Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:22 PM #76 of 738
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
O RLY?

Then why is it that I go "Yeah, I don't think this is good." or "That's really fucking stupid, gg nintendo" I get someone jumping down my throat about it. "YOU DON'T KNOW DON'T JUDGE ASSHOLE STOP TROLLING"

I just assume tht there's an unwritten rule that you can't say anything bad about Nintendo here.
Well, those are rabid fanboys.

Which is why I should be voted for the official GFF Nintendo fanboy.

Excuse me while I try memorize every game EVER released on a Nintendo console's release date.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:26 PM #77 of 738
O RLY?

Then why is it that I go "Yeah, I don't think this is good." or "That's really fucking stupid, gg nintendo" I get someone jumping down my throat about it. "YOU DON'T KNOW DON'T JUDGE ASSHOLE STOP TROLLING"

I just assume tht there's an unwritten rule that you can't say anything bad about Nintendo here.
Even with gff being down for half a month, some things never change.

Is it just me, or do I see scanlines on the DS Lite? Whatever it is, it's ugly. I'd expect to see that on plain backgrounds like the DS menu screen, or a title screen like Sonic Rush has. It's either that, or it's only shown when you're playing the DS Lite on a certain angle, but I don't remember ever seeing my original DS with something like this.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Elixir; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:29 PM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:33 AM #78 of 738
lol what

I only really consider myself as ripping on maybe, at the most, two people about considering buying the thing. The rest has been just telling people they're idiots, because, guess what!, they're idiots.
Well aren't you a snappy little troll now.

Seriously Merv, chill. I would expect more maturity from someone like you. You keep sinking to the same levels as the fanboys you so openly want to detest. Discuss the product or get out of the god damn thread. And don't give that "oh but I guess I'm not allowed to say bad things about Nintendo!". Of course you are. But then why would you bother? The product apparently holds no value to you.

And if you bother (which is fine), why shouldn't people reply to you? But instead of replying with a proper argument of your own, you start calling them names. At least this is the pattern I've been seeing as of late. So, is Crash giving you a hard time at home cause you're younger or something?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:34 PM #79 of 738
lol what

I only really consider myself as ripping on maybe, at the most, two people about considering buying the thing. The rest has been just telling people they're idiots, because, guess what!, they're idiots.
So basically you come in here to tell people who would like to buy a DSlite that they are idiots because you don't want one? Huh. Well okay, sounds like you're toting your bags of reason with an tight grip. Please do continue because you're just making the best argument that you aren't trolling right now.

Originally Posted by YUKTOBANIA
At the same time, it's hilarious how surasshu over there thinks it's completely OK to dismiss Crash's post just because he doesn't want one.
Meh. surasshu will dismiss what he wants and I really don't care. Crash had some legit concerns and as a consumer he has some right to know what he's about to buy. He's someone who actually researches what he spends his cash on. That's very fine. I'm not telling anyone to blindly to buy into anything. I totally recommend that you do that actually. Yet until he has concrete details Crash's post is just speculation and concern which is fine.

Originally Posted by Elixir
Is it just me, or do I see scanlines on the DS Lite? Whatever it is, it's ugly.
Elixir those scanlines are just the result of it being photographed. Go take a picture of your monitor or TV. You'll see some lines depending on the quality of your camera that you don't see when you're actually using them.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:39 PM #80 of 738
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Quote:
So, is Crash giving you a hard time at home cause you're younger or something?

Wow ok. Way to not be a troll there. You go and lambast the guy for absolutely nothing and throw in a snide comment in hopes of baiting him. Looks like the Warp Room has great moderation, here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

#654: Braixen
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:42 AM #81 of 738
why are you here

Most amazing jew boots

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:45 PM #82 of 738
why are you here
I believe the better question here is why are you so gay.

So Merv is trolling, but Akai-chan is totally cool. It's nonsense.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:45 PM #83 of 738
I'm not sure, Tails, but that might have been a joke. Hurr hurr.

Btw, what has Akai done?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:46 AM #84 of 738
Originally Posted by YUKTOBANIA
I believe the better question here is why are you so gay.

So Merv is trolling, but Akai-chan is totally cool. It's nonsense.
Who the hell said anything about Akai-whatever being cool? I'm replying to Merv here =/

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:49 PM #85 of 738
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
I'm not sure, Tails, but that might have been a joke. Hurr hurr.

Btw, what has Akai done?
If I'm not mistaken, Akai was the one who trolled Merv, not the other way around. You are reading the whole thing, right?

It just seems like you two are ganging up on Merv and ignoring everything else and it's only solidifying the whole "Pro Nintendo or Get Out" POV.

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:51 PM #86 of 738
Um where? I must have missed it.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:52 AM #87 of 738
I would have thought it's "Discuss the topic, not the people".

I as referring a bit back as Merv was responding to surashu.
If you paid attention, you might notice I haven't posted in this thread even once. I only posted in reply to Merv's action, as I feel he should know better.

Now, you didn't answer my question.

FELIPE NO

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:52 PM #88 of 738
I shouldn't have to help a moderator read his own thread. There's three or so posts on the previous page.

Most amazing jew boots

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:53 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:53 PM #89 of 738
TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING HANDHELDS.

Not argue or shut people down, talk.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:55 PM #90 of 738
No, Tails, I require clarification. I'm reading it but not seeing it. Also, I believe this thread was started by Elixir.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:55 PM #91 of 738

So, is Crash giving you a hard time at home cause you're younger or something?
You know what? Call me a fucking troll if you like. Fine. I can deal with with it.

But,
1) Don't call me one if you're also going do it yourself.

and,

2) Keep your fucking petty personal attacks out of here. "I would expect more maturity from someone like you."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:01 AM #92 of 738
Honestly, I am just trying to figure out what drives you to come here even though you seem to hate it so much.
You're still allowed to say bad things about Nintendo, no one's denying you of that =/

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:08 PM #93 of 738
I'm still trying to figure out what makes you think you can call me a troll and then troll and personally attack me. It seems as if that's all you came here to do.

I don't need you to tell me that I can say "bad" things about Nintendo. What do you think I've been doing for months now.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:12 AM #94 of 738
Well, you say stuff like this so I felt as a mod I should assure you that's not the case. But since you're already aware of this, there should be no problem then.

I don't know where you got this personal attack thing, I was just asking. Everyone seems to intent on avoiding my questions these days =/

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:38 PM #95 of 738
Are you even serious.

Just admit you threw in a snide comment to try and piss me off. Make it look like "official mod bizness" even though you know Acer could handle this on his own.

FELIPE NO
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:45 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:45 AM #96 of 738
Why on earth would I try to piss you off? The last thing I want is you getting angry at someone in this thread again =/

Seriously, just chill. You don't want a Lite, good. I don't see how that makes other people who want one idiots, even ones who own the previous DS. Just the fact that the thing is smaller and apparently has better battery life seems enough to make people want one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:52 PM #97 of 738
For the sake of bringing this thread back, someone with Lite answer this question: If you don't have a DS would it be worth the extra $$ to get the Lite, or should I go cheaper with the original DS?

Hey, people can hate the Lite if they want. Personally I see no point to the Lite if there's no REAL change to the control interface (touching two places at once, for example).

I see no point to the Lite, but I'm a sucker for that glossy look. Wait till Enamel Blue comes out oh baby!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:57 AM #98 of 738
Since I don't own a DS yet but will need to get one for Children of Mana (among other titles that are already out), I want to try the Lite myself. It seems too small for my hands, but I can only make sure by holding it.

Otherwise what little new features there are seem tempting as the two will cost pretty much the same over here (meaning the old DS probably won't drop in price much). The apparently better battery life and backlight will be worth the extra cost for me, but only if the damn thing isn't too small.

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:21 PM #99 of 738
Too small? The thing that annoys me is that people claimed the DS was too bulky, but now, it's too small? Heh, now that's not something you hear everyday. I could have sworn this was a portable, heh.

Most amazing jew boots
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:41 AM #100 of 738
Originally Posted by Neogin
Too small? The thing that annoys me is that people claimed the DS was too bulky, but now, it's too small? Heh, now that's not something you hear everyday. I could have sworn this was a portable, heh.
Well, I guess it sounds silly, but it IS smaller than a PSP, which is already quite small, or at least the buttons are squeezed quite close together. I have pretty big hands and from the photos, I can sort of imagine the buttons simply being a bit too close together for comfort.
I actually kind of think that for the original DS, too, though it's certainly nothing that seriously hampers my playing. Just slightly further apart would have my preference.

Anyway, those photos make the original DS screen look pretty bad, probably due to the camera auto-adjusting exposure time for the amount of light that the DS lite screen is generating (or, with the daytime pics, the sun). That's how cameras work, basically.

Last edited by surasshu; Mar 5, 2006 at 09:45 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nintendo DS/Lite discussion thread