Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Reddit

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:53 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2012, 10:53 PM #1 of 23
Reddit

So, what does GFF think of Reddit? I know it's been there for a while, but recently it gets a lot of attention in news reports and so on. I know that some of you guys are into it, do you consider yourself one of those so called redditors?

So what do you think, any good thread to read? Any particular subreddit that is worth checking?

As for myself, I started lurking on imgur and then made the move to lurk on Reddit. My favorite AMA so far is the Molly Ringwald one, and I love reading r/KarmaConspiracy

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2012, 08:07 AM 3 #2 of 23
Every time I've visited reddit it took about 90 seconds to encounter an unrepentant pedophile so I stopped visiting

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 02:04 PM 2 #3 of 23
le disgusted soul eater face when someone mentions reddit to me

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2012, 06:40 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2012, 06:40 PM 1 #4 of 23
As far as I understand it, it's a part of the sleazy underbelly of the internet that the President of the United States has been to more than I have.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:49 PM 1 #5 of 23
It's basically 4chan-Lite.

And that makes it all the more creepy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:34 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2012, 10:34 PM 1 #6 of 23
I wasn't expecting for you guys to go Full Love on the website but come on, the opinions I'd like to hear are the ones from the closeted Redditors that read this thread and somehow haven't posted yet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:56 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2012, 08:56 PM 4 #7 of 23
Well, if you weren't after what GFF generally thinks about reddit, then may I make the humble suggestion that next time you not start off asking what GFF generally thinks about reddit?

Also it's probably a bad idea all around to point out that reddit has recently been in the news when one of the most recent reasons is that a high school teacher was fired because he took photos of female students without their knowledge and posted them on a subreddit called "Creepshots."

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:02 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2012, 12:02 AM #8 of 23

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:15 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2012, 11:15 PM #9 of 23
For entertainment, I sometimes visit the meta-subreddits that tend to point out and criticize the general reddit population. It is like reading internet tabloids.

Otherwise, I tend to just spend time in r/vinyl gawking over the 140439th person showing how getting Dark Side of the Moon constitutes an "epic haul".

How ya doing, buddy?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:15 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2012, 10:15 PM 1 #10 of 23
TIL that Wikipedia exists and is a thing.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:35 AM #11 of 23
Otherwise, I tend to just spend time in r/vinyl gawking over the 140439th person showing how getting Dark Side of the Moon constitutes an "epic haul".
Inasmuch Dark Side is the only real compelling argument I've ever heard for vinyl fetishism, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of it being a win condition.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:22 AM #12 of 23
I don't mind Reddit, generally. By and large I find it a pretty funny place to waste time, but the hivemindedness can be *unbelievably* annoying, as are some of the in-jokes. r/technology is almost as bad as the comments section of Engadget, r/atheism pretty much ruined my opinion of atheists, and r/politics can be a pretty huge joke most of the time even though I'm a liberal.

I do, however, have a huge soft spot for reaction GIFs and memes, so that's where I find some giggles. I also enjoy some of the discussions that take place in TV-centric subreddits like r/breakingbad and r/gameofthrones. The smaller the subreddit, the better it typically is.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:02 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2012, 11:02 AM 1 #13 of 23
I don't mind Reddit, generally. By and large I find it a pretty funny place to waste time, but the hivemindedness can be *unbelievably* annoying, as are some of the in-jokes. r/technology is almost as bad as the comments section of Engadget, r/atheism pretty much ruined my opinion of atheists, and r/politics can be a pretty huge joke most of the time even though I'm a liberal.

I do, however, have a huge soft spot for reaction GIFs and memes, so that's where I find some giggles. I also enjoy some of the discussions that take place in TV-centric subreddits like r/breakingbad and r/gameofthrones. The smaller the subreddit, the better it typically is.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:12 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2012, 12:12 PM #14 of 23
/r/atheism is usually good for a laugh at its expense, and also played a pretty large part in me discovering my faith and meeting some pretty awesome people in the process, so thanks, smug assholes!

Also, does reddit still make a substantial portion of its money and posts from jailbait? Haven't paid attention to that since the whole Anderson Cooper thing on SA.

(I'm not really a fan of le reddit, if you hadn't picked up on that by now)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:52 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2012, 10:52 AM #15 of 23
I still visit it all the time but I have long since unsubscribed from every major subreddit I can think of. I used to post in /r/atheism all the time and now I generally just can't find anything redeemable about how they act. Now I just have the politics, news and science subreddits turned on and I also like to keep up with the photography subreddit who set me up with film cameras for my class when my school took all the cameras my students were using and gave them to another school.

I don't like judging the entire culture of reddit because a portion (and, sadly, it is a good-sized portion, to be fair) of it are a bunch of creeps and I don't think they should be judged as such, just like I don't judge my entire race just because a good handful of us are rag-waving criminals killing each other over who gets to stand on what public street. Some of the people I've interacted with on there are good people and have proven to me as much. The rest of the hivemind, however, can go fuck itself.

FELIPE NO
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM #16 of 23
Just because I'm a huge dickknob and love seeing anything slightly shitbagging the place have some fuckin' youtube videos.

YouTube Video
YouTube Video
YouTube Video
YouTube Video

fuck

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:56 PM 3 #17 of 23
Hahaha haha aahhaha

hahaha haaahahaha

hhahahaahahaaaahaha

hee hee hee

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:13 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2012, 04:13 PM #18 of 23
Reddit is ok. It's good for browsing mindless fun pictures.There's some cool subreddits that are worth reading too. At least it's a lot better than Facebook, content-wise. And it's work-safe unlike 4chan.

But just like any other internet community, it's on the internet. So don't take it seriously.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:01 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2012, 04:01 PM 1 #19 of 23
reddit is the misquoting movie lines of the internet

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:00 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2012, 03:00 PM #20 of 23
reddit is a place where people argue with Snoop when he tells them that white people shouldn't say "nigga" in public:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:02 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2012, 09:02 PM #21 of 23
I browse Reddit but mostly stick with r/games or r/gamecollecting or r/pixelart or something. The major subreddits tend to suck but there are some gems around.

Oh and ShitRedditSays is both hilarious and depressing.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:25 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2012, 11:25 PM #22 of 23
Reddit is simply 4chan with less pictures, the beliefs that all memes originate from there, and the snobby attitude of "well this isn't 4chan so its clearly better."

It all boils down to a collective of too many people "belonging" somewhere and thinking it means something. Its like saying that you're part of the elite community called Facebook. The only people with useful input there are those who specifically hail from and hide in a couple of subreddits.

Find categories that interest you. Lurk a bit. Hide there and plead ignorance to the rest of the crap on the site.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:25 PM #23 of 23
Hahaha haha aahhaha

hahaha haaahahaha

hhahahaahahaaaahaha

hee hee hee
I apologize for such a late quote and missed link, but this was a surprisingly a good read.

I'm all for being your own person in the real world as well as online, but yeah I can see how it can blur like crazy when you're given that much anonymity... I mean heck, my grandma would never understand why I'd prop so many troll posts because they were so funny. Even now I find it hard to mesh my GFF persona to facebook when I have relatives on there who still sees me as a little girl or something. :\

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Philia; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Reddit