearly shouting "NO WATCH OUT DD:" especially with those stupid self-destructing robots.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 10:01 PM #137 of 1372
Quote:
Is anyone gonna be on tommorow? I haven't been able to play much lately due to school/work, but i'm free tommorow. Perhaps we can set up another party meet up time for the people that missed out today.
This would be good for anyone who missed out. Let's keep the same location (Parum Juice Stand, Uni 16). It could be during the day it being a weekend, or would a evening hour work better for everybody? I'd suggest 5 pm eastern/2 pm pacific.

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:04 AM #138 of 1372
Unfortunately, my money didn't hit the bank in time to meet up with you guys. At this point, it'll hit 1:30 or so in the morning (Sat, PST), so hopefully you guys will still want to meet up. Hope to see someone online tomorrow.

(this is BIGWORM, btw)

How ya doing, buddy?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:11 AM #139 of 1372
Is 12 PM EST too early for anyone? I'll be on the game as Frosty Buns now. I'll make a GFF room in Parum Universe 17 for anyone who wants to trade cards real quick.

Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 10:30 PM #140 of 1372
Uhhhggg, noon eastern is 9 am for me. I don't want to have to wake up at nine on a Saturday just to attend, although, I was at the meet tonight and already collected quite a few cards (never got yours, Taco!) so don't let me put a wrench in whatever plans work best for the rest of you.

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; Oct 28, 2006 at 01:35 AM.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:45 AM #141 of 1372
Is there any chance we can get another meet set in stone so we know when? Obviously the "where" has already been established.

Most amazing jew boots
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:22 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 01:22 AM #142 of 1372
Dammit, I really, really wanna play the game.

I'm tempted to just buy the PC version and fuck with the .ini file and see if it'll run in my resolution, and I suppose I could play boxed if I must.

I'm sure I'll get a cheaper price soon though, since PC games drop really fucking fast (Sometimes. Depends on the game.)

Plus, FFXII and Gears of War are out soon, and I'm spending enough with them.

Damn my impulses.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 02:10 AM #143 of 1372
We were doing multiple dragon runs 10 minutes each with our party. Gotta love the constant flow of money and EXP there. Dragon tried to light me on fire. =D

And then of course during the GFF meet we spammed in the city:

And then I came across this line from an NPC while playing the offline game. Silly Sega!

FELIPE NO
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:22 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 02:22 AM #144 of 1372
I see me!

Here's another view of the get together...

Also, unrelated, fought a GIANT ROBOT NINJA Crazy.

Most amazing jew boots
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:15 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 03:15 AM #145 of 1372
Okay, SET IN STONE, 5pm EST, 2pm PAC. You know the place.

Double Post:
This is driving me crazy. For the life of me, I do not know how to aquire new magic and I am hurting for the Res spell.

Are these random drops like in PSO or what?

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; Oct 28, 2006 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 08:46 AM #146 of 1372
You gotta wait for them to unlock more planets for the rest of the technics/photon arts. It really blows, but just gotta be patient with them. >:|

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:05 AM #147 of 1372
Dang Miles, I musta just missed you. I went to bed at 2am my time and you weren't on. Also what mission is that crazy robot thing? I haven't done that one yet

Anyway I'll be on most of today barring anything coming up, so drop me a line if you need somebody. I'm currently lvl 15 RAcast.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:14 AM #148 of 1372
Hey Sailer, i'm on now too. Can team up if ya want.

Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Dammit, I really, really wanna play the game.

I'm tempted to just buy the PC version and fuck with the .ini file and see if it'll run in my resolution, and I suppose I could play boxed if I must.

I'm sure I'll get a cheaper price soon though, since PC games drop really fucking fast (Sometimes. Depends on the game.)

Plus, FFXII and Gears of War are out soon, and I'm spending enough with them.

Damn my impulses.

The game require no CD key, so you can just find the ISO, mount it, and buy a hunters license, and you're good to go!

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:22 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 08:22 AM #149 of 1372
I finally got the game last night for PC, but I can't buy a Hunter's Liscense yet. Their servers must be getting raped by all the new subscribers. Is the name policy the same as PSO, where two or more people can have the same name?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:23 AM #150 of 1372
Originally Posted by Guest
I finally got the game last night for PC, but I can't buy a Hunter's Liscense yet. Their servers must be getting raped by all the new subscribers. Is the name policy the same as PSO, where two or more people can have the same name?
Yeah, I believe so.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe