Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] New Kingdom Hearts Project(s)

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:59 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 05:59 PM #1 of 124
New Kingdom Hearts Project(s)

HQ V-Jump scan!

Spoiler:

-A new game screen.
-Features Roxas and Axel in the Org's conference (throne) room. Remember, one part of the game is suppose to focus on -Roxas' time in the Org.
-Someone in the conference room asks, "Is it the one with the keyblade?"
-Sora, dressed in KH1 outfit, is seen behind King Mickey, who is holding his Starseeker out, "I was here on that painful day."
-This is Mickey's part of the story of his journey into....(you know where).
-The new work of the KH game isn't one title.
-It's not just one console that uses the new project.
-It's not any of the past work remade, and they are all completely new works.

As for what Nomura's little hand-written autograph message says in the second picture...

Quote:
New KINGDOM HEARTS title was finally announced to everybody. However, this is just a few [things that are revealed]. What kind of Disney companions do we meet this time, and what kind of Disney worlds do we go to? I look forward to the continued report.
Info from Kingdom Hearts Network - News

Also Jeux France has rumoured titles that will be shown at TGS.

- Endless Crisis : Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation 3)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PlayStation 3)
- Kingdom Hearts (Temporary Title) (PlayStation 3)
- Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories 2 (Nintendo DS)
- Kingdom Hearts 0 (PSP)
- Star Ocean 4 (PlayStation 3)

Most amazing jew boots

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 18, 2007 at 09:04 PM.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:42 PM #2 of 124
jesus, so you have to have ps3, NDS, PSP.. just to play the different KH games? I guess they are all different.

so i guess PS2 isnt getting anything? lame

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 06:50 PM #3 of 124
The rumor was that the next Kingdom Hearts would either be on PS3 or Wii. Why am I not surprised it's on the PS3? However the title Kingdom Hearts 0 looks really interesting, I'm guessing that's the game dealing with the secret movie from KH2:FM. As for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 2...assuming from the title it's probably going to be another card-based game, I was hoping they were done with those. The other thing that really surprises me is it took them 5 years to release three Kingdom Hearts games (KH1, KH:CoM, and KH2) and now they're announcing three all new ones at the same time (doesn't mean they're gonna be released all at the same time). In any case maybe these new games will clear up some mysteries.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 03:51 PM #4 of 124
Well these are just rumoured titles, but yeah, they're going multiplatform 100%, we just don't know if those titles are accurate YET. Wait for TGS for comfirmation guys.

Shouldn't be such a shock, look at the FF7 compliation strategy, along with FF13.

Why would the PS2 get anymore? Square is focusing either on handhelds for prequel/sidestory purposes, or next gen to push the story forward. Only really low budget companies will still wanna make games on the PS2. Consoles may not depreciate as fast as PCs, but they do in years time. If you wanna newer fresher titles, you're gonna have to buy next gen consoles.

And there'e still plenty of RPGs on the PS2. There is no way you have played every single one of them, even just US releases alone. So play those while you wait, and save up.

NEW SCAN!

Quote:
Blue box with pirate.
"Several titles are in the middle of development!! The new KH games will be released!! What on Earth is the title, and, when will it be released?!!"

Text pointing to the Mickey and Sora screen.
"Sora and the King's clothes from KHCOM are the same. When will the talked about story in the new production be revealed?"

Text by Sora.
"The hero, Sora. The chosen hero who must protect the worlds' peace. Through the series, this cheerful boy is the hero."

Subtitle in the Terra and Geezernort (*snicker*old man) scene.
"I believe you/I/he were/was struggling."

Subtitle in the Mickey and Jiminy scene.
*All I know is that it says something about the letter. Dang kanji*

Text pointing to the Organization XIII scene.
"This room is Sora's enemy, Organization XIII's stronghold. **But, in the new game, it looks like the Organization's entry surface is full!!"

Subtitle in the Roxas scene.
"*I don't know the first part*, there's the dream I had..."

Big text next on the Terra scene.
"An unknown character!! Who is he?"

Subtitle in Terra scene.
"What did you do to his heart?!!"

Text under the big Micky pic.
"Disney Castle's king. He is watching Sora's journey from the shadows!!"

KHU's Translation of the Dialouge
- Organization XIII Meeting: "The Keyblade's chosen one..."
- Bald Man: "I believed you would arrive..."
- Terra: "What have you done to his/her heart!"
- Roxas: "He said he'd seen me before."
- Mickey (with Sora): "On that day, I was here too."
- Mickey (with Jiminy Cricket): "A passage one cannot remember..."

As you know, some lines are completely different from the translations we had, but also know that Kanji can be interpreted in different ways as well.
Translations by KH-Vids.Net - Your Ultimate Source for Kingdom Hearts Videos

News is pouring in RIGHT NOW from TGS! I just got this hot shot from Xaldin from kh-vids.net fansite!

Along with new info, the DS and PSP KH games are confirmed to be true, but the let down is there will also be a cell phone one. BLAH!

Here's the image from the mega theater at TGS, the theater will show trailers from Square Enix, KH and FF, among others.

Note that the characters on the LEFT side are from the KH 2 Final Mix + Secret ending! Youtube it to see the ending!!

Also note that Aqua's hair looks different. Check out my profile image and compare it to this art....

Info about the trailers from Famtisu's website! Thanks to Xaldin from Kh-vids.net!

Quote:
At the beginning of the video, waves of images pop up, with the text "KINGDOM HEARTS NEW CONSEPTS(Concept?) NEW TITLES" showing that the Kingdom Hearts New Project was finally announced.

The first thing that was shown, was the ending of Kingdom Hearts II, afterwards the text "The secret ending is solved, and the worlds still extend" Is shown, and then the words "Flow" is shown.

The video then officially begins with Jiminy Cricket looking at his journal, the words "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" pop-up. He then notices something he did not right in his journal "You need to return, to heal the wounds" Jiminy Cricket then rushes to report to King Mickey. Mickey who is startled by this only replies with "Only he is the one who can solve it." The scene soon changes to Sora standing in Destiny Islands, in Kingdom Hearts 1. However Sora only appears in the form of computer data that is being transmitted.

After the image, the game soon changes to a battle scene. Heartless are attacking, and the gameplay mechanic seems odd, as Sora appears to be moving pies of blocks making it a puzzle game in a sense. Soon the command "Debugging" comes up. When this command is clicked, Sora moves at high speed, and vanishes as well. The scene soon changes to Sora being in Traverse Town with Mickey (As seen in the latest scans) With Mickey saying "I was here on that day." and then "Let's speak truly"

Afterwards the text "Kingdom Hearts Coded" comes up, this is a game for the cellphone.
Next report:

Quote:
The trailer starts from the scene where re:COM ended, afterwards the words "The other side attached to Sora still sleeps" and "The mind comes back whenever they touch." The scene then moves to Twilight Town, where Roxas, and Axel are sitting on the edge, as seen in KH2FM+.

Soon the trailer switches to Roxas being invited to the Organization XIII, and introduced to them, which soon cuts out to another scene of Roxas joining the Organization for the first time. Soon the scene then switches to the King talking about Axel, and Saix with Roxas pulling out his keyblade, moving into gameplay.

The gameplay features Roxas fighting with other Organization Members in a multiplayer game. This one confirms the allowance of being able to play as Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

The scene then switches to Xemnas talking towards other Organization members. Xemnas explains that a 14th member has joined the Organization, and the 14th member appears to be a female, wearing a black hood. Soon the title comes up as "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"

You can then hear Roxas in the background saying "I will disappear from this world in 151 days"

This game is for the Nintendo DS.
FINAL report!

Quote:
The Final Project to be shown in the compilations of KH Projects today.

It starts by showing scenes of the ending of "Kingdom Hearts 1" Soon the text "Deep Past" comes up, to be followed by "Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate"

The trailer starts off with the boy who looks like Roxas, Ven, talking to a young male with black hair, the area seeming to be like "Hollow Bastion". The boy soon calls the young male "Ven." The scene continuously changes before showing the Old man that is seen in the Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ Secrent Ending.

The old man's name is "Master Xehanort" and "Master Xehanort" calls the young boy "Terra". Soon Terra summons the keyblade into his hand.

Soon some worlds are shown, such as "Olympus Coliseum" and a new world, which resembles that of Sleeping Beauty is shown, confirming it's existence.

The scene then changes to Terra fighting against the mysterious dark male, who looks like he's in a bicycle suit, also from the secret ending. Terra manages to knock off the helmet, but his face isn't shown.

The scene soon moves to King Mickey summoning his Keyblade. Soon the scene begins to change rapidly, and Terra is at a beach, watching two boys playing before resting his sword into the grove. The two boys soon begin to become more visible, and it looks like Sora and Riku playing at the beach.

Terra soon says "Please don't depend on me, just erase me...friend"

Afterwards the text "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep" comes up, this game is for the PSP

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 20, 2007 at 06:57 AM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:49 PM #5 of 124
I gotta tell ya.

I enjoyed KH1. Sure, the Light/Dark/Heart shit was meaningless, but I kinda let it gloss over, since it was Disney after all.

KH2 was pretty to look at and it was fun to go through the new Disney worlds (Tron, Pirates, etc...), but it was extremely convoluted. Having all these new characters with X tacked in their names, not to mention all the messed up retcon (forced into the original story after the fact) about Ansem and Xemnas and WHATEVER. Adding the concept of "nobodies" really messed up the basic storyline, too, since they seemed to be exactly like the Heartless. It was just a bunch of weird science and flimsy fantasy.

These new story descriptions sound like the worst Engrish fan-fiction dream I can imagine. This has got to be the most embarrassingly badly written game series I can recall. Somehow I doubt any Disney execs have even looked back at this series past the first game, because if they did, they'd find some real faults with the amount of animu bullshit (and I like anime!) going on.

...and I'm still going to buy it. Dammit.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Sep 19, 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:17 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 08:17 PM #6 of 124
I find all the new characters, especially the organization, to be fanscinating, though they were better developed in Chain of Memories than KH2. The members shown in KH2 didnt get the same amount of development and dialouge as the guys in COM did.

And I don't find the Nobodies concept to mess up the story line that much, since there's a difference to a nobody and a heartless if you pay attention. IN battle, Nobodies tend to be more powerful, so there is a difference in gameplay as well.

I felt the first game was cliche, while the 2nd game expands upon that and gave it a bit more complexity. Whether is original or not, well, its hard to come up with originality these days anyway... Then again, I always prefer character driven stories over plot ones. I guess I just love the characters that I can ignore some of the more convoluted stuff in the plot.

So yeah, getting the DS and PSP game.

Not to mention, we dont fully know the stories, the trailers to me just show a bunch of random scenes from the game. Right now, if you ask me or anyone to give a synopsis on those games based on the trailer info, I don't think anyone can. Its too little info to judge, other than one takes place as a Roxas side story, one takes place as a Mickey one, and the last one is probably a prequel.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 19, 2007 at 11:23 PM.
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:09 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 09:09 PM #7 of 124
Looks like some portable hold-outs until they can get working on Kingdom Hearts III. I didn't really expect KH3 for the PS3 or whatever platform it ends up being on as most of the main KH staff is plenty busy with FFXIII Versus.

It seems the PSP game might be the story bridge for KH2 to KH3. But either way I don't really consider myself a big enough fan to get into these portable games. I'm not really sure if I'm a fan of these cross platform compilations Square-Enix seems to be fond of right now either.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Cetra; Sep 20, 2007 at 12:15 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 05:00 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 02:00 AM #8 of 124
I'm don't like the idea either, but my handhelds need more games anyway, so why not? I'm more worried about the FF13 compliation at this point. At least KH and Nomura's team had some sort of consisten quality in its gameplay.(I heard Sekai on the DS is really good.)

Well, cept maybe GBA version of COM...

As long as the games DO come out good, I can tolerate the obvious franchising scheme.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:17 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 04:17 AM #9 of 124
"Birth By Sleep", "358/2 Days", "coded".

God, those sound like bad fanfiction titles.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:30 AM #10 of 124
Birth by sleep is the "code name" of the secret ending in KH" if you didn't know. Like Deep Dive was the name for the secret ending or KH!, so those are probably not the names of the games...

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:30 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 AM #11 of 124
Meh, if you can screw up grammar with Undiscovery, these titles are no surprise.

Square seriously needs to invest some English linguist or writers. At least help them fix their titles, text in trailers etc... Cause while I anticipate these games, the Engrish in everything is getting ridiculous.

Not to mention, what IS the point of telling us how many number of days Roxas has left? It better be a damn good plot element for such a lame title...

And Inhert, while part of me hopes thats the case, they fact they even BOTHERED designing the logo with those... names... is proof that these are probably the final titles.

Square Enix PDF translated! More official info about the games!

Quote:
Hey guys, you know the PDF Files that were released recently? Well KHU's Pazuzu managed to translate that PDF, and it gives off more details about the games so be sure to check it out! If you missed any previous information, be sure to catch up Here.

Also before I move on, I'm going to point something out, because this has annoyed me for the last time, KHInsider, has recently stole the translation I did for the 3 trailers without crediting. I know it's the translation I did, because despite them trying to reword some parts, it has some of the few mistakes I made, and most of it is almost an exact copy of what I translated. It's always best to give credit when it's due.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
==========================

Organization XIII, No. 13, Roxas
The untold story of a new protagonist

In single player mode, go and explore all of the Disney worlds! Then in multiplayer mode, go and do missions with your friends!

Story
-----
Twilight Town.
As always, Roxas and Axel are watching the sun from the clock tower.
Their mission as members of the Organization: find and destroy Heartless, and collect their hearts.
And at the end of that mission, they always meet up at that clock tower, eat ice-cream together and chat about the day's missions.
"Do you know why the evening sun is red? It's because light has lots of colours, and of all of those, red reaches us from the furthest away."
"What're you getting all proud about, Axel?"
Two who should not have hearts, continuing to engage in their exclusive conversation.
This is the untold story of Roxas's time in Organization XIII...

Staff
-----
Director: Tetsuya Nomura
Co-Director: Tomohiro Hasegawa
Producer: Patrick Chen
Executive Producer: Shinji Hashimoto
Production Company: h.a.n.d. Inc.

Game Information
----------------
Name: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
System: Nintendo DS
Genre: RPG
Release Date: Unknown
Estimated Price: Unknown
CERO Rating: Unknown
Copyright: Disney Enterprises, Inc. Developed by Square-Enix/h.a.n.d.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
==============================

This is a story of awakening, one which connects to the grand beginning of the Kingdom Hearts story.

The PSP's high-level graphics aility is taken to its very limits.
A new set of three protagonists compose three different scenarios.
The controls, system and graphics follow those of the series so far, while at the same time bringing a whole new feeling to the system!

Story
-----
The legendary Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power.
Some legends say that long ago, its wielder saved the world, while some say that he brought chaos and ruin upon it.
(Ansem Report 8)

Before Sora gained the Keyblade, there were many "Keyblade Masters" in the world.
One of those Masters, Master Xehanort, and his only disciple suddenly disappears, an omen of the great disaster that would subsequently erupt.
And as soon as one Master realises this, he tells his three disciples that they must track down Master Xehanort at all costs...

Staff
-----
Co-Director: Tai Yasue
Producer: Patrick Chen
Co-Producer: Yoichi Yoshimoto

Game Information
----------------
Name: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
System: PlayStation Portable
CERO Rating: Unknown
Copyright: Disney Enterprises, Inc. Developed by Square-Enix
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdom Hearts: Coded
=====================

An unlimited range of Disney worlds, distributed to your mobile phone.

An adventure spanning across many diverse, rich Disney worlds.
A new system and new graphics put high-end mobile phones on the same level as game consoles!
Our first collaboration with Disney's Internet division, the Disney Internet Group.

Story
-----
This story revolves around a single fragment of Jiminy Cricket's "Jiminy Memo".
Following the events of "Kingdom Hearts II", Jiminy returns to Disney Castle. Jiminy has been reading his memo along the way, and a single page makes him stop in his tracks.

This page contains a mysterious message:
"We have to go back, to heal their pain."

But no matter how much he racks his brains, he can't remember what the page is referring to.
The King turns the Jiminy into data, and begin to investigate. And in a world traced by the Jiminy Memo, the Destiny Islands, a sleeping boy awakens.
Thus Sora's new adventure in the Data World begins.

Staff
-----
Co-Director: Hajime Tabata
Producer: Kakuko Obinata
Assistant Producer: Kousho Ito

Game Information
----------------
Name: Kingdom Hearts: Coded
System: Mobile Phone
Copyright: Disney Enterprises, Inc. Developed by Square-Enix
Source: Square-Enix's PDF Translation - KH-Vids.Net Forum

Ok, NOW we can start complaining about the plot...

I think the cell phone game one so far, looks like a goddamn random crap made just for the SAKE of a cell phone game. The other two I am interested in, since I do wanna see more of the times Axel and Roxas being together as friends, and the secret ending has already intrigue me with what happeneded to the keybladers of the past.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Sep 20, 2007 at 06:54 AM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 07:17 AM #12 of 124
Oh dear chaos.

The new titles? Retarded. The summaries? Retarted.

The DS and PSP games? Interesting.

DS game will be gotten.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:26 AM #13 of 124
Kingdom Hearts: 358 Divided By 2 Days

Oh my...

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:29 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 02:29 PM #14 of 124
Quote:
Soon the title comes up as "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"
You got to be fucking kidding me.

How ya doing, buddy?
EXDRAGON
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24707

Level 1.00

Sep 2007

Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:38 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 11:38 AM #15 of 124
Ohmigosh............I'm still watching the secret ending in FM II and now 3 games are comin'?........better save for a ps3........I justo hope it's worth it

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:02 PM #16 of 124
Why save for a PS3? The new titles are for DS, PSP, and a japanese supercomputer Mobile Phone, and that one will never come stateside anyway.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:34 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 09:34 PM #17 of 124
Dude, thats NOT the trailer! Thats' the secret ending from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +!

Argh, damn Joystiq should never linked the video, people don't read when they see a giant embedded video!

Square never releases their trailers publicly on the net untill god knows when, they suck at their marketing, so don't expect us to see actual footage from the PSP title, or any title, untill monthes later.

There's a reason why various sites are posting DESCRIPTIONS instead of trailer videos you know.

Speaking more of Square's dickery, Famitsu has edited their trailer summaries, taking out most of the juicy stuff like Terra seeing Sora and Riku playing on the beach.

Three guessses as to who made them change it.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jun 9, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:29 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 12:29 AM #18 of 124
Can anyone read the kana? SOMEHOW, it sounds even MORE stupid when I read the kana underneath the title:

Three five eight days over two.

That's how the Japanese kids are calling it, anyway.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 02:25 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 11:25 PM #19 of 124
Gamespot's version of the trailer summaries

Quote:
The biggest surprise at this year's Square Enix booth was the announcement of a new Kingdom Hearts project. While it may be true that Kingdom Hearts II left some questions unanswered, Square Enix has decided to expand on the world of Kingdom Hearts with not just one or two titles, but a trio of games for the DS, the PSP, and mobile phones. What's more, all three of the titles are different games with their own settings and timelines. Tetuya Nomura is working as the director for all three titles, together with Shinji Hashimoto, who will serve as executive producer.

The first title, Kingdom Hearts Coded, is the mobile game release. The game is being co-directed by Hajime Tabata and produced by Kousei Itou. No release date or carrier has been announced yet. Kingdom Hearts Coded's CG trailer started off with the words "Mysteries get solved, making the world wider" on a blank screen. The screen changed to a scene where Jiminy Cricket is flipping through the journal that he's written during his adventures with Sora. He stops at one page, which reads, "We must return to free them from their torment." Puzzled and unable to recall what that page was supposed to mean, he runs to consult the King (Mickey Mouse), who decides to search for answers by digitizing Jiminy's journal.

From what we can gather, the player apparently takes the role of a Sora that was born inside the digitized world of Jiminy's journal. We were shown a couple of clips of in-game footage, and although the graphics were mobile-phone quality, it still runs as a 3D action game and has the Kingdom Hearts atmosphere.

The second title, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, is the DS release. Unlike previous installments in Kingdom Hearts, the game focuses on the series' antagonists known as the Organization XIII, and Roxas, who was "the other main character" in Kingdom Hearts II.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days' trailer starts off from the last scene in Chain of Memories (PS2 version), and the words "The time during the opposite side, when Sora goes to sleep" appears on the screen. The scene changes to the station and clock tower in Kingdom Hearts II, with Roxas and Axel looking over the city at the sunset. In another scene, Roxas is seen sitting in a white room together with the rest of Organization XIII, and a new 14th member is introduced into the organization. Although the character's face was hidden by Organization XIII's traditional hooded jacket that she wore, it was apparently a female character, judging from her lips.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a multiplayer action game where you can fight as an Organization XIII member and attempt to complete missions cooperatively with friends. During the trailer, we saw up to four characters fighting together on the same screen against a massive boss character in a city setting. The game will also feature a single-player mode, of course. The gameplay looked similar to the combat you're familiar with from past KH games, though the frame rate was running a little low in the trailer footage. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is co-directed by Tomohiro Hasegawa and produced by Patrick Chen. The game is being developed by h.a.n.d Inc.

Last but definitely not least of the three Kingdom Hearts games, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is a new title for the PSP. From checking out the trailers, it felt the most like a true Kingdom Hearts sequel of the three games (except that it's actually a prequel). Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep's trailer started off with the words "The distant past." And as it turns out, the game takes place before Sora's era, back in the days when there were multiple "keyblade masters" around the world. We're introduced to two characters whom we assume are the protagonists; a blond boy who looks strikingly similar to Roxas, and an older, taller, black-haired guy who looks a bit like Final Fantasy VII's Zack in baggy pants.

Audiences who have finished playing through Kingdom Hearts II were in for a surprise. As it turns out, the bonus secret movie from the game was apparently an event that took place in the past. During Birth by Sleep's trailer, we saw the same landscape and bald man with a gray goatee and yellow eyes that were featured in the KHII movie. It seems certain that he plays a key role in the game, as the trailer took time to show him trying to influence the blond-haired boy in some unknown way, and also facing off in combat against the black-haired man who's trying to stop him. In another scene, he was seen shouting, "Use your powers to break the darkness and fix my wrongdoings!" At the end of the trailer, a figure who looked like Mickey mouse appeared to confront the bad guy with a weapon that looked like a cross between a sword and a magic wand.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 02:37 AM #20 of 124
Oh BOY more handheld games that should be on a system.

It's cool, they're going to be pretty much official fanfiction already

Why will i buy it anyway D:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:48 AM #21 of 124
It's cool, they're going to be pretty much official fanfiction already
QFT.

In before the DS game features a Roxas and Axel gay sex scene.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:50 AM #22 of 124
the prequel on psp is the only game that interest me, but I'm getting really worried about the future of this series >.< they should have stop with KH2 >.>

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:04 AM #23 of 124
I guess im going to have to get a PSP.. i really dont want one.. but with this game and crisis core.. I think its worth the purchase.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:08 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:08 AM #24 of 124
Birth by Sleep is probably the game that has pushed me over the edge on buying a PSP. There are progressively more and more games that are interesting me, and cause i'm such a Kingdom Hearts fan, this was a big one.

Also, regarding the DS title's title, i think it's supposed to be said "358 Halved Days" or "358 Half Days"

Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:30 AM #25 of 124
I think this will effectively end the series for me... reason being it is apparent that they'll throw a KH game on whatever platform they feel like... if its not going to stick to one platform where I can play the entire series on ONE line of platforms or it just crossed over either Nintendo exclusive or stayed with Sony... then why bother? You'll never see all angles of the story (where things could be written in to fill in holes)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] New Kingdom Hearts Project(s)