Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Trade Schools

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 07:12 PM #1 of 6
Trade Schools

What are your guy's opinion about taking up a trade? There's plenty of schools offering trade courses in something or other, usually certifications for pharmacists, or medical billers. Some of them also offer Business Administration, Alcohol and drug counseling, and other shit like that. I was actually thinking about taking them up on a trade like this, but I'm not too sure of the kinds of jobs I would be landing if I were to take the trade. Afterall, why rack up thousands of dollars in student loans, only to find out that your "certification" is worth shit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:19 PM #2 of 6
I once took a course at a trade school, PCDI, to be exact. I actually wanted to go to Strayer instead of going to college, but it's so expensive! And besides, it looks like employers want certification, but they also like degrees as well. You could always call whatever school you're interested in, set up an appointment to talk to them, and they'll explain everything. That's what I did when I was interested in The Washington Business school. The thing about them is that they seem to be more proactive in helping you find a job after you receive your certification.

Most amazing jew boots
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:12 PM #3 of 6
With the decline of the job market, degrees are even more important to have now than ever before. According to my college, today's Bachelor Degrees are about the equivalent of high school diplomas during the 1970's. However, I would love to have been involved in cosmotology (preferably beautician work) if it only paid well.

If you can handle the b.s. that is taught in some colleges, then I say go for it. If there is no way that you could handle going to college, then trade work is probably the next best thing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Cherrypop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9075

Level 3.20

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:22 PM #4 of 6
There's a big lack of qualified tradesmen these days. If you go the trade route, you can always have work.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 08:47 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 08:47 AM #5 of 6
Certs can be exactly what you need, or it can be a waste of time. I recommend looking over what companies you may want to work for, and look over their qualifications. If it mentions a cert, go for it. If it doesn't, contact them and see if they would prefer it or if they will just dismiss it. It also depends on the field of expertise. Some fields require certs, and for others certs are just a bonus. Don't forget, some companies will pay for you to get a cert if you already have the knowledge to back it up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 09:51 AM #6 of 6
I'm in a college/trade school which offers quite a wide variety of cerificates, diplomas, and degrees, as well as training programs in various blue collar and white collar fields. It's somewhat cheaper than the university, which mine is overrated. I'm pursuing an Accounting/Business Administration diploma then eventually a degree, so there's definitely no shame in doing so. I'm doing F/T accounting work so my company pays for the college courses (not textbooks though) since my field of studies is directly related to accounting.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Trade Schools