Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:18 PM #1 of 800
FFVII Compilation Thread

The official release date and specs for the North American version of Advent Children was posted during the board's downtime IIRC, so here's the announcement plus the English voice cast:
Quote:
February 12, 2006 - On April 25, 2006, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the long-awaited sequel Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children on DVD and PSP in a two-disc special edition. Described by SPHE, the feature-length film is "brought to life through 100 minutes of beautifully crafted visual content," and "revisits the rich universe and memorable characters of Final Fantasy VII, one of the best selling video games of all time." The two-disc DVD set will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $26.95, while the UMD will be offered for the MSRP of $28.95.

The DVD bonus features include the following extras:

* Story digest
* Deleted scenes
* Featurette: "Making Of Final Fantasy VII"
* Footage of Final Fantasy VII at the Venice Film Festival
* A sneak peek of the games in the upcoming "Compliation of Final Fantasy VII" series

Final Fantasy VII, which will be available in widescreen presentation, has a running time of 101 minutes and is rated PG-13. Check out the box art below:

English VO Cast:
[QUOTE]Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
Kadaj: Steve Staley
Reno: Quinton Flynn
Rude: Crispin Freeman
Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
Loz: Fred Tatasciore
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
Reeve: Jamieson Price
Tseng: Ryun Yu
Elena: Bettina Bush
Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
Girl: Andrea Bowen
Zack: Rick Gomez
Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
Sephiroth: George Newbern
The Man in the Wheelchair: Wally Wingert

So there you have it. No more speculation or rumours. April 25th is when the DVD will be released and in all honesty I don't see why it was delayed so much when the features are the same ones in the order announcement for the DVD's original November 29th date.:eyebrow:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Simo; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:19 PM #2 of 800
About goddamn time. And why, with so few special features, is it two disc?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:25 AM #3 of 800
Very odd that they make no mention of Japanese dialogue included.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:31 PM #4 of 800
(Lets hope SOLDIER doesn't get back too soon, or he'll hijack this thread like the other one)

Finally it'll be released. I'm curious to see if it'll get a European release date, probably in a few months as usual. I'm not sure if I'll buy it though, having seen it already. I'm also a bit disappointed by the lack of extras. Sure, I knew that we wouldn't get Last Order, but still, they could have given us a bit more.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:37 PM #5 of 800
They still haven't said if it will have a dual-audio feature.

I want to be able to watch it in Japanese, damn it.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:38 PM #6 of 800
I wanted to be the one to make the new thread, but my validation e-mail took a while. This really should be in media center you know, it's a movie after all.

The only thing I request is that you post "No Spoilers" on the thread title, and then make an "Advent Children Discussion Thread (Spoilers)" to accompany it. Anyway....

So I’m sure everyone knows by now that AC has finally been given an official release date. With the news quickly posted on Square’s page, things are finally set in stone for an April 25 release.

Hopefully.

And what were my thoughts during the announcement? Mostly good, but there were some mixed feelings as well. What can I say, I’m jet lagged after so much waiting, and so far the details have not confirmed any US bonuses that would serve as a sort of apology for the long wait. The running time remains the same, along with the extras of the Japanese release, and no mention of Last Order anywhere. Personally, I believe LO will still be included, as a pre-order bonus if nothing else, but I’m not going to dwell on that until the release nears. Standard edition or not, at least we finally have a date.

What I do want to dwell on though are the asshole remarks thrown around the web upon announcement of the news, especially the ones in gamesarefun. Okay, so you downloaded the movie and watched it until it got old. Good for you, but how about a bit of courtesy for those of us who decided to wait it out? No, of course not, it’s FFVII; it’s popular, and thus must be bashed.

I just don’t get why these people have to constantly state that the movie sucked. Do they really think that’s going to keep the rest of us from watching it anyway?

But enough of that, I’m replying to offer my opinions about the official cast list for the English release. If there’s one thing I can say positively, is that Square scrounged up a very good set of VA’s for the roles in this movie. I don’t have any qualms about any of them, and I’m sure they’ll do a bang-up job. I’ll refrain from commenting about Cook or Suvari, as both of them have samples from their KH2 roles online. Impressions about both will go in the KH2 thread.

Kadaj: Steve Staley

Staley is currently playing River in IGPX. This is pretty funny, as while hearing River’s voice, I kept thinking he would be a good fit for KH or some other Square game (it helped that he was the antagonist for Haley Joel Osmend’s character). He’s going to be a great Kadaj.

Wheelchair Guy (play along): Wally Wingert

This was one of the first VA’s listed, but now he’s confirmed. I only know him as Maximo, but I think he’ll do fine.

Reno: Quinton Flynn

Ha ha ha, Raiden. Raiden is Reno. Too funny. He’ll also do a good job regardless.

Rude: Crispin Freeman

Now this is a big surprise. I’m glad Freeman is playing SOMEONE, but Rude? I have no idea what to expect, since he’s never played a black character. But it’s Freeman, so he’ll be awesome no matter what.

Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg

Allen, from Xenosaga. He’s played plenty of arrogant bad boys before (the dude who lost his arm in Samurai Champloo), so it’ll be an easy job.

Loz: Fred Tatasciore

Played the Hulk in the latest Ultimate Avengers DVD. Having watched that recently, I can confirm that Loz is going to be fun to listen to.

Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum

Another surprise. I always thought Blum would make a good Reno, but Vincent? Blum has played plenty of dark characters before, but he usually uses the same voice for all of them. The exception would be Wolf’s Rain’s Darcia though. If he uses his Darcia voice for Vincent, it could work. I really wanted Freeman to do Vincent though.

Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea

Amazing. Cowboy Bebop’s Jet. I would’ve never thought of that. And yet it’s a perfect fit for Barret.

Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly

Also listed way back. I only know him as the hippo from Harvey Birdman.

”Did you get that thing I sent ya?”

Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis

I did a search on imdb, but this guy has been in nothing whatsoever, so I can’t comment.

Red XIII: Liam O'Brien

The only role I’ve seen this guy in is Joachim from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I had a feeling they’d get Red to sound like Blanca from Shadow Hearts 2. Most people thought a Sean Connery type voice would’ve worked, but considering Red’s age, something younger would be more appropriate. This will work.

Reeve: Jamieson Price

The mission announcer guy from Ace Combat 5. It’s a lot deeper than I imagined for Reeve, but it’ll fit.

Tseng: Ryun Yu

I didn’t know Tseng had a speaking role in this movie. And an asian is playing him? This will be interesting.

Elena: Bettina Bush

Sadly, this isn’t Last Exile’s Tatiana, as was listed way back. Too bad, that would’ve been a good voice for Elena. As for this VA, she played Rainbow Brite, which I did watch when I was younger (don’t laugh, I saw plenty of He-Man, Thundercats, GI Joe and Transformers too), but I’m still not sure how she’ll do.

Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek

Didn’t see Nausicaa, so I don’t know.

Denzel: Benjamin Bryan

Ditto for Denzel, but I’m glad they actually got a young boy to play him, instead of a female VA trying to sound like a boy.

Girl: Andrea Bowen

………

Zack: Rick Gomez

Says he was in Sin City (!), but also played Gippal from FFX-2. I really wanted Johnny Yong to play Zack, but Gippal shared the same youthful optimism that Zack had, so he’ll work too.

Sephiroth: George Newbern

Now here’s the biggest surprise of the bunch. Justice League’s Superman as Seph himself. I never would’ve imagined. He also played FFX-2’s Nooj, but that doesn’t help either in picturing Newbern as Sephiroth. He’s never played a bad guy before. But, I have confidence in his talents, so I can’t wait to hear how he handles Sephiroth. It beats Lance Bass any day.

And that’s that. Believe it or not, I’ve thought little of AC lately. I suppose knowing that it’s finally coming helps ease things. I still have a lot of frustration to air out before then, though, especially if it’s true that the reason for the delays was the failed attempts to acquire Mandy Moore in reprising Aerith.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:40 PM #7 of 800
Originally Posted by Enkidu
(Lets hope SOLDIER doesn't get back too soon, or he'll hijack this thread like the other one)

Finally it'll be released. I'm curious to see if it'll get a European release date, probably in a few months as usual. I'm not sure if I'll buy it though, having seen it already. I'm also a bit disappointed by the lack of extras. Sure, I knew that we wouldn't get Last Order, but still, they could have given us a bit more.
I don't think it'll be too long after the US release. Australian retailers have it listed for May 3rd so I'd expect Europe to get it around that time if not before.

Quote:
wanted to be the one to make the new thread, but my validation e-mail took a while. This really should be in media center you know, it's a movie after all.
Well the other 2 or 3 AC threads before the downtime were never moved so I don't see why this has to be in the Media Section considering it's a "sequel" to an RPG title?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Simo; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:42 PM.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:43 PM #8 of 800
Yeah, we usually get it at the same time as Australia, so it looks to be a quick release after all. As for spoilers, since almost the entire board has already seen it, I don't think that it'll be necessary to make a seperate thread, since it'll only get a few posts. I think that it's best to just post in spoiler tags, and mark what kind of information it is

eg: "The man in the weelchair"
[spoiler]

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Peter; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:46 PM #9 of 800
The special features look a bit pants, fair play, but i'll still be buying this and the UMD 'cause i;m a die hard FF fan. I'm just glad that they have official box art and info to go along with the release date. They can't really change their minds now. It'll be interesting to see exactly what they have been doing to it these past 5 odd months.

Cheers B4!
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:58 PM #10 of 800
Originally Posted by Hachifusa
They still haven't said if it will have a dual-audio feature.

I want to be able to watch it in Japanese, damn it.
Yeah there will be both audio tracks to choose from plus on the special features front there will be 11 deleted scenes in total.

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:04 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:04 PM #11 of 800
Well, the European version was kinda confirmed, since some days ago some news sources wrote about the beginning of the German voice recording. Guess that it is going to be released over here, too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:22 PM #12 of 800
I also forgot to mention that Kotobukiya, the company responsible for the AC figures, will be producing alot more FF products this year. On the AC front they'll be releasing smaller scaled versions of Fenrir and Kadaj's motorcycle that'll be apart of their "Mechanical Arts" line including Sister Ray, the Highwind and Continental Circus airship from FFX:

There are also plans to produce a Kadaj figure too. More AC products include miniature weapons from the FF series include Cloud and Sephiroth's swords from AC as well as Squall Leonhart's and Seifer Almasy's Gunblades from FFVIII and Vincent's weapon from Dirge of Cerberus. Lastly there will be 2 sculptures depicting the final battle from AC that can be joined to form the entire scene.

Other FF products from Koto aside from their FFVIII-X Play Arts line include the "Master Creatures" line that consists of summons from FFVII, VIII, IX & X as well as Kefka from FFVI...

Most amazing jew boots
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:26 PM #13 of 800
Whoa, aside from being incomplete, the Kefka ones looks the most amazing, imo.
Oh, and since when did the airship from FFX actually have a name?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:27 PM #14 of 800
Yeah, I forgot about that as well. That Kefka statue in particular looks very nice. I'm also hearing rumors of a Kadaj and Cid figure being made, the former making sense if they're working on his bike. I hope this is the case.

I also wanted to ask you, Simo, about the US Cloud figurine (the one with the good head). I'm browsing around online, trying to find a good deal on the Cloud w/Fenrir package, but I want to make sure that I'm ordering the US edition and not the Japanese one. Is there a seriel number or lettering on the packaging that I could look up to confirm that I'm purchasing the right Cloud? Also, if you find a link that sells it for less than $60, I'd like to see that as well.

Quote:

Come on, I don't remember hijacking the old thread, aside from responding to the constant "why don't you download it" whines. Regardless, I have little to say about the movie now until it comes out. Anything I plan to say before the release will most likely be on my journal anyway (release date rants). I'm not even sure if I'll review it when it comes out.

Double Post:
Quote:
Oh, and since when did the airship from FFX actually have a name?
I thought the same thing. I also thought it was a really stupid name.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 2, 2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:30 PM #15 of 800
Well, you did have the most posts in the old thread by far. Don't take it as an insult though, I have quite a few obsessions of my own.

Wasn't the ship in FFX called the Celsius originally, what kind of a stupid is Continental Circus anyway, reaaaaaaaaaally lame.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:32 PM #16 of 800
Nah, it's cool, I'm aware I went overboard. That's what happens when you delay it for six months. ><

You're right, I think it was called the Celsius. Maybe that's the NA name (much better, as always). They need to make a model of FFVI's airship anyway, it always was my favorite (has that classic feel to it as well as looking cool).

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:35 PM #17 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Yeah, I forgot about that as well. That Kefka statue in particular looks very nice. I'm also hearing rumors of a Kadaj and Cid figure being made, the former making sense if they're working on his bike. I hope this is the case.

I also wanted to ask you, Simo, about the US Cloud figurine (the one with the good head). I'm browsing around online, trying to find a good deal on the Cloud w/Fenrir package, but I want to make sure that I'm ordering the US edition and not the Japanese one. Is there a seriel number or lettering on the packaging that I could look up to confirm that I'm purchasing the right Cloud? Also, if you find a link that sells it for less than $60, I'd like to see that as well.
The Japanese one isn't available outside of the Advent Pieces boxset to my knoweldge and even in there it's packaged in an all black box with the wolf insignia on it and the name of the item. The US release packaging looks like this:

The cheapest I've seen it for though is $59.99 and they're now sold out.

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:37 PM #18 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Nah, it's cool, I'm aware I went overboard. That's what happens when you delay it for six months. ><

You're right, I think it was called the Celsius. Maybe that's the NA name (much better, as always). They need to make a model of FFVI's airship anyway, it always was my favorite (has that classic feel to it as well as looking cool).
The Celsius was the airship in FFX-2. =O

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:38 PM #19 of 800
Okay, thanks. Yeah, even the ones that are $50 end up 60 after $10 shipping. I'm not sure if the price will go down if I wait a while, or the toy will only get scarce.

I've also seen a few japanese auctions on custom figures, like the previously posted Cloud with the swiss army type sword, or with shades. There was also a Tifa with an improved face, with her hair cropped up and her eyes adjusted, and a Sephiroth with a KH-style black wing. I'd like to try and buy the custom sword pieces if anything else.

Quote:
The Celsius was the airship in FFX-2. =O
Darn, I knew that. I guess the FFX one was never named in the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:44 PM #20 of 800
Yeah, that airship was simply nameless... But now that they are naming the model, I wonder why they didn't mention that particular thing in FFX itself.

About the models: The thing that impressed me the most was Cloud's custom-made sword with all its parts. =o Pretty amazing how many cheese knives that thing can suck up... When I watched the film a few months back, I thought that was near impossible to do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:45 PM #21 of 800
Originally Posted by Tequila
Yeah, that airship was simply nameless... But now that they are naming the model, I wonder why they didn't mention that particular thing in FFX itself.

About the models: The thing that impressed me the most was Cloud's custom-made sword with all its parts. =o Pretty amazing how many cheese knives that thing can suck up... When I watched the film a few months back, I thought that was near impossible to do.
Did they actually call the "Ragnarok" by it's name in FFVIII too? It's been so long since I played the game that I can't remember.

Quote:
Okay, thanks. Yeah, even the ones that are $50 end up 60 after $10 shipping. I'm not sure if the price will go down if I wait a while, or the toy will only get scarce.
I can only see it being the latter in all honesty especially with the Cloud only figure coming out soon. The online retailer that had the Fenrir set for $60 sold out pretty quick too.

I'm hoping Hantei comes back soon. I'm hoping he picked up the rest of the AC merchendise like the Sierra.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:12 AM #22 of 800
Simo, I think that it was called ragnarok in the ingame encycplopedia thing. I'm sure it was mentioned at some point.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:15 PM #23 of 800
Ragnarok was indeed mentioned in the game.

Quote:
Esthar Airstation: This is Esthar Airstation.

Squall: (It's...)

Esthar Airstation: Ragnarok, do you read? Ragnarok, do you read!?

Squall: (...a radio signal.)

Esthar Airstation: This is Airstation. Do you copy?

Rinoa hugs Squall's back.

Squall: This ship is the Ragnarok?

Esthar Airstation: Whoa! Is this really the Ragnarok? You're in space,
right?

Squall: Yeah but, I have no idea where we are.

Esthar Airstation: Roger that! We can track you from here.

Squall: (We can go home...?)

Esthar Airstation: Ragnarok... It's been 17 years!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 2, 2006 at 06:24 PM.
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:30 PM #24 of 800
despite my frustration at the delays, i'm still as excited as a little kid for this. most people who've seen it seem satisfied with it and i'm glad i abstained from downloading it.

but there is nearly two months to wait now. it's like september all over again.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:54 PM #25 of 800
Whoa, GFF is back.

Well, everyone's heard the news and cast. Gotta say that I'm really looking forward to hearing how George Newburn will present Sephiroth. Perhaps Superman with a more devious voice? He played the ultimate good guy in JL, and now he's going to be the ultimate bad guy in AC, this should be very interesting.

Flynn as Reno? I'll probably be constantly reminded of Raiden everytime Reno speaks now.

Surprised that Freeman wasn't given the role of Vincent, but nevertheless I think Blum will do an excellent job. As for Billingslea as Barret, sounds like a good match to me, at least from what I heard in Ace Combat 5 (he played Captain Snow).

As for the delay, I've heard rumors that the reason behind it had something to do with Suvari's contract in having to play Aerith in both KH2 and AC.

All in all, definitely an impressive cast list for the movie. I think the dub might actually turn out pretty well, assuming we get some quality performances from Cooke and Suvari.

Originally Posted by Simo
I'm hoping Hantei comes back soon. I'm hoping he picked up the rest of the AC merchendise like the Sierra.
Ahh, unfortunately I never did pick up those 3. I did find them, but I thought that they weren't worth the price so I didn't bother purchasing any of them. If I remembered correctly, the prices were from $35-45, and their scale for them ended up being a lot smaller than I was expecting. I think Bahamut ended up being just a little shorter than Sephiroth (height wise). Anyway, I'll stop by the shop again tomorrow to get better measurements (maybe even purchase one, if the price got lowered).

Also, a while ago I found another custom Cloud figure up for auction at yahoo japan. The auction is closed now, but if I remembered correctly I think the price was 50000 yen. It's a pretty sweet custom job, it came with Cloud's 6 swords (not as nice as the other custom job), Cloud's sword holster pack, shades, and an open frame piece (with slots for the swords) for Fenrir. Here are some sweet images.

Also, referencing to Simo's post, I gotta say the FFX play art figures are looking sweet (as well as the FFVIII figures). Just look at Auron! It looks like you'll be able to adjust his left sleeve to flip between slinged arm (resting) and sleevless arm (battle). Hopefully, there'll be enough flexibility in his figure to allow him to hold the blade in both hands (so we can pull off some sweet poses). A lot better than those 1/6 statues from a few years ago.

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ticle=133&nl=1

Last edited by Hantei; Mar 2, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread