Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Black Plastic Piece in Mini USB port has fallen out

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2014, 02:15 PM #1 of 6
Black Plastic Piece in Mini USB port has fallen out

So, I'm not sure if there's anything I can really do here but the black plastic piece in a mini usb port has fallen out. It can go back in but there's nothing really holding it in place so as soon as gravity takes effect it falls back out.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now I can still hook my cable in and it works, my fear is the pins are now more likely to get bent or broken in the process of the plug in or pull out.

Anyone ever have this happen or were you able to fix this somehow?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:55 PM #2 of 6
Really your own recourse is to pop the device open (what is it, btw?) and solder in a replacement USB jack. They are fairly cheap and can be sourced from electronic suppliers like mouser or digikey, though you'll have to sort through like 200 different versions to get the right part.
Probably the biggest challenge is going to be desoldering the old connector, as it looks to be surface mount, and those are a pain to rework.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2014, 09:37 AM #3 of 6
Yeah, I was afraid of that. It's my modded 3DS XL where it outputs video via USB.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:43 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2014, 09:43 AM #4 of 6
There's a mod for the XL that does that? I was only aware of the one that did it for the OG model.

Links?

Most amazing jew boots
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:31 PM #5 of 6
3DS,3DS XL,PSvita video capture kit on sale!

You can either order the kit itself or get a new 3ds xl pre-modded with it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:13 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2014, 08:13 AM #6 of 6
Just a touch of superglue on the top where it's going to make contact with the metal? Superglue sets with pressure, so slide it in really carefully (with hardly any on it) and apply pressure with something like the tip of screwdriver. Hold pressure for ~30 seconds. Let it sit for an hour or so before trying it out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Black Plastic Piece in Mini USB port has fallen out