Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:22 PM #501 of 1941
Ouro downed today. After only 2 serious attempts...quite disappointing really, but not as disappointing as the shit loot. =(

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:04 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 11:04 PM #502 of 1941
Mother fucking... God dammit, Now I'm pissed off again.

Shaman's CM posted on the forums tonight "hay guys 1.11 is going up as it is, no second review for you. be patient, give us our your money, and you'll get more changes later."

This is AFTER two threads where both he and ANOTHER CM solicited feedback, and got over 20 pages' worth of it. So basically, here's what happened:

-People like Nert and Zifna post issues and suggestions MONTHS before 1.11 is even announced, much less the shaman review that comes with it.
-Eyonix announces "hay guys shaman review w/ mages in 1.11." Much rejoicing is done.
-People post MORE feedback.
-Eyonix lists changes. Long and short of it: WF nerfed to half its power in 1.10. Buff totems normalized into a 2 minute timer. Mana costs reduced for totems. Talents consolidated here and there. No trainable Mana Tide (or even moving it to a lower tree like Pallies got with Blessing of Kings). No totem fixes. No raid fixes. Just elemental (AKA PVP) buffs, that were neither asked for nor wanted. Around this time, the EU Shaman CM more or less says that the months of feedback NEVER reached the desks of the developers. Mages get a similar-quality review. Druids get Innervate, a 31-point talent of similar purpose and quality to Mana Tide for free.
-Eyonix takes sick leave, Tseric and Drysc replace him and ask for feedback. 20 pages of feedback follows, but outside of the occasional post, Tseric and Drysc more or less remain silent, do not give devs' response to feedback.
-Much "WTF?" ensues, both from shammies and mages. Devs re-review mages, tweak shammies VERY slightly, but continues to ignore issues for shammies.
-Eyonix returns from sick leave, and asks for MORE feedback. ANOTHER 20 pages follows.

Then, tonight.

Eyonix says that he just got all that feedback to the developers. Feedback from MONTHS ago just got to the devlopers, and it is revealed that 1.11 is over as far as development is concerned. Most aspects of the shaman class are now locked out. In other words, our review is over, with nothing that we wanted and everything we didn't. He then says that we will get further attention in coming months, but gives no specific timeframe. We don't know if it is going to be in the form of hotfixes, or 1.12.

All in all, this review has turned out just as bad as the pally review.

God dammit, this thing has been such a fucking rollercoaster. And in the end, nothing we needed has been looked at, enhancement turned into an all-or-nothing build that is looking to be gimp compared to the unnecessarily bufed Elemental tree, and restoration is still gimp, and what little solo ability we had before has been completely removed. The ONLY thing that keeps me playing a shaman is that I'm not 60 yet, I have several friends on the server that I'm levelling with, and that the class has been barrels of fun so far.

OY.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 6, 2006 at 01:06 AM.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 07:08 AM #503 of 1941
Tried the Noggerfogger + Deviate Delight + Orb of Deception combo tonight to create a night elf female from a undead male.

I was very pleased.

(as an update, still in the same guild, waiting for schoolwork to subside before I start to leave)

Most amazing jew boots
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:03 AM #504 of 1941
I like how Shamans have been whining nonstop about their talents, your overpowered anyway so stop crying. If you think your class in a certain talent is gimped then clearly you suck at that spec and should try something else.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:27 AM #505 of 1941
I like how Shamans are no where nearly as overpowered like Hunters and Warlocks now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:54 AM #506 of 1941
Whats a good server, to roll horde? :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:16 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 07:16 AM #507 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I like how Shamans have been whining nonstop about their talents, your overpowered anyway so stop crying. If you think your class in a certain talent is gimped then clearly you suck at that spec and should try something else.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, play a shaman to 60. Get into a raiding guild. If you're not forced into Mana Tide and healbotting, then try to seriously DPS. Any way that you like. And if you're not booted from the raid and /gkicked, watch as you go out of mana within 5 minutes, even with conservation, and are stuck auto-attacking, praying for a Windfury proc yet dreading one because if it crits too much you'll get aggro and die.

THAT is what the review was supposed to fucking address. We're fine in PVP, and we didn't want a PVP buff. You've obviously never fucking played a shaman if you think we're overpowered. Our totems are all but worthless in anything past MC/Onyxia, to the point of even being a potential cause of a wipe in some instances, and this review does NOTHING to change that. Nor does it change anything to allow a shammy specced anything other than Mana Tide to bring something unique and useful to the table.

Again: THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT WE ARE WEAK. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE ARE PIGEONHOLED INTO A WEAK SPEC FOR ANYTHING BUT RAIDING, AND THAT WEAK SPEC ONLY MARGINALLY IMPROVES OUR ROLE IN RAIDING, WHICH IS A THIRD-STRING HEALBOT, AND THIS REVIEW DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO CHANGE THAT, DESPITE ESSENTIALLY GIVING DRUIDS THE FREEDOM TO SPEC ANY WAY THEY WANT IN THE SAME PATCH.

How can you honestly support the idea that a HYBRID, an OFFENSIVE hybrid no less, should be stuck doing nothing but healing in a raid?

I find it exceedingly pathetic that core classes like warriors and priests are more hybrid than us in raid situations.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 6, 2006 at 09:18 AM.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:41 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 08:41 AM #508 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, play a shaman to 60. Get into a raiding guild. If you're not forced into Mana Tide and healbotting, then try to seriously DPS. Any way that you like. And if you're not booted from the raid and /gkicked, watch as you go out of mana within 5 minutes, even with conservation, and are stuck auto-attacking, praying for a Windfury proc yet dreading one because if it crits too much you'll get aggro and die.

THAT is what the review was supposed to fucking address. We're fine in PVP, and we didn't want a PVP buff. You've obviously never fucking played a shaman if you think we're overpowered. Our totems are all but worthless in anything past MC/Onyxia, to the point of even being a potential cause of a wipe in some instances, and this review does NOTHING to change that. Nor does it change anything to allow a shammy specced anything other than Mana Tide to bring something unique and useful to the table.

Again: THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT WE ARE WEAK. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE ARE PIGEONHOLED INTO A WEAK SPEC FOR ANYTHING BUT RAIDING, AND THAT WEAK SPEC ONLY MARGINALLY IMPROVES OUR ROLE IN RAIDING, WHICH IS A THIRD-STRING HEALBOT, AND THIS REVIEW DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO CHANGE THAT, DESPITE ESSENTIALLY GIVING DRUIDS THE FREEDOM TO SPEC ANY WAY THEY WANT IN THE SAME PATCH.

How can you honestly support the idea that a HYBRID, an OFFENSIVE hybrid no less, should be stuck doing nothing but healing in a raid?

I find it exceedingly pathetic that core classes like warriors and priests are more hybrid than us in raid situations.
Dear lord. QFT.

- WraithTwo -

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:20 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 08:20 AM #509 of 1941
Nothing is more fun than wiping on a boss because the fucking totems aggro'd something. Those are the things shamans wanted the developers to look at. It's like Blizzard threw darts at a big list of shaman issues and they landed everywhere except where the community wanted.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:30 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:30 AM #510 of 1941
Oh, yes, totems. Which is supposed to make us as "good" as pallies at buffing.

If you honestly think that we are anywhere near effective at buffing, take a look at this topic: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post552980

To make a long story short, our totems cost more per person per minute than a pally's Greater Blessings, are less effective, only affect a shaman's party (and not the whole raid), and on top of this, 4 pallies can provide nearly 4 times as many buffs as 4 shammies (I think the max a shammy can provide under absolute ideal circumstances is 15 buffs per shammy, whereas a single pally can provide 40 buffs, PLUS an aura that effects his party).

Oh, and let's not forget the drawbacks of totems, which include aggro problems (already touched on), static nature (makes them useless in AQ), and massive cost (I think the cost to keep a party fully buffed over 15 minutes for a shammy is in the tens of thousands, whereas a pally spends... nothing. He doesn't have to interrupt mana regen, can put them on the party before battle, and drink to regain mana)... how can anybody say that there ISN'T a massive imbalance between a pally and shammy in terms of buffing abilities?

And an imbalance between shammies and pallies is an imbalance between Alliance and Horde. In other words, with this review, Blizzard wasn't just reviewing shaman, they were reviewing the entirety of the Horde in terms of raiding, yet they failed to so much as touch on our raid viability.

So fucking frustrated. >=(

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:19 PM #511 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
Whats a good server, to roll horde? :P
Thunderhorn :P

FELIPE NO

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:57 PM #512 of 1941
ill look into that dagget, im giving FF 11 a spin.. first, i burnt out on wow... is there much drama on FF11 too? lol

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:04 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 03:04 PM #513 of 1941
I've gone to and from FFXI a lot. Made shitloads of gil once the economy was at peak inflation and never lost it. Last time I was logged in, I had about 70 million Gil. There was no real challenge to buying stuff They had a HUGE bot banning and ended up deflating currency ridiculously. I'll get back to it soon...

I made a full Gnomer run across the last few days. Soooo many idiots. Recently hit 30, so I'm off to do levelling elsewhere. I'm thinking Southshore => Desolace => Stranglevale => Arathi. I fucking loathe Desolace. Might cut it out entirely if I can. I can't remember how Stranglevale is, so I'll find that out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:09 PM #514 of 1941
What's amusing here is that Blizzard basically did to the Shamans exactly what they did the Paladins only the opposite in terms of areas of gameplay. The common complaint from Pallies was that they were mostly fine in PvE, but wanted to have the option of sacrificing surviveability for more DPS in PvP, and to a lesser extent PvE. So instead Blizz buffed their PvE abilities, and pretty much brushed off their PvP concerns. I bet the Shaman-hating Pally players are enjoying this right now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:33 PM #515 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Thunderhorn :P
i rolled an undead mage there... waiting for ff 11 to patch.. frickin 3hours

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 09:28 PM #516 of 1941
Look, ma! I'm a Crusader!

I want 1.11 to be live now.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 07:08 PM #517 of 1941

That's right, it dropped! I got my thunderfury woot!

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 06:23 PM #518 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos

That's right, it dropped! I got my thunderfury woot!
oh shit, nice. How long did it take you to get all the things needed for it?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dragon_87
Carob Nut

Member 7572

Level 4.59

May 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 11:48 PM #519 of 1941
Well I have been playing on Eldre'Thalas since Dec 27th. I have a level 60 paladin. but I am quitting. Why? Too many damn issues. The performance has plummeted since I started playing. I get lag spikes out the ass and alot of disconnects. As far as real life goes, I no longer have the time nor money to continue playing. WoW really has taken up too much of my time and now looking back, while I do have some good memories, I would have been better off not playing it at all. Even with all of this, my retirement has been forced upon me. I was going to quit when my card expired July 29th, but now it will always crash with error 132 when I login. No suggested solutions fix it. I dont think I will miss much though. I rolled the premade paladin on the ptr and for the equip I was very, very disappointed. I expected more from a fully epic'd character. Good luck and raiding to those who continue to play.

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 07:15 AM #520 of 1941
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil
oh shit, nice. How long did it take you to get all the things needed for it?
I got the first binding in February, I then started buying all the arcanite I could find...oh yeah lots of money needed for that one. Didn't take all that long though. I've been waiting for the left binding for like 3 months after I got all the mats ready, and it finally payed off.

jedi optimus
Everybody's Favorite Transforming Jedi!

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 08:05 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 07:05 AM #521 of 1941
Woot guild drama. Apparently a guild that was farther along in raiding had sent a few of my guildees including myself invites to MC, so since we havent gotten up to ZG yet we took them up on their offer. Two weeks later one of the officers left to join the other guild and so did 20 people, all high level. Now its time for me to rebuild my guild back up. So annoying how people just want to join an endgame guild but they refuse to help a guild grow into an endgame guild.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:49 PM #522 of 1941
Originally Posted by jedi optimus
Woot guild drama. Apparently a guild that was farther along in raiding had sent a few of my guildees including myself invites to MC, so since we havent gotten up to ZG yet we took them up on their offer. Two weeks later one of the officers left to join the other guild and so did 20 people, all high level. Now its time for me to rebuild my guild back up. So annoying how people just want to join an endgame guild but they refuse to help a guild grow into an endgame guild.

Quoted for the fucking truth. It's a shame greed has to win out 95% of the time. The alliance guild I'm in had people who ran MC with another guild, until that guild got greedy and wanted to run it in-guild only (funny how it's when they get to Rag before making this decision.) In the process, everyone (including officers) who were in our guild that ran MC with them, jumped ship while in the process pissing people off.

I'm all for people wanting to see end-game, as I would like to myself one day (don't see it happening, but eh) but the way people go about doing it sometimes just pisses me the fuck off.

Most amazing jew boots

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:42 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 03:42 AM #523 of 1941
Ok one thing, I've never seen ANY SHAMMY have problems at all. Maybe it's just me but the shammies that are my freinds who are horde are glad for thier revamp and as well didn't nor will have a probelm now and after the patch. The only thing I will say no to shammy getting is this. The 15% mana regen during casting. You have those mana totems for a reason.

Second, guild drama is worse on horde cause it's more inteligent but stupid?

Third, I'm moving my horde chars from stormreaver to korgath... I may just give up on them unless I get yet ANTHER warlock to 60 for the horde and then slid in my rogue, Zio into it a guild decked out or I may just work on my druid on cho'gall since servers are filtering in so there will be a shitload of people. Cho'gall been on new hardware + new server for a long time so yeah...

I may just do that.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:59 AM #524 of 1941
from a former alliance guy.. i say fuck alliance.

My undead mage is now lvl30, and am loving it.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 09:26 AM #525 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Ok one thing, I've never seen ANY SHAMMY have problems at all. Maybe it's just me but the shammies that are my freinds who are horde are glad for thier revamp and as well didn't nor will have a probelm now and after the patch. The only thing I will say no to shammy getting is this. The 15% mana regen during casting. You have those mana totems for a reason.
You mean the ones where they either return a pitiful amount of mana (even AFTER the revamp) to the point where it's worthless, or the one where you have to spec at LEAST 31 points into Resto (and that's JUST for that totem; you'd be missing out on things like +10% to healing spells, for example, among other things like reduced threat on healing, +20% to HP/MP when you self-rez, etc.), utterly GIMPING your DPS in the process?

Seriously, the ONLY people who are somewhat happy with these changes are either Blizzard fanboys who take their word as God's, or elemental PVP shammies. The rest are just looking confusedly at seeing Resto's already pitiful damage being nerfed into oblivion (Windfury attack power halved for the lose), while getting almost nothing back in return except shit like Nature's Grace and Healing Focus (which I WILL admit is nice. 70% chance to avoid interruption on ALL healing spells? Hello Healing Wave/Chain Heal usefulness), and Enhancement shammies are looking confusedly at a tree which now all but forces 31 points into it for good (and incredibly unreliable) damage, where before it only took 22.

If you think this is a good review, then you don't understand a god damn thing about shaman and apparently don't want to learn, either, considering that I've said what shaman problems are in this exact same thread.

EDIT: Quoted for truth, Crazied. All my Alliance characters are collecting dust, because I... well, I just find alliance side utterly BORING. Shame that they're the side which has easy-mode raiding.

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 13, 2006 at 11:29 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft