Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Half-life 2 Crashes during "loading"

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:47 PM #1 of 7
Half-life 2 Crashes during "loading"

Google suggested that I install DirectX but I need admin priv. to install it so -_- Anyone know any patches?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:57 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 07:57 PM #2 of 7
What version of DirectX do you have installed? And what version of the game do you have, is it the most recent version or are you still on one of the older versions?

You can find out what version of DirectX you have by going Start -> Run. Type in dxdiag. This will then bring up all the DirectX diagnostic tool, and will tell you what version you currently have installed.

On a side note, why don't you have admin privileges to your computer?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:09 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 04:09 PM #3 of 7
Has it run fine prior to this? hardware specs, please, etc.

Also follow the above.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:43 PM #4 of 7
Nevermind, I got it to go past the autosave points.

I changed the shortcut file to: "C:\Program Files\SIERRA\HL2.exe" -applaunch 22 +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

But anyways, to answer the questions for fun. Our entire school got new computers - about 40 new Dual Core computers. And they're all capable of running HL2 at high settings. And it looks amazing! However, I had to burn the actual HL2 folder instead... now I'm trying to get Steam and FEAR to work. And run multiple lan servers across the school xD

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:55 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 12:55 PM #5 of 7
Clock speeds aren't directly related to gaming performance. If for some reason they don't have DX9.0c, I don't think they're really all that new cards.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 04:28 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 05:28 PM #6 of 7
Y'know, I think you take entirely too many risks, Sepharite, especially with school computers that don't belong to you

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 09:52 AM #7 of 7
Haha. But they're just sitting there... being used for freakin' Micrsoft Word! That's it! And they're new computers so essentially, they're being wasted. I am being nice and utilizing them to their potential - so the damn school can get their money's worth.

So fuck em. xD

PS. Half-Life 2 is the best PC game I've ever played.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Half-life 2 Crashes during "loading"