Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] The Game Review Thread - No Posts By Skills Because He Never Finishes His 10000 Games

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2015, 04:42 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2015, 10:42 PM #101 of 102
I got home from work at a reasonable hour today and finaly hit 100% on Shadows of Mordor which is an incredible game. It starts slow but once you start unlocking skills and can slaughter hundreds of Uruks at a time, the combat is just so satisfying you can easily spend hours just getting into fights for laughs.

Another game following the modern convention of putting collectibles on the map so you can get them without needing a guide which is a good thing. You don't really gain anything other than experience for finding things though which is a shame, would be nice to get special abilities for finding all the collectibles. Like many games of this style too, if yoiu take the time to unlock everything before finishing the story, the last few missions are laughably easy.

Not quite got all the trophies, I'm missing a few relating to specific ways of killing captains and one about caragor riding I won't bother with. Most of them come naturally with game play though.

I bought the season pass this game is so good so I'll do the dlc next. Really can't recommend this game enough.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:55 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2015, 06:55 PM #102 of 102
Lol, posting.

Anyway, over the last couple of days I finished Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux. They're essentially corridor shooters with not much ammo (If you play survival mode, there's also a Spartan mode which is more run and gun). The shooty bits are pretty average but the sneaking about bits, especially in the second one are a lot of fun with the real challenge being getting through without killing anyone. I had being playing MGS4 before that which seems to have abandoned stealth altogether in favour of being Ghost Recon so to play an actual stealthing about the joint game was refreshing. The survival elements are limited to having enough air filters for your gas mask when you're above ground but it only really becomes an issue on the really long above ground sequences near the end of each game and only then if you piss about looking for secrets rather than cracking on. There are a couple of annoying bits though. Possibly as a tribute to Halo, the library level in the first one is annoying as fuck (If the monsters come near you, look at them and they won't attack, except you'll run out of air standing still, and they'll attack you anyway) and the bit where you get caught in a hilarious cross-fire towards the end of the second was a pain in the dick but only because I had about 45 seconds of air left when I got to it.

Lots of achievements for finishing levels without being spotted or killing anyone that I can't be bothered to get, one or two finding all the stuff ones and a few slightly situational fun ones.

Given you can get the complete set with all the DLC (Which is kinda fun too) for £15 or so on PSN it's very little expense for a decent couple of days gaming. The first game kinda follows the plot of the book a bit, certainly some of the areas are well realised and if you've read the book (And if you've not, you really should) the end will come as no surprise. I played it with Russian audio and English subtitles which I think is the right way to play it, even if you then don't understand a single word of the background NPC chatter.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Tags
popo.gif

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] The Game Review Thread - No Posts By Skills Because He Never Finishes His 10000 Games