Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Digimon

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:34 PM #51 of 287
Here I come to the rescue with Utaou Bokura no Merry Christmas.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 09:52 AM #52 of 287
Thanks a lot, soulsteelgray! Funny, I've definitely heard that song before, but I don't seem to have it in my collection. Weird.

Most amazing jew boots
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:32 PM #53 of 287
Thanks a bunch, guys!

As far as openings go, I'll have to stick with the old school and say my favorite is "Butterfly".

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 12:56 PM #54 of 287
Yep, you can't go wrong with Butter-Fly.

I'm kind of iffy on what ED to pick as my favorite, though. In retrospect they're just not as great as I initially found them to be. I guess I'd have to pick either Days -Aijou to Nichijou- or an Endless tale.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:17 PM #55 of 287
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel
Tamers was by far my favorite season, so I was a bit miffed to find out that the rumor about Savers being a sequel as false. Still, the trailer looks interesting enough, so I'll give it a shot.

My only gripe is that the girl's plant digimon looks dumb. Give me Palmon over that thing anyday. :p
As much as I'd like to see a Tamers sequel, the ending seemed pretty close-ended to me, and it was a nice sweet ending too. Besides, the second Tamers movie takes place after the ending, so that's good enough to call it a sequel.

I don't like that girl's plant Digimon either. Not only do I hate plant monsters in video games and TV shows, but it's Champion form looks similiar to Sunflora the Pokémon. I bloody hate Sunflora >_>

In fact, all the Rookie forms don't look so hot. That dog Digi reminds me of Bearmon. His Champ form has glove claws on his front paws, just like Grizzmon, and both Digis are blue -_-; Give me Garurumon or Garmmon any day. Even Agumon looks worse than he did in Adventure. Compare both Agumons. The Savers Agumon has oval nostrils, whereas the Adventure Agumon has normal looking dino-like ones. He looked more realistic.

As for my favourite Ending theme, I don't like them as much as the Opening themes (I love them all except for Target). I think Ashita wa Atashi no Kaze ga Fuku is my favourite.

P.S. If only there was a Digimon video game that was a good as any of the Pokémon ones. The Digimon games that I do like all have problems with them that prevent them from becoming awesome games. Is anyone else peeved that Digi Rumble Arena 2 was made only for Adventure fanboys? I was POed that only one measly Tamers Digi made it to the character roster, and there were 4 of them in the first game!!!

P.P.S. Still waiting for WereGarurumon to show up in a fighting video game *sigh* He's my favourite Digimon :(

P.P.P.S. Is it just me, or are we the only Digi fans on this board?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 28, 2006 at 09:51 PM.
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 05:14 PM #56 of 287
To your PPPS, you'd sorta think...

Anyway, only a few days before the Raws show up.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:20 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:20 PM #57 of 287
Bumping for the Torrent of Episode 1 (Raw)

http://forum.digimonhimitsu.com/viewtopic.php?t=1544 (No Need for registering)

Hehe, some of the elements work very well, Agumon reffering to Masaru as "Anikii" (Big Bro, or Brother, not sure) and then trying to EAT him is utter halerity.

But I'm glad at least one Fansubber (who's not WPP) is taking this on, we might get it in a timely fashion then :O [SD Project if you want a read up on them]

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:27 AM #58 of 287
Okay, sorry for not posting in this thread. I wanted to wait until a subbed version came out. I never download raws. Here are my thoughts on the first episode:

It is a lot more enjoyable than I thought. While I don't really like the designs of the new characters, Savers could be as good as Tamers if they play their cards right. One thing that struck me was that there was a lot more close-knit bonding between the partners than most of Adventure! That's something I definitely appreciated in Tamers (Guilmon and Takato particular), and I certainly welcome that here too.

I actually liked Agumon in this one. I never liked him much in Adventure, but this Agumon is funnier, more 'macho' if you want to call it that, and GeoGreymon's design is neat. Rawr!! I loved those swirly eyes when he got hungry, haha.

Doesn't Kudamon remind you of Linoone from Pokémon? Maybe they're both weasels or mink or whatever the heck they are? It's pretty awkward to see adults with Digimon partners though, but who knows. Maybe it'd turn out fine. I'm just not used to it yet.

The new digivice looks like a cel phone!

Is it just me, or does the general public already know that Digimon exist? I didn't think that ol' fisherman would have a spare digivice on him!

I'm looking forward to more episodes. I love the work WPP has done on the Digimon series, but yes, they're pretty slow. I hope they don't bail out altogether though, like Toriyama's World with Naruto. Their subs were the best, but they were so damn slow that they eventually stopped subbing the series altogether : /

P.S. I like the evolution song!!! Anyone got a full version? :D

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 8, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 05:34 PM #59 of 287
Man, I hope this thread isn't dead. It's not often I get to talk to other fans! None of my online friends watches the series :(

After all the talk about Savers in here, I thought more people besides Conan-the-3rd would have downloaded the episodes to watch : /

Spoiler:

Anyway, I've just seen the second episode this morning and it was hilarious! I loved the scene with the box, as it bought back fond memories of Tamers. The whole scene in Masaru's house was a blast. He [Masaru] has a lot of great expressions.

