Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Help me identify this here Font

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2009, 11:01 AM Local time: May 25, 2009, 12:01 AM #1 of 5
Help me identify this here Font

Yeah, it's not exactly one I'd use all the time.

But anyhow, I'm working on a fansubbing project, and I'm planning on releasing a creditless version of the OP and ED. The particular anime I'm working on (Chuuka Ichiban/Cooking Master Boy) has already been fansubbed by another group, but working with Cantonese/Mandarin raws. I want to include, as a bonus, soft copies of the original fansub OP/ED translation, and I want to match the fonts as much as possible. So I need your help. Menrath Antiqua looks close, but no cigar.

Long story short, help me identify this here font. Many, many thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 24, 2009, 11:20 AM Local time: May 24, 2009, 04:20 PM #2 of 5
It looks a little like Jules Bold Italic, but I'm not sure...

Wish I could be of more help.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2009, 11:24 AM Local time: May 25, 2009, 12:24 AM #3 of 5
No biggie. I certainly don't expect anyone to go out and actively browse fonts looking for it (since I already did that). I'm just kinda hoping someone might have used the font before...

Anyhow, it is unfortunately not similar to Jules Bold Italic. For this font, I use the letter I, G, and A for comparison. The dot in I is quite distinctive - only a handful of fonts on Download Free Fonts had it as an outlined circle.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
yevheniy
Євгеній

Member 27697

Level 10.88

Jan 2008

Old May 24, 2009, 12:14 PM Local time: May 24, 2009, 11:14 AM #4 of 5
You could always try making vectors of the individual letters using Adobe Illustrator (or a similar program) then try importing those into a font program and re-creating the font that way.

It is sort of an ugly font, that is difficult to read, in my opinion anyways so I see no benefit really in trying to match it -- surely you can find a better font out there somewhere (Arial would be better in my opinion)...

*You really shouldn't copy another groups styling without their permission either as that may be looked down upon in the fansub community...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2009, 06:50 PM Local time: May 25, 2009, 07:50 AM #5 of 5
yevheniy, that sounds like too much effort for a little 'bonus' feature

Don't worry - I'm using my own styling and fonts. Just adding the original in as an extra. Unfortunately, the group in question (AnimeKeep) has lost all of the subtitling material, so they won't be able to identify the font either...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Help me identify this here Font