Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:32 PM #1 of 7
Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates

Yarr! Avast me hearties, a online pirate puzzle game!

Official site.

Recently a friend pointed this game out to me, and I've been playing a lot of this. It's a bit similar to a MMORPG, but instead of having RPG-ish battling, you simply play a whole bunch of puzzle games. It's been around for years, and for puzzle fanatics it's a real blessing.

Here are a few examples of the puzzle games:

Swordfighting: Very similar to Super Puzzle Fighter, with some significant changes (the most important one being attacks queue instead of adding up, making quick play a bit less important, and efficient play a bit moreso).

Carpentry: Holes in the boat have to be fixed with 5-block pieces of wood. Try to fill the holes without wasting any wood, and the faster you do it the better.

Sailing: The calming art of sailing--here, the main goal is to fill in holes with the correct colors (as seen on the left side of the screenshot). Combos will significantly increase your score.

There are a whole bunch of other puzzles: Bilging, Achemistry, Distilling, Shipwrightery...

To make money (Pieces of Eight!), you can join crews and go pillaging, or trade fruits and other valuables, enter competitions, etc. The game is free to download and play, but if you want full functionality (such as the ability to dress your avatar in fancy clothes, or own your own ships) you have to pay a monthly fee (I think it's $9,95 or so).

So yeah, does anyone play this game? =D

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by surasshu; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:35 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:36 PM #2 of 7
Haha, go back to Trackmania Hit me on AIM, I'm willing to give this a shot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:37 PM #3 of 7
My wife and I used to play the game... originally we played under free accounts and then went to paid accounts. But as with most of the games that my wife gets into, she got bored with it and the only reason I played was so that we could play a game together...
Anyway... we both left the game at the end of January and I ended up giving away all of my gear, furniture, and ship to the captain of my crew... ^_^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:57 PM #4 of 7
Oh yeah, I'm Surasshu on the ocean Midnight!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:09 PM #5 of 7
Downloading this weird stuff. Great it didn't notifiy me of installing Java.

I was speaking idiomatically.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:56 PM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Grawl
Downloading this weird stuff. Great it didn't notifiy me of installing Java.
This must be a new thing, cause I could download the installer... If you want it, I can upload it. I'm sure it still works, cause I used it to install it on my second PC maybe a few weeks ago.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:06 AM #7 of 7
Nah I already have it installed. Add me to your friendlist, name is Grawl

edit: Hey, it's pretty fun XD

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Grawl; Mar 2, 2006 at 05:15 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates