Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:01 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:01 AM #101 of 1496
XD So it's reversed then. Japan-Only PS1 games are getting released in the States, but PS1 ports of American titles aren't! 1 + 1 = 5! >_>; I hope Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth gets over here nonetheless.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:09 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:09 PM #102 of 1496
Hope is such a cute emotion,

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:21 PM #103 of 1496
Seeing as nobody has posted it yet:

Quote:
Kutaragi also announced that Sony is developing an emulator that will allow PSPs to play original PlayStation games. He said the PSone games would be digitally distributed to PSPs, adding ammo to rumors that Sony is planning to distribute classic games much like Microsoft already does with the Xbox 360 and Nintendo will with the Revolution.

Since the PSP's built-in memory is limited, the digital-distribution announcement also seems to lend credence that a second PSP with built-in flash memory is in the works, though Kutaragi did not confirm so explicitly.
How neat is that PSone and some selected PS2 games on your PSP. Although I don't want to pay over the odds to download them from Sony's online service. I'd feel pretty cheated if they force you to buy the new supposed PSP with the 4gb built in flash memory.

FELIPE NO
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:51 PM #104 of 1496
I wouldn't expect anything other than ordinary PSOne game, just printed on UMD instead of a CD. Of course, the silly thing is that I'd buy the best games, even though I have them already. Final Fantasy a-go-go on the train? Yes, please!

Most amazing jew boots

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:56 PM #105 of 1496
Originally Posted by Kilroy
I wouldn't expect anything other than ordinary PSOne game, just printed on UMD instead of a CD. Of course, the silly thing is that I'd buy the best games, even though I have them already. Final Fantasy a-go-go on the train? Yes, please!
Apparently they will not be on UMDs, I read that they will only be downloadable from Sony's new download service when it goes live. But of course nothing is confirmed and you may be right, they may supplement the download service with additional UMD releases.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:06 PM #106 of 1496
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Apparently they will not be on UMDs, I read that they will only be downloadable from Sony's new download service when it goes live. But of course nothing is confirmed and you may be right, they may supplement the download service with additional UMD releases.
If they did this, which could be cool, they have to trust people with games that can be run off Memory sticks (As I can't imagine Sony demanding that people with nostalgia should buy the new PSP). Hackers would very quickly tear those games to threads, to find out what makes them tick, which in turn could benefit homebrew and piracy. Not something I'd say Sony'd do.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:38 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:38 PM #107 of 1496
Originally Posted by Kilroy
If they did this, which could be cool, they have to trust people with games that can be run off Memory sticks (As I can't imagine Sony demanding that people with nostalgia should buy the new PSP). Hackers would very quickly tear those games to threads, to find out what makes them tick, which in turn could benefit homebrew and piracy. Not something I'd say Sony'd do.
I think we can expect a new PSP 3.00 firmware with some brutal encryption and anti piracy mechanisms.

Like I said, most psp owners would be mortified if they had to buy this new supposed 4GB PSP with inbuilt flash memory just to play the PSone games. I'm not forking out another £200, when the PSP was released here 6-7 months ago, so it bloody well play games off a memory stick.

What I'd hate is that if you download the game, you have no hardcopy, and if you delete it, it would suck to have to buy it again. As long as the games were about £2 - £7 a download that would be ideal. Apparently the downloadable arcade games are a big hit on live, so you could see something like this coming.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 15, 2006 at 01:02 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:00 PM #108 of 1496
Hoo hoo!

I just bought Megaman Powered Up and Daxter.

I've only played MMPU and let me tell you: EXTREMELY FUN GAME. The amount of replay on this game looks to be through the roof with a ton of unlockables, characters, and the level editor with online file sharing.

I'll get back to you on Daxter, it looks pretty kickass from the reviews so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:04 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 04:04 PM #109 of 1496
Damnit Jazz -- you always beat me to buying the SAME GAMES for the PSP. I also picked up my copies of Daxter and Megaman Powered Up, and I can't wait to play them!

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:47 PM #110 of 1496
im glad that megaman powered up has this lil storyline so that new megaman fans are able to understand the games a bit more than the classic. other than that, im enjoying this game to its fullest. It got great reviews ,etc. Great Job , Capcom.

edit : as for sony giving us this psx emulator.. i wouldn't mind playing games like Xenogers and Chrono Cross

How ya doing, buddy?
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:00 PM #111 of 1496
Is someone going to rip the music from Megaman Powered Up ?

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:13 PM #112 of 1496
its been out for a while man. i think its somewhere in audio request. look for it there.

Most amazing jew boots
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:19 PM #113 of 1496
I checked. No trace of it.

Most amazing jew boots
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:29 PM #114 of 1496

Quote:
At the same time across the Pacific, Sony Computer Entertainment America announced that it is dropping the US price of the PSP. Starting March 22, gamers will be able to pick up the portable for just $199, versus the $249 Value Pack currently available. But while the Value Pack contains a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a soft case, a remote control, and headphones, the only peripherals mentioned as being in the $199 PSP package are an "AC adaptor and battery," which are also included in the Value Pack.
Oh snaps.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:45 AM #115 of 1496
I bought Megaman Powered Up. But "my" EB didn't have Daxter

I'm currently ripping the music from Exit, a game that I'm the only owner lol

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 03:17 AM #116 of 1496
Looking forward to that "Exit" rip, cubed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 05:44 AM #117 of 1496
Originally Posted by cubed
I checked. No trace of it.
uploaded it .

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...P1AVFZKHR4NHG7

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:24 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 02:24 PM #118 of 1496
Originally Posted by SouthJag
They need to bring Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Eternia to the States. Damnit, why aren't developers bringing this stuff over here! Hell, even Capcom's yet to bring the Megaman Legends ports to the States. ; ;
To be fair, this is the first time Tales of Eternia has been available in any PAL format. I think Sony have finally realised that European gamers like rpgs too...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 04:37 PM #119 of 1496
I love how $199 in the US is €199 in Europe. And americans bitch when they have to pay more than $40 for a new game.

A price drop (of sorts) is welcome, but getting a PSP is still going to be freakishly expensive here, since you'll need a decent memory card and a few games to go along with it.

FELIPE NO

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:27 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:27 PM #120 of 1496
Originally Posted by chato
Ah, thanks chato. I'm downloading it as well.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Qwarky
I love how $199 in the US is €199 in Europe. And americans bitch when they have to pay more than $40 for a new game.

A price drop (of sorts) is welcome, but getting a PSP is still going to be freakishly expensive here, since you'll need a decent memory card and a few games to go along with it.
I'll admit it probably would've been a little more beneficial to include a memory stick with the Core package. At my store, as far as memory sticks go we've only got 256 MB up to 2 GB. Those are kind of expensive.

On the same token though, you can spend $250 to get the system and a bigger memory stick as opposed to a small memory stick and a bunch of useless crap. Well, and spend $4 buying a microfiber cloth.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Mar 16, 2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:24 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:24 PM #121 of 1496
So, I'm planning on buying a PSP. This will blow all the money I have saved but... is it really worth it? I plan on using it at its maximum (emulation, videos, music) but I'm not sure if I should just buy a MP3 player, or something.

My purchase would be a (used) PSP, accesories and 1Gb. Memory stick.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vibrate
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:52 PM #122 of 1496
Originally Posted by Luxo
So, I'm planning on buying a PSP. This will blow all the money I have saved but... is it really worth it? I plan on using it at its maximum (emulation, videos, music) but I'm not sure if I should just buy a MP3 player, or something.

My purchase would be a (used) PSP, accesories and 1Gb. Memory stick.
If it is true that Sony are planning a new PSP with 4GB inbuilt memory and a camera, you could just wait.

Personally I love my PSP partially because its a 1.5 but mostly because of the versitility, I like to do a bit of everything. If you want a PSP just to listen to music, get an MP3 player instead, but if like me you like having the functionality, then by all means.

Alternatively you could put that hard earned cash towards one of the next gen consoles but thats entirely your choice. But remember Sony just announced that they will release an emulator that will allow you to download and play PSone (and limited PS2 titles), on your PSP. And that the PSP will integrate with the PS3's online funtionality. Keep this in mind when making your choice, especially if you plan to get a PS3 somewhere down the line. (Wait to see of they announce a new psp first as they may limit PSone emulation to that new PSP only, not sure.)

But like I said if you just want a PSP just to listen to mp3s most of the time, your better off with an mp3 player.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 16, 2006 at 02:59 PM.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:52 PM #123 of 1496
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
Alternatively you could put that hard earned cash towards one of the next gen consoles but thats entirely your choice. But remember Sony just announced that they will release an emulator that will allow you to download and play PSone (and limited PS2 titles), on your PSP.
That's pretty much a huge orgasm factor when thinking of it.

Quote:
If it is true that Sony are planning a new PSP with 4GB inbuilt memory and a camera, you could just wait.
But odds are that it will come with stronger protections against homebrew/emulators. That's what I'm wary of.

I guess you're right, I'll just wait to see what happens.

Thanks!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vibrate
Sarmentosa
Syklis Green

Member 3294

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:34 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:34 PM #124 of 1496
I just finished Popolocrois - it's a damn fun game. No fancy ass moves or anything else like that - simple and fun.

So outside of Untold Legends what else is coming on the lines of rpg's for the psp? Can anybody comment on Kingdoms of Paradise?

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:54 AM #125 of 1496
Yeah Luxo, you have EXACTLY the same situation that I had a couple of weeks ago. Except that the store owner gave me a 512 MB card for free with it.
I do not regret it yet (even though I'm really hard up for any kind of cash now). Make sure you factor in that you need the money to buy at least one game (haven't checked the sampler disc yet). If you have a wireless router, then you can have fun with the novelty of browsing the net at slower but portable speeds. No more restriction by sitting at the computer!

Popolocrois interested me, but I don't like the sound of no flashy attacks. Would it be comparable to Okage: Shadow King by any chance?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?