Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Idolm@ster

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 12:20 AM #1 of 9
Idolm@ster

http://www.idolmaster.jp/index.html
Release date: January 25.

Screenshots:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzz...reenindex.html

Trailer (from TGS06):
http://www.gamer365.hu/download.php?id=2225 HD
http://www.gamer365.hu/download.php?id=2226 non-HD

Does this mean that the X360 is getting more popular in Japan? I thought that idol games are such a niche market that they are usually released for the most popular console. I can imagine that people who love watching 12 to 16 year old girls dance around with selectable clothes will be all over this game.

That aside, the celshaded graphics look pretty good to me. Finally the dreaded blockiness is gone, it always bothered the fuck out of me in previous generation celshaded games. This is finally close to anime quality.

What does GFF think about this title?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by evilboris; Nov 2, 2006 at 06:25 PM.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 06:23 PM #2 of 9
Well, I first heard about Idolm@ster from Taiko no Tatsujin...
when I looked into it, I was...neutral about it. I just saw it as another obscure japanese arcade game from namco.

But now that I see it's coming to the xbox... hmm..

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:45 AM Local time: Nov 7, 2006, 04:45 AM #3 of 9
IDOLM@STER is the game I want most right now, and I've been looking forward to the home release for a while. Considering how unpopular the X360 is in Japan, I think biggest reason NB chose to port it to the X360 is because of Live. The other systems don't have a strong net infrastructure, though I can see this going to the PS3 in the future.

I like dating sims and raising sims, and this is basically both of them combined into one game. Of course, neither of these will work if the characters aren't appealing; luckily they range from pretty cute to adorable. The voice actresses aren't that well-known, with the exception of Kugimiya Rie, who plays Minase Iori in this game ("the arrogant one" - typecasting?).

The music is pretty good as well. Naturally, those who don't like squaky-voiced japanese music will dislike it, though (though Kisaragi Chihaya's Aoi Tori wouldn't fit in that category, methinks).

Clearly, this game isn't meant for everyone, though. I think the people who like Princess Maker 2 would enjoy it though.

There's going to be two versions of this game on release: (1) The regular version, and (2) the special edition which comes with display figures of all 11 characters plus a stage to put them on, plus some other cool things as well.

And yeah, this is indeed the type of game that relies more on the profit of its inspired merchandise than profit from the actual game.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kesubei; Nov 7, 2006 at 03:55 AM.
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:34 PM #4 of 9
Seeing as this comes from the same company which brought us the Ace Combat family, I for one would be amused if the downloadable content were to include the more epic tracks from said games. Imagine, for instance, the girls doing the chorals on 'The Unsung War' (Ace Combat 5) or 'Zero' (Ace Combat Zero)...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Plainsman
Caribbean Cat

Member 14706

Level 7.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:08 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 12:08 AM #5 of 9
I absolutely LOVE that games like this are coming to the 360. My main disappointment in the Xbox was the dearth of quirky Japanese titles. I was so tired of FPSers you can't even imagine.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:08 AM #6 of 9
Originally Posted by Kesubei
The music is pretty good as well. Naturally, those who don't like squaky-voiced japanese music will dislike it, though (though Kisaragi Chihaya's Aoi Tori wouldn't fit in that category, methinks).
The only reason I'm even interested in knowing these games exist is for songs like that--composed by Go Shiina of Driller/Legendia fame. So I tend to keep an eye out for the new ones and check the composer listings on the OST album info

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 02:37 AM #7 of 9
For those who do like the squaky-voiced japanese music, someone at 4chan posted this torrent:
http://www.datorrents.com/download.a...40STER.torrent
contains a lot of Idolmaster soundtracks (around 9 discs maybe) all in Musepack format.

FELIPE NO
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:52 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 02:52 AM #8 of 9
Nice! I hope this thing still has plenty of seeds up once I get back to school. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

At the main site (again, http://www.idolmaster.jp/), Namco has begun putting up short video clips featuring the girls. These videos just give you a sense of each girl's personality. Of course, they're in Japanese.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:17 AM #9 of 9
The spawning has begun

Originally Posted by Kesubei
And yeah, this is indeed the type of game that relies more on the profit of its inspired merchandise than profit from the actual game.
Well, that would certainly explain this...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Idolm@ster