Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Digimon

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:00 PM #26 of 287
I stopped liking the Digimon Series after the second season.

The first season kept my interest and the second season expanded upon that. I also loved the second season because of the great fanfics they came out of it. (Daisuke X Takeru yaois = goodness).

But then the third season came around and it seemed like they didn't even know what to do. I mean, card evolutions? This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh. Everything about that season bugged me. I hoped that would be the end of the Digimon series.

...Then the 4th one came around. It was somehow even worse then the third. I didn't care to really watch it.

I'm curious to see how bad....er...how this season will turn out. >_>

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:56 PM #27 of 287
I take it you've never heard of the Digimon Trading Card Game?

It looks like the people who didn't like Tamers are the same people who don't ever want to see things change. Adventure and Zero 2 both were consistent since they take place in the same universe, but Tamers added lots of new stuff, including characters and evolutions. The most common complaints I see from disgruntled fans are "I want to see [insert name of first or second season character here]!" "I want the old Digimon!" "Why are they using cards? The first season didn't have it!"

I LIKE the fact that Digimon tries new things each season. Compare that to Pokémon, a show that NEVER changes every season. It's the same damn storyline every bloody time. That's what made me stop watching the show, since it became so very horribly repetitive. It goes to show you that change is good.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 20, 2006 at 05:09 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 04:14 PM #28 of 287
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Compare that to Pokémon, a show that NEVER changes every season.
I wasn't even aware that that show had seasons. I just started thinking of it as one big continuous blob of crap after awhile, so I stopped watching it as well. I actually remember the exact episode where I started thinking this too, something about a hot air balloon, stuff happened, Team Rocket came, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, that was the last one I ever watched.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:26 PM #29 of 287
That all being siad, they took it WAY too far with Frountier. I would sorta understand if it was some sorta Turn A Digimon (encoperating all four series) but realy, it was Digital Force Monranger or Power Rangers: Digital Force.

Not raging on Live action, it has it's place, but the format does NOT lead to Digimon well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:32 PM #30 of 287
Man, I'm gonna miss Wada Kouji and AiM
Same here.

This is completely random, but...
Spoiler:
I don't want to go through another Leomon/Wizardmon death scene. = (

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:56 PM #31 of 287
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
Same here.

This is completely random, but...
Spoiler:
I don't want to go through another Leomon/Wizardmon death scene. = (
Spoiler:

Oh man, Leomon's death scene was so sad (assuming you mean the one in Tamers), especially when you also consider the fact that Digimon aren't reborn in that universe. I can't remember Wizardmon's death scene, but what about BlackWargreymon? His was sad too :(

Then there's Gotsumon and Pumpmon? They certainly didn't deserve being killed. Oh the bright side, Gabumon looked so adorable in that bear outfit.

Aw man, now I'm tempted to use a Digimon avatar/sig theme. It'd be cool if there was a related theme week.

FELIPE NO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gabumons_9.jpg (9.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 20, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:06 PM #32 of 287
Spoiler:

Oh man, Leomon's death scene was so sad (assuming you mean the one in Tamers), especially when you also consider the fact that Digimon aren't reborn in that universe. I can't remember Wizardmon's death scene, but what about BlackWargreymon? His was sad too
Spoiler:
Aw... I almost forgot about that. So much death. ;_;

It's just that Leomon died twice, and I think that there were two Wizardmon deaths, two (there was a Wizardmon variant in Frontier, I think). Some Digimon just can't catch a break. = (

EDIT: That Gabumon is the CUTEST. THING. EVAR. <3

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:17 PM #33 of 287
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
Spoiler:
Aw... I almost forgot about that. So much death. ;_;

It's just that Leomon died twice, and I think that there were two Wizardmon deaths, two (there was a Wizardmon variant in Frontier, I think). Some Digimon just can't catch a break. = (
Spoiler:

Oh...forgot about the other Leomon and Wizardmon (I forgot his variant name >_>) deaths. I guess the writers wanted to make Leomon consistent and make him die all the time :( Just watch...there will be a Leomon in Savers and have him die too. I thought it was hilarious when Jeri was chasing after Leomon, especially with those expressions he was making.

Quote:
EDIT: That Gabumon is the CUTEST. THING. EVAR. <3
I know :D

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:23 PM #34 of 287
Spoiler:

Oh...forgot about the other Leomon and Wizardmon (I forgot his variant name >_>) deaths. I guess the writers wanted to make Leomon consistent and make him die all the time Just watch...there will be a Leomon in Savers and have him die too. I thought it was hilarious when Jeri was chasing after Leomon, especially with those expressions he was making.
Yeah, I guess that's another reason Tamers was the best... But the people at Toei obviously like making people cry. Meanies. ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:24 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 09:24 AM #35 of 287
I lol if they go and cleché bust that paturlar stand of Digmion folklore.
(and it's certainly due up, it always happens on odd numbered digimon series :biggrin

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Mar 21, 2006 at 03:26 AM.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 10:18 AM #36 of 287
Freelance Wolf, you have opened my eyes...

I guess it is good that they are trying new things each season.

I stopped watching Pokemon as well because it was the exact same thing each time. Ash, why won't you die...;_;

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:01 PM #37 of 287
Wow, I actually influenced someone, hahaha.

Anyway, I gave in and changed my avatar and sig. Gabumon is my fave Digimon in Adventure, but I do like Guilmon more.

Getting closer and closer to the Savers airdate! I think they should have used X Digimon instead though. I dig lots of the designs.

I was speaking idiomatically.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:05 PM #38 of 287
As much as I complain about the new Digimon seasons, I'll probably still watch it.

I got my Digimon Character Songs [Limited Edition] CD today....oh, I just had to say that.

Does the main character still have googles?

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:16 PM #39 of 287
Even if you didn't like the later seasons, you should still watch a few episodes of Savers. Your opinion wouldn't be valid otherwise, if you get what I mean. Even then, sometimes shows start out crappy at first, but gets way better later, so unless it's really extra bad, I'd be watching the entire run before I can form a better opinion.

Man, I wish I had real Digimon CDs. Which one do you have? I'd love to get a rip from you if it's something I need.

Since Savers seem to be going in a different direction this time around, it's very possible that the main character this time won't have goggles. I don't see the appeal of an older teenager running around wearing a goggle either. However, goggles have always been a tradition among Digimon so I'd still like to see it, despite what I said earlier.

FELIPE NO
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:26 PM #40 of 287
Yes, there is a lot of shows that start of slow and get better. I believe the 4th season was like that. I am surprised that he doesn't have goggles though. That's a first. Guess last season was the end of the google gang.

But as for the CDs. I purchased the 'Digimon the Movie' soundtrack and the 'Digimon Character Songs' (which cost me $55 bucks @_@) albums. I barely listened the the Character songs album yet though, but I love the Movie soundtrack. Especially since it has the Digimon raps and Hey Digimon, which were some songs I liked in the episodes.

If you're interested in the soundtracks, I could send them to you, if you want.

Last edited by vuigun; Mar 24, 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:26 AM #41 of 287
I still haven't seen all of Frontier yet. I have all the subbed episodes on DVD, yet I don't feel like watching them.

Haha, that's why I don't often buy import CDs a lot, although I'd like to. The price just turns me off. The last import CD I got was Final Fantasy VIII. It's an original, and it was for only a measly $20 USD, far cheaper than what I normally see on other websites. Are the CDs you got the ones with the image songs for the Digimon and his/her partner? If so, there's a lot of those for each season, so I wanted to know exactly which ones you have.

Can't say I like much of the American Digimon music, but I did like 'Hey Digimon' despite it's cheesiness. Actually, I can't remember much of the music from the movie, so I guess I'd like a rip. You do VBR? That's what I generally prefer, but if you can't, anything 192 and up would be good.

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 12:57 AM #42 of 287
yes, I prefer VBR. I'll try to send you the Digimon Movie soundtrack tomorrow.

The Digimon Character Songs, I'm pretty sure it is the image songs. Here's what I got.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...cter+Songs.htm

Tell me if you're still interested in it.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 12:45 AM #43 of 287
I think my personal favorite was the 2nd ED of Tamers. Need to find the full version sometime...

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Mar 25, 2006 at 01:52 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:46 AM #44 of 287
soniclover: I have the songs in that CD you've shown me, but the ones I have are much lower quality. Would you mind ripping both CDs for me then?

Dhsu: http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...42U6RXN7DOM31H
Here you go. If you want anymore, just let me know.

P.S. Do any of you guys know of a website/FTP that has high quality versions of Digimon songs? I'd love to restart my song collection with better quality files. Lots of mine are 125kbit.

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 25, 2006 at 09:34 AM.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:07 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:07 AM #45 of 287
I'm afraid I don't know any websites or FTPs with High quality Digimon songs, but I can't say I've looked around too much.for any other soundtracks then the 1sr and second seasons.

I rip my CDs with Exact Audio Copy and Lame. I'd PM you both of the albums by later today, hopefully.

Most amazing jew boots
Sirmackerel
Persona

Member 3968

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:31 AM #46 of 287
Tamers was by far my favorite season, so I was a bit miffed to find out that the rumor about Savers being a sequel as false. Still, the trailer looks interesting enough, so I'll give it a shot.

My only gripe is that the girl's plant digimon looks dumb. Give me Palmon over that thing anyday.

Memento mori
Cogito, ergo summ
Pense, done je suis,
Remember that you are mortal.

http://www.konamistars.com/konamista...dg8zI6mbHVIXkw
Join the Konami RPG Stars!
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 01:12 PM #47 of 287
Dhsu: http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...42U6RXN7DOM31H
Here you go. If you want anymore, just let me know.
Wow, thanks! I didn't actually expect someone to have it.

Most amazing jew boots

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:13 PM #48 of 287
Originally Posted by Dhsu
Wow, thanks! I didn't actually expect someone to have it. :D
No problem :3 Anything for a fellow Digimon fan. Is there any other songs you want?

Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:39 PM #49 of 287
Is it okay if I make a request? I know it's a stretch, but I've been wanting to here some of the Tamers Christmas songs for a long time. Apparently Yamaki sings this one scary song, and then there's... Kurumon <3. Just curious.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:03 PM #50 of 287
Lee-chan:

1. Believe (AiM)
2. Christmas Alone (Impmon/Beelzemon)
3. Black Christmas (Yamaki and the two girls)
4. Digimon Christmas Medley (Guilmon, Renamon, Terriermon, Calumon)
5. Santamon wo Sagase (The tamers)
6. Sorry. I don't have this song. It's called Utaou Bokura no Merry Christmas, and Wada Kouji sings it.

P.S. My favourite Digi OP is The Biggest Dreamer.

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 25, 2006 at 11:09 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Digimon