Sunflowmon is horrible, sorry to say. She goes down just after one measly attack, and Yoshino doesn't do anything to help Masaru afterwards. If she's supposed to be a top agent of DATS, then I shudder to think how the other agents fare.

It's only the second episode, but I'm already growing quite fond of the show. It looks to be a combination between Adventure and Tamers, the best of both worlds. Now if only Yoshino was a tad more pro-active.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 05:52 PM #60 of 287
I'm not really up to date on fansubbed anime (I hardly watch any), but I assume I can get these on animesuki, right? If so, I'll try to download them and watch them tonight.

EDIT: Okay, there is like three different versions. Which one should I get?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Rockgamer; Apr 15, 2006 at 06:57 PM.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 05:58 PM #61 of 287
The first episode made me go "ehhhh" at the concept, but the second episode made me like the series a bit more. Yoshino's still boring, though.

I think I might really get into the series when they do the typical oh-noes-we-have-to-go-save-the-Real-and-Digital-Worlds bit. There's just more drama there.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 07:09 PM #62 of 287
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII

EDIT: Okay, there is like three different versions. Which one should I get?
Get the With The Will (WTW) ones, or Wolf Pack Productions (WPP) whenever they get around to subbing it.

@soulsteelgray, they go to the Digital World in the next several episodes. The first episodes are usually the worst, since you have to go through the trouble of introducing everyone and setting up the stage. However, I've enjoyed the 2nd Savers ep very much, which is indeed promising.

*yays at the replies*

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 15, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 09:33 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 08:33 PM #63 of 287
Originally Posted by a_ferret
@soulsteelgray, they go to the Digital World in the next several episodes. The first episodes are usually the worst, since you have to go through the trouble of introducing everyone and setting up the stage.
Next several episodes? Wow, that's fast. I was expecting the crossover to be somewhere around halfway into the series.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 10:07 PM #64 of 287
Okay, I just got through watching the first two episodes, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I knew the show couldn't be any worse than Frontier, but I think it's almost as good as Tamers! It's still early though, so anything can happen.

First off, I love the new digivices. The design of them is pretty cool, and I like how they have the ability to store the digimon inside of them (though, unlike pokeballs, you can still interact with your digimon). The only thing I want to know more about is how come Masaru has to attack the enemy digimon first to get its data or whatever to make Agumon evolve even though Yoshino doesn't have to do that to make Raramon evolve. Does it have to do with Masaru, Agumon, or the digivice itself (kinda weird how some old guy just came up and gave it to him)?

As for the digimon themselves, I haven't really liked any of them so far except for Agumon/GeoGreymon (though I did like that turlte-looking one inside DATS HQ as comic relief). Raramon/Sunflomon doesn't look too good and also doesn't look too powerful, and Kudamon's design annoys me for some reason. Hopefully he'll be good in battle though. Both the enemy digimon so far haven't appealed to me either, but we'll probably never see them again so that doesn't matter.

Overall, I'm definitely going to stick with this series. Unless they manage to really screw up the plot, I don't see this series being that bad.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 06:01 AM #65 of 287
I'm still iffy on those digivices. They look more like MP3 players or something. It is pretty nifty how Digimon can be stored inside them, however. It makes it very convenient when travelling, and you don't attract attention to yourself. It's too bad Takato is in the wrong series. I'm sure he would've benefited from one of these XD

The only Digimon I like so far is also Agumon, which is surprising because I've never liked that Rookie much. He has a very amiable personality in Savers and makes a good partner for Masaru. They're both very amusing together :3 At least Sunflowmon, while a plant monster, has some reptile parts to her (it?). I like Kudamon, but I'm biased because I think he's a combination of Furret and Linoone, two Pokémon which I love. That turtle Digimon may get some backlash from Pokémon fans claiming he's a Squirtle rip-off : / Hopefully Gaomon would be cool. He makes his first appearance in the third episode.

I think that old guy could be related to Masaru, like his father or grandfather. That's what the general consensus is so far to the fans.

What I really want to see is AeroVeedramon in Savers. He's one of my favourites, but to date he hasn't appeared in any of the shows. Some other new Digimon enemies would be nice too. Flymon and Cockatrimon are such pretty old monsters. A ton of new monsters have arrived since then. Why don't the animation company use them?

I think Savers has lots of potential to be on par with Tamers if they keep it up, although I doubt it will surpass Tamers. That holds a special place in my heart. I haven't had this much fun at a Digimon episode since, well, when I last saw Tamers! That ep where Juri was going after Leomon was a riot!

The Digital World appears in either episodes 5 or 6.

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 16, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:23 PM #66 of 287
Bumping the thread 'cause the third episode just came out!

Get it through torrent or direct download!

Most amazing jew boots

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 10:30 PM #67 of 287
Thanks for the link! I just got a new computer, so I haven't downloaded a torrent program yet.

I'm downloading it now, but I don't when I'll get around to watching it. I'm typing a paper now, and I have classes the next two days. I probably won't get around to it until this weekend.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:27 PM #68 of 287
I saw episode 3 last night and couldn't type up my 'review' until tonight. Everything's contained in the spoilers:

Spoiler:

After the great second episode, I was kind of disappointed with this one, although it's mainly because of Tohma's introduction. I can tell I'm going to hate him from the get go, because his attitude and personality is pretty much the same as Sasuke (Naruto), and I hate Sasuke. The rivarly between Tohma and Masaru are very similiar too Sasuke and Naruto as well, which could be a bad or good thing depending on the direction the writers take with it. Unfortunately, it also appears that Gaomon is just as bad as Tohma. : /

Toei seems to be getting lazy, as the first half of the episode had some pretty sloppy artwork. The second half was good though.

Did anyone besides me think those PetitMeramon are, um, cute?

I may say more if other people comment.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 21, 2006 at 07:28 AM.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 12:17 AM #69 of 287
I just watched Episode 3.

I must say, the main character is a bit pissy. I don't know if I'm really all that intriuged by this season. The characters seem too common and boring. Angry characters always annoyed me. And the main character is too angry and pushy.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:32 AM #70 of 287
For someone who is an angry person, he sure has the best expressions, so it all evens out, haha. I don't think he's really that angry anyway. I think he's funny, but that's just me. Tohma, on the other hand, should be shot.

Remember, it's only the third episode. It takes time for some character development (if any) to occur, so stick it there, hee hee.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sirmackerel
Persona

Member 3968

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:33 PM #71 of 287
Meh, a rivalry again? I liked the fact that Jenrya and Takato from Tamers actually got along from the start.

My only other gripe would be that Yoshino and Raramon seem rather useless in combat so far. She didn't do anything against Cockatrimon in episode 1, and she got owned in epsode 2. However, judging from the OP, it seems Raramon's final form may be Rosemon, so that's something to look forward to.

FELIPE NO
Memento mori
Cogito, ergo summ
Pense, done je suis,
Remember that you are mortal.

http://www.konamistars.com/konamista...dg8zI6mbHVIXkw
Join the Konami RPG Stars!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 12:28 AM #72 of 287
Episode 3 summary: Touma is a fucking prick.

Seriously, he annoys me to no end, This series was pretty good so far until they added this generic stuck-up rich kid. And to top it all off, I hate his digimon as well. I never once found myself rooting for this guy.

At least this episode a good bad digimon in PetitMeramon/Meramon. Best one so far, though I wonder how long they're gonna keep going with these random, standalone bad guys. Maybe there will be an overarching villain when they go to the digital world.

It had the potential to be a good episode, but Touma ruined it (and possibly the whole series) for me. I hope he drops that attitude sometime during the series, because it's not very appealing.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:14 AM #73 of 287
Wow, so nobody likes Tohma so far. I thought lots of people liked guys like those, as evidenced by the myraid of Sasuke fans *GAG!* I'm the person who always cheers for the underdog.

However, Naruto is my favourite anime, even though Sasuke is a prick and whatnot, so I'm still having hopes for Digimon Savers. I'll post in here whenever new eps get subbed, to keep you up to date.

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:30 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 09:30 AM #74 of 287
I just think it's a cliche relationship. The whole "angry rebel without a cause" vs the calm person has been overdone.

I guess I like the Naruto and Sasuke relationship more because both are fighting for a purpose and not just mindlessly fighting like so many other main characters.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 09:18 AM #75 of 287
Okay! The 4th episode is up!

Direct Download
Torrent

I just finished watching it and it's far better than the 3rd episode!

Spoiler:
I really liked Drimogemon. He looked like a child who imprinted himself on the first humans he's met (kinda like chicks and ducks), and went along for the ride without knowing good from bad, but then got angry when the guys were in danger. Does anyone else feel sorry for him? :( According to the preview, I wish he'd had evolved to something new instead of an old Digimon we've already seen a lot of.

Touma wasn't as annoying in this episode, but Gaomon doesn't seem to have his own mind, which bugs me. All he's said in 98% of the episode was 'Yes, master.' I mean, geez, doesn't he ever form his own opinion or anything? He's so boring!

Next episode should be cool, 'cause they
Spoiler:
go to the Digital World.
Awesome.

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 29, 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Digimon