Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:45 PM #76 of 1450
Yeah, that was the only problem with Nightmare in Dreamland. The original game was intact, but they changed all the mini-games to crap like Air Ride.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:36 PM #77 of 1450
I've still got my NES and a copy of Kirby's Adventure, so no need to purchase that. Kid Icarus, however, I've been waiting to purchase, so I'll download that when I get home. I'll fit in a game sometime between the Jack Bauer Double Power Hours tonight.

I was speaking idiomatically.
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:46 AM #78 of 1450
Originally Posted by kotaki
didn't exactly mean to start a shitstorm of emulator versus virtual console, but the games they've released thus far really don't push me toward a purchase. It isn't that it's not for me or anything like that, but let's compare some releases.

Mario Kart 64 : Many tracks already found on Mario Kart DS, also still horribly easy to whip out the old N64 since most people's aren't dead yet and play that plus other N64 games that the VC doesn't have yet. Good if you don't own a DS or an N64, but most people who stood behind Nintendo this round probably have one or the other.

Super Mario 64 : Redone on the DS, literally no point to even bother with this unless you never played it. If you haven't, and you own a Wii, you need to be shot.

Link to the Past : The favorite game of the other camp filled with those that prefer it over Ocarina of Time. However, you can put down $11 more and get Four Swords Adventure for GC with the multiplayer mini-games and quests or the GBA version.
I think some matters need argued in this post. Mario 64 DS was simply not for everybody. Frankly, I couldn't stomach the controls! I'm very glad they released it in the VC so the people who did not play it the first go around (more than you might think, considering it was the PS1 years) can have a chance to experience it correctly.

As for the rest of the arguments regarding the games being released on handhelds before the VC, all I can say is...the GBA has a small screen and shitty sound production. With the VC you can get the authentic old timey experience without the old timey hassle of breaking cartridges and cramped space.

So THAT'S why we see these re-releases. Also, Kirby's Adventure is more nostalgic when it has the old 8-bit graphics and music. If you had played Kirby's Adventure as a younger kid like me, you'd understand, and I pity you if you haven't!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Returned
Azreous
A Xillian Graces

Member 19757

Level 3.83

Feb 2007

Old Feb 17, 2007, 04:49 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 02:49 PM #79 of 1450
Now, here's an example of a game that NEEDS to be released.

Super Metroid : There is no other way to play this at ALL at the present other than emulation, and playing it in HDTV + Component glory with surround sound systems would be GODLY. I would easily throw down 800 points for this.
Couldn't agree with you more. This is something that's just dying for a re-release, and it without a doubt the title I'm waiting for the most on VC. Snagging titles like Mario World and Kirby's Adventure is nice and all, but it doesn't have quite the same effect. (Although Contra III was a decent pickup, since that's much harder to control on a keyboard with an emulator.)

I understand Nintendo's business angle on this, spacing out titles to avoid creating an oversaturated market, but the very least they could do is at least toss out a big title each week, along with the Ice Hockeys and Gain Grounds of the world.

FELIPE NO

A podcast and blog about love and hate, chaos and harmony, and three semi-attractive young men.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 09:32 AM #80 of 1450
I dunno if it's still being updated, but:

Quote:
February 19 Wii Virtual Console Lineup Releases Include Four Titles
Written by Rivithed
Monday, 19 February 2007
Four new classic titles are available from the Wii Shop from Nintendo today.

Donkey Kong™ Country (Super NES®, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Donkey Kong Country is an incredible island adventure, and the first game to feature Donkey Kong's sidekick, Diddy Kong®. Challenged by the crazed tribe of reptilian Kremlings, the Kongs face their cunning adversaries armed with lightning-quick moves, chest-pounding muscle and awesome aerial acrobatics. The duo also gets help from a host of friends and family, from Funky Kong™, Cranky Kong™ and Candy Kong™ to Rambi™ the rhino, Expresso™ the ostrich, Enguarde™ the swordfish, Squawks the parrot and Winky the frog. This game has more than 30 levels, plus dozens of hidden caves and secret rooms - more than 100 areas in all. Help the Kongs recover their stolen banana hoard!

The Legend of Kage (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): This classic ninja-action game first appeared in arcades in 1985 and became instantly popular. As the Iga ninja named "Kage," players embark on an action-packed quest as they move toward a magic castle where the Princess "Kiri" is held captive by "Yohshirou Yukikusa." To stay alive, players move vertically and horizontally through forest and castle environments and execute massive jumps, all the while using throwing-star knives and a sword to take down hordes of enemies.

New Adventure Island (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): On peaceful Adventure Island, the islanders are celebrating the wedding of Master Higgins and Tina, the "Miss Island Queen." Suddenly, the celebration is interrupted by the appearance of Baron Bronsky and his henchmen, who kidnap Tina and the island children. Master Higgins must set out to rescue the children and his beloved Tina in this side-scrolling action game. Throw hatchets and boomerangs, hop on skateboards and guide Master Higgins safely to the goal in each area. New Adventure Island consists of seven exciting stages. Each stage is split into four areas, with a boss waiting at the end of the final area. Defeat all the bosses and release the kidnapped children. And waiting in the castle of the final stage - the wicked Baron Bronsky. Help Master Higgins defeat him and reclaim his bride.

Streets of Rage™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): The city was once a happy, peaceful place...until one day, a powerful secret criminal organization took over. This vicious syndicate soon had control of the government and even the police force. The city has become a center of violence and crime where no one is safe. Amid this turmoil, a group of determined young police officers has sworn to clean up the city. Among them are Adam Hunter, Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding. They've decided to put their lives on the line and take back their city through their special hand-to-hand combat abilities. They are willing to risk anything, even their lives, on the Streets of Rage.
Source

How ya doing, buddy?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 01:09 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 01:09 PM #81 of 1450
Sweet! Streets of fucking Rage!!! I love that game. Now if they'd just come out with Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG (my cart for the snes is fucked).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Azreous
A Xillian Graces

Member 19757

Level 3.83

Feb 2007

Old Feb 19, 2007, 04:19 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 02:19 PM #82 of 1450
Streets of Rage and Donkey Kong Country. Not a bad week at all.

How ya doing, buddy?

A podcast and blog about love and hate, chaos and harmony, and three semi-attractive young men.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 05:21 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 03:21 PM #83 of 1450
The releases have been pretty strong the past few weeks. Hopefully this is trend continues next week with an RPG or two.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:23 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 10:23 AM #84 of 1450
DKCountry?!?!

I've gotta get that game. It's as fun as a barrel of monkeys! LITERALLY!

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:36 AM #85 of 1450
No new games, but this might be an eyeopener. Only good for Japanese Virtual Consoles though:

Quote:
Nintendo are expanding their Wii Virtual console by adding two new formats to the existing ones. Games for the NEO GEO and MSX formats will be available for download this Spring in Japan. Currently, Nintendo haven't confirmed whether the formats will be available in the US, UK or Europe.

According to the Japanese Nintendo site, the first two games made available will be Eggy and Aleste.

Amongst those games that we could be looking forward to are the Fatal Fury series, Metal Slug and Neo Bomberman on NEO GEO and Metal Gear, Dragon's Quest and Final Fantasy for the MSX.
Source

EDIT: Announced by Sega for Virtual Console:

Quote:
Since the very start, Sega has been one of Nintendo’s biggest supporters in regards to the Wii Virtual Console. Every week one or two classic Sega Genesis titles become available for gamers to download for 800 Wii Points, equivalent to $8. While Nintendo has been rather shy in announcing what titles are coming, Sega has been more than forthcoming given they can’t specify release dates.

Today, Sega has given us notice of four more Sega Genesis titles coming to the Wii: Sword of Vermilion, Vectorman, Sonic Spinball and Beyond Oasis. To refresh your memory, here are Sega’s descriptions for all four Wii Virtual Console titles.

Sword of Vermilion
When the evil wizard-king, Tsarkon, invaded Excalabria, King Erik V had no choice but to turn his infant son over to his most trusted warrior, Blade. As his castle burned, King Erik hurriedly gave Blade an ancient family heirloom, the Ring of Wisdom, and asked him to leave at once in the hopes that the young heir to the throne would survive. Blade raised Erik VI as his own, knowing one day the prince would fulfill the prophecy of the Malaga fortune tellers. Now, eighteen years later, Erik VI returns to Excalabria to avenge his father's death and reclaim the kingdom.

Vectorman

In the year 2049, mankind is forced to abandon an over-polluted Earth to seek out other planets for colonization while the mechanized Orbots stay behind to clean up the mess. When the Orbot leader, WarHead, starts blowing a few circuits and a war among the mechanical brethren, a sludge barge pilot named Vectorman is the only one willing to step up and fight him. You'll morph into a speeding train, a power drill, a mechanical fish, or a mighty dune buggy in this warfare adventure. Equip yourself with weapons, pick up morphs and power-ups to defeat WarHead and restore peace on Earth.

Sonic Spinball
With his Veg-O-Fortress built high up on an active volcano, Dr. Eggman is turning all the cute, furry creatures of Planet Mobius into robot slaves! Sonic and Tails rush to save the animals and quickly discover the only way to stop the mechanizing madness is to trigger a volcanic eruption. Sonic knows this can be done by removing the Chaos Emeralds that keep the volcano stable. However, Dr. Eggman is also aware of the fragile relationship that exists between the Emeralds and the mountain, and he's set up an elaborate Pinball Defense System to make sure the precious jewels don't go anywhere.

Beyond Oasis
You are the young Prince Ali in a desperate fight to defeat the evil that is threatening your island empire, Oasis. Long ago, a war raged between a wicked sorcerer who used a silver "armlet" to unleash destruction on the island and a wizard who defied him with a gold armlet that could summon four powerful spirits. Both armlets had been lost until recently when someone unearthed the silver band and began using it for their evil gain. Just when you think all is lost, you discover the precious gold armlet and finally have the power to combat the wearer of the silver band…but can you stop them in time?
Source

And for the Euro Gamers out there:

Quote:
They’ve done it.

Nintendo have given Wii-mote swinging European gamers what they want – The Ocarina of Time.

Starting today, for 1000 Wii points, Euro Hyrule-ites can revisit the game referred to by many as “The Greatest Game of the 20th Century”: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Having sold over 7.6 million copies globally since making its debut on the Nintendo 64 console in 1998, is making a welcome return on the Virtual Console.
Source

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request

Last edited by Omnislash124; Feb 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:24 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 12:24 PM #86 of 1450
NEO-GEO!

Fuck America, I'm going to Japan, getting a Wii there, and scoring with some hot Japanese chick.

Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:53 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 05:53 PM #87 of 1450
Yep, the MSX is ye olde news, but the Neo Geo is really surprising, the only problem is that now the VC is really crying for netplay support... i mean, with Neo Geo games on my hands for Wii, cant wait for online matches in KOF, Last Blade and Samurai Shodown (and Breakers Revenge, but i know that game will never be released), but oh well, thats just a dream.

FELIPE NO

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:04 PM #88 of 1450
Im not even up for gettng Ocarina of Time. Not only do I love it so much but I also don't want this to be the 10th time I'm getting it. Seriously, I played it for all different types of systems. I'd rather have Sword of Vermillion. BRING IN TERRANIGMA DAMNIT!

As for Neo Geo, I hope to god they aren't just going to bring in those...Out-dated games t hey had back then. I can live with some one-time only adventure games but not that. I already have Metal Slug Anthology so there's no point .

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:33 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 01:33 PM #89 of 1450
Ocarina of Time was one of those "play it while everyone else is" games. You had to be there to enjoy it. I was, but I don't think I'll be able to sit through the water temple again. That shit was annoying.

And besides, I already have the gold cartridge as well as the game on Gamecube. I don't want it a third time.

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:40 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 04:40 PM #90 of 1450
Yeah I already have two original cartridges, the masters quest, and collectors edition for Game cube. I really don't need to buy it again. I'm still waiting for Tetris Attack.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:42 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 07:42 PM #91 of 1450
Believe it or not, but by the time I can get it here in the States, my VC might be full.

Prons
Syklis Green

Member 19963

Level 7.40

Feb 2007

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:00 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 07:00 PM #92 of 1450
Anyone else excited for the Neo Geo? I sure hope it hits here in America.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:01 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 08:01 PM #93 of 1450
Nice additions recently to VC. I might actually pick up DKC - I'll have to see. I have a DKC2 SNES cart and I didn't really "feel" DCK3 when I played it. However, we spent quite a bit of time in college playing DKC 1 week when we rented it. I remember it was a barrel of laughs as I would always hold down the run button and blast through the stages at break-neck speed, causing my roommates much distress lol...

Games like DKC are what VC was made for. This game still holds up fine today as far as graphics/gameplay: it's just plain fun. Anyone could pick it up and play it, which goes along with the philosophy of the Wii...

Anyone else excited for the Neo Geo? I sure hope it hits here in America.
I would purchase Samurai Showdown 1 & 2 for sure; it's a given. God, SS2 was the only fighting game in which I could beat up on our Japanese exchange student friend in college. (I used the guy with the stone pillar.) Good times!

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Last edited by speculative; Feb 23, 2007 at 09:04 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:17 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 12:17 PM #94 of 1450
And God said, let there be the one of the greatest games ever on the Virtual Console, and so, Ocarina of Time has come.

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:24 PM #95 of 1450
And for most diligent Zelda fans there was a great shrugging of shoulders for they had already received A Link to the Past weeks ago.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:39 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 06:39 PM #96 of 1450
And for most diligent Zelda fans there was a great shrugging of shoulders for they had already received A Link to the Past weeks ago.
Needs more Super Mario RPG and less Zelda.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:08 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 05:08 PM #97 of 1450
This week was kind of weak for me as far as VC releases go...I guess part of that is the fact that I already have Ocarina of Time for game cube.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 10:31 PM #98 of 1450
I said one of the greatest. And yes, I got Link to the Past and not Ocarina of Time.

*molests LttP*

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 01:39 AM #99 of 1450
Just a fair warning: Ocarina of Time seems to glitch out a bit when you pause the game and go to the item menu. It...seems to stop the game for just a split second. If no one else seems to have this problem, tell me so I can download this again. -_-;;

I really hope the Neo Geo makes it over here in the States. I would love to download my favorite fighters, like Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7 and Last Blade 2. That'd put the VC way ahead of the XBOX Live Arcade in my book, despite the lack of online play.

Old Feb 27, 2007, 09:55 AM #100 of 1450
I said one of the greatest. And yes, I got Link to the Past and not Ocarina of Time.

*molests LttP*
That wasn't my point.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007