Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Jagged
Chocobo

Member 752

Level 9.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:10 PM #26 of 4284
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Here's a nice scan of some Airships:

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up91618.jpg

And some information on what's on that page:
Spoiler:

The old summons are now airships. Atomos from FF9, Ifrit, and Leviathan are on the front page, from top to bottom. Atmos is a small sized fighter with low attacking abilities. Ifrit is the main attack ship for the empire, found in all parts of the world. Leviathan is a high performance battleship.

The new El Cid, has already been described above. He's the dude at the bottom of the page - Sphere
From Duckroll at GAF

Quote:
That's Arushido/El Cid/Al Cid/Whatever-his-name-is. He's a young man belonging to the Malgaras family that rules the Rosalia Empire. Although the two empires are at war and Vayne sees him as an enemy, he seems to be pretty friendly with Larsa.
Here is the Full Syphonic Poem "Hope" CD with all 5 movements included.

http://files.filefront.com/FFXII___S.../fileinfo.html

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Jagged; Mar 3, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:18 PM #27 of 4284
Thanks Jagged, I forgot to put up duck's description of him, since what I quoted was srider's overview of that scan.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:00 AM #28 of 4284
Unfortunately, I don't have RAR. I only can get them on ZIPPED form

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jagged
Chocobo

Member 752

Level 9.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:04 PM #29 of 4284
Go here then:

http://www.ffxii.us/news/030306.php

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:23 PM #30 of 4284
New information and scans make me happy!

I love the airships, especially Ifrit and Leviathan. The new battle info and Clan System sounds ace!

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:06 PM #32 of 4284
Along with the movie scenes. We also at least get a breath of fresh from having those random encounters lol.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:49 PM #33 of 4284
Odds are that I'll be ordering an import copy come the 14th. I could care less of the story, I'm just all the curious to see whether or not it was worth such the wait (surprisingly Kingdom Hearts II was).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:20 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:20 PM #34 of 4284
Well, if you enjoy a good war related story. Then this new sequel would be for you. Otherwise, you shouldn't try it if your not as much of a war fan.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:11 AM #35 of 4284
I just saw the scan of the new Cid. I love it, it has that Jack Sparrow feel to him.

I hear there won't be widescreen support. Is this confirmed? If it is, it's a major dissapointment.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:59 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:59 PM #36 of 4284
Yeah, no widescreen or prog scan. WTF, Square; get with the times. :\

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:15 AM #37 of 4284
Think there's a chance the US version might have one or the other, or is it not even worth hoping for? If I had to choose, I'd pick the widescreen, since the visuals seem high res enough.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:47 AM #38 of 4284
None... though if it was one or the other, it'd probably be 16:9 support over 480p. I'd rather it be unstretched on my set than progressive.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:08 AM #39 of 4284
This is just bullshit. They've had plenty of time (and then some) to implement both progressive scan and widescreen in their game. The only reason they don't have either is laziness. Dragon Quest VIII has widescreen, and looks beautiful because of it.

FELIPE NO
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:20 AM #40 of 4284
Yay, soon soon soon. I have the import preordered, looking forward to spending quality time with a new Final Fantasy game.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:14 AM #41 of 4284
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
This is just bullshit. They've had plenty of time (and then some) to implement both progressive scan and widescreen in their game. The only reason they don't have either is laziness. Dragon Quest VIII has widescreen, and looks beautiful because of it.
Ouch man, though you have a point. FF, on average, reaches far more gamers than DQ so why not put in the extra effort? The game's already oozing with it, and it's plain to see it's not another thrown together mess like FFX-2 or FFXI.

But like I said before, if we get any kind of "bonuses" (however unlikely that may be) over the Japanese one, it'll probably be widescreen support.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:35 AM #42 of 4284
I'm not positive myself, but I'm told the japanese DQVIII didn't have widescreen support. So maybe there's still hope for the US after all.

I don't want to get into a thing on defending FFX-2, but I will fight you tooth and nail over FFXI. I've been playing it since 2004, and it's probably the only game where I make sure to get on every single day. It bugs me whenever sites call FFXII the last "true" FF since FFX (though that is partly true) while failing to mention that FFXI has some of the best writing ever seen in the series.

Double Post:
Oh, and has it been mentioned if the music has improved in quality since the demo, or how many songs are orchestral? The demo music was good, of course, but after orchestral masterpieces like DQVIII and Shadow of the Colossus, I long for the day when SE drops the midi track and gives the FF series the fully orchestral treatment. DQVIII alone proved that an orchestral soundtrack can work smoothly in an RPG, despite the constant excuses Square gives.

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 4, 2006 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:51 AM #43 of 4284
I'm not positive myself, but I'm told the japanese DQVIII didn't have widescreen support. So maybe there's still hope for the US after all.
Hmm, so there may be hope after all. Sounds good, and hopefully I can find more folks to verify and confirm this.

Quote:
I don't want to get into a thing on defending FFX-2, but I will fight you tooth and nail over FFXI. I've been playing it since 2004, and it's probably the only game where I make sure to get on every single day. It bugs me whenever sites call FFXII the last "true" FF since FFX (though that is partly true) while failing to mention that FFXI has some of the best writing ever seen in the series.
I don't know, it's an MMORPG, that's why. FFs are typically known for being epic JRPGs that have some recurring themes and elements (Cid, Chocobos, Moogles, Summons, etc) that are single player. If it's as good as you say, maybe all it needed was to be offline to be considered a "true" FF.

Quote:
Double Post:
Oh, and has it been mentioned if the music has improved in quality since the demo, or how many songs are orchestral? The demo music was good, of course, but after orchestral masterpieces like DQVIII and Shadow of the Colossus, I long for the day when SE drops the midi track and gives the FF series the fully orchestral treatment. DQVIII alone proved that an orchestral soundtrack can work smoothly in an RPG, despite the constant excuses Square gives.
You know what? While DQVIII's soundtrack was nice, it suffered quite a bit in places where synthesized instruments or what not could've been used to drive home the scene. The boss themes were an example of this, and how they lacked the oomph they were so close in reaching.

FFT's music was damn nice, and if FFXII even comes close to that, I'll be happy (orchestral or not).

GFFMaNiA
Monster Hunter

Member 979

Level 1.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:56 PM #44 of 4284
Magazine Scans

Pic 01
Pic 02
Pic 03
Pic 04
Pic 05
Pic 06

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:33 AM #45 of 4284
Double Post:
How is that up to SE though? I'd imagine the use of synths over a full orchestra is the decision of the composer to which he/she is more comfortable with not to mention time and budget retraints?

I've enjoyed Sakimoto's previous work and to be honest I haven't really heard a bad track or example of his material for FFXII yet. It seems like he went all out for FFXII too by composing around 130 tracks with over a 100 of which will appear in the game. FFXII could be his best work yet.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:00 PM #46 of 4284
Quote:
If that's true, then it probably isn't true widescreen in DQVIII, just a stretched image. I'd take it over nothing though.

Just saw that Hope trailer for the first time. SOOO good. I want this game NOW.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FOXDIE
Carob Nut

Member 1746

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:25 PM #47 of 4284
I am not excited at all. -_-

I just want that soundtrack with the limited edition box...

4 CDs of Sakimoto...

That's it.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:31 PM #48 of 4284
Originally Posted by Motsy
If that's true, then it probably isn't true widescreen in DQVIII, just a stretched image. I'd take it over nothing though.

Just saw that Hope trailer for the first time. SOOO good. I want this game NOW.
Yeah, there's a ton of great new footage in the trailer which only gets me more excited for the game even though it's not due here until...what, August? "Symphonic Poem: Hope" was good too.

BTW I updated my first post to make it alot better and little more like an "official" thread so I included character and race biographies from various official sources like the site, Famitsu etc. So the spoilers are minimum unless you've been dark on the game since 2003...

Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:26 AM #49 of 4284
Awsome FFXII potion drink ad!

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/web/se...d=b&player=wmt

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:50 AM #50 of 4284
Originally Posted by Technophile
Love that commercial. It was already posted on the first page but it's worth posting again for those that missed it.

I guess NCSX actually has the drink for order but it's like $12.50 a bottle...

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII