Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:04 PM #76 of 210
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
No problem. I didn't stare when I met some of their parents, so in conversation I can definitely be cool with it. Although I still try to avoid looking if I were to pass by a couple on the street, because I think that might be rude of me to glance and smile.
I know what you mean by that. I grew was raised in a town where I only saw about three people at most that were not white/Cherocausian (most still claimed to be white though since it was the most prominent). When I first went to college, that was probably the first time I ever saw more than two African Americans in a town or more than one Asian at a school. However, I seriously don't know how to react when I see an African American/Caucasian couple b/c I know people who were jumped on for watching a couple passing them by. I also have a friend who was jumped on by an African American woman when she looked away as she walked passed a different African American/Caucasian couple. I know it's probably just this region, but I get very nervous about the situation since most of the African American women I hear in class think that the entire school is racist (even though they get more perks due to the college's belife in quotas, and that was told to my class by a faculty member with tenure).

With other interracial couples (including those with African American males and Caucasian females) I either walk casually by or sometimes I will smile and nod if I'm in a very good mood.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 01:28 AM #77 of 210
I'm only really attracted to white chicks and I'm japanese. This is gonna probably sound weird but I just don't find other japanese girls (or asian girls in general) hot. I dunno why, maybe it's because I'm around too many asians when I get dragged to some party my parents are invited to or some other event.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:16 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 11:16 AM #78 of 210
I'm amazed this is still an issue worth talking about. Why the hell should I, or anyone else, care who someone else wants to screw? Why should I care who they want to get married to? As long as the other person is capable of giving an informed consent to those things, and is a legal adult, it's something that seems to me like it should only matter to those involved.

It's all about your taste. Whoever you're attracted to (within the aforementioned limits) go for it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kissey
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6927

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:50 AM #79 of 210
Hey everyone, interesting thread here! I have a pretty unique situation, which receives pretty unique attention. BF/AM engaged couple and we get the most obnoxious and rude attention from....WHITE PEOPLE?!?!?! I really don't understand this and would love to! Black and Asian people do not act out like White people do and it's quite annoying!

Looking for a white suit for my fiance for our wedding we were out in the mall and I mean some of the White gay sales people were being rude to us, trying to ignore us, and didn't even want to help us. Then some White sales girl would come and help and would find out the suit is for our wedding and then comes all of the uncomfortability and unbelievable staring...lmao.

I really don't understand this... I'm not with a White man... he's not with a White female?? WTF?? Just don't get it... maybe it's because my Asian fiance is 6'4" and I'm 5'9" or maybe it's because we've been accused of being a striking couple by people we know. Asian and Black people have been the damn sweetest. Can anyone give me a break down on how our relationship "bothers" White people so much?? I hope I didn't offend anyone by my post either, but I'd like to try and get a better understanding of this strange reaction!

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:54 AM #80 of 210
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Basically I think it like this: If you can make it work, more power to you. There isn't anything wrong with interracial marriage at all. We're all human.

However, many marriages like this just don't work out at all due to cultural differences. Basically, just be careful if you are involved in a relationship like this.
Do you define culture by what music you listen to? Because, uh, um.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:55 PM #81 of 210
It should come across to people as natural as two whites or two blacks in a relationship, humans are humans no matter what color and by disbelieving in interracial relationships it just a waste of time to worry about when in reality down generations of a family tree i can guess that almost all humans have an ancestor that had an interracial relationship and stopping it now won't do anything but cause people to do it more. If people would accept it then it wouldn't be as big of a problem because it would become so natural that people wouldn't even turn a head in the direction of an Asian and African American walking together holding hands [sorry, just wanted to use a different example other than white and black couples, i love Asians too ]

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
Kissey
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6927

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:56 AM #82 of 210
Originally Posted by NaklsonofNakkl
If people would accept it then it wouldn't be as big of a problem because it would become so natural that people wouldn't even turn a head in the direction of an Asian and African American walking together holding hands [sorry, just wanted to use a different example other than white and black couples, i love Asians too ]
I'm glad you did! lol... it's rare, but we do exist

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:56 AM #83 of 210
Originally Posted by Kissey
Hey everyone, interesting thread here! I have a pretty unique situation, which receives pretty unique attention. BF/AM engaged couple and we get the most obnoxious and rude attention from....WHITE PEOPLE?!?!?! I really don't understand this and would love to! Black and Asian people do not act out like White people do and it's quite annoying!
It's because white people are dicks. At least, the ones that're being assholes to you.

There's also the fact that, I bet, most white people you come in contact with aren't rude, but most of the people who are rude to you are white, and so the pattern arises that white people are being dicks where no one else is.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:04 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:04 PM #84 of 210
I'm glad you did! lol... it's rare, but we do exist
Well, it is just funny to me how people only believe that Whites and Blacks are the only interracial couples in the world just because of the whole civil war thing which can be unfair and sometimes in benefit to Asian ethnicity's because Asians are not looked down upon as much in the media for interracial influences because they are, like you said, rare. But that is what makes it better right? That although it is rare, it doesn't mean that it is non-existent!

Originally Posted by GRUN-3
It's because white people are dicks. At least, the ones they're being assholes to you.

There's also the fact that, I bet, most white people you come in contact with aren't rude, but most of the people who are rude to you are white, and so the pattern arises that white people are being dicks where no one else is.
Although in reality i should take that offensively i know it is true, i once was told that although nice white people are rare it is because "the quiet kindness of gentlemen is often overshadowed by the loud boastings of opportunistic womanizers." than again, at the rate most males are becoming we for some reason are confined to being so caught up in how untouchable the white skin color is that we are blinded by the fact that whites will not really be the victors in the skin race because of this blindfold. Which in my case is ok because i dropped out of the competition long ago, now i just sit back and cheer on the minority's of the games in hopes that i can change the minds of those sitting around me and cause a chain reaction that will revolutionize the way people look at others. It is a Dream, not a wish.

Last edited by NaklsonofNakkl; May 17, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
Kissey

Member 6927

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:07 AM #85 of 210
It's because white people are dicks. At least, the ones that're being assholes to you.

You're right they are some of the nicest at times, but most are of the older generation. Mainly these younger ones ... late teens to early 30's are being the rude or snooty ones. The older ones seem fascinated and want to start conversations with us often times... we like that

I feel like come talk... don't stare and then give a snobby look at us. We are friendly and nice to talk to, but it seems that they'd like to judge for whatever reason. Maybe I'm ranting tonight...lol Was at the mall today looking for that jacket...lol!

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:10 AM #86 of 210
Huh, that's surprising. Every time I hear 'white asshole being racist' stories, it's always an older person.

Bummer for you guys.

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:14 PM #87 of 210
You're right they are some of the nicest at times, but most are of the older generation. Mainly these younger ones ... late teens to early 30's are being the rude or snooty ones. The older ones seem fascinated and want to start conversations with us often times... we like that

I feel like come talk... don't stare and then give a snobby look at us. We are friendly and nice to talk to, but it seems that they'd like to judge for whatever reason. Maybe I'm ranting tonight...lol Was at the mall today looking for that jacket...lol!
It is because the older have lived threw a time when interracial couples were so rare they thought it was a myth, the new generation are so caught up in minor racism that they do not see how interesting and encouraging you and your husband are to the others out there who are too afraid of what others think to pursue how they really feel. In the sad retrospect of it all you cannot stop people from staring, but you can laugh knowing that they will one day be looked snooty upon because they aren't in an interracial relationship

Most amazing jew boots

Kissey

Member 6927

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:24 AM #88 of 210
It is because the older have lived threw a time when interracial couples were so rare they thought it was a myth, the new generation are so caught up in minor racism that they do not see how interesting and encouraging you and your husband are to the others out there who are too afraid of what others think to pursue how they really feel. In the sad retrospect of it all you cannot stop people from staring, but you can laugh knowing that they will one day be looked snooty upon because they aren't in an interracial relationship
I like your rationale! You have such a positive outlook just like he does. All of this stuff rolls right off of him too, I'm the one that gets annoyed and wants to go into analyzing everything. Funny thing is that the subtle rudeness from other people pulls me closer to him. I guess in time I will laugh to myself just as you say... I will work on that!

NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:29 PM #89 of 210
I like your rationale! You have such a positive outlook just like he does. All of this stuff rolls right off of him too, I'm the one that gets annoyed and wants to go into analyzing everything. Funny thing is that the subtle rudeness from other people pulls me closer to him. I guess in time I will laugh to myself just as you say... I will work on that!
That is good to hear, i mean, it may seem weird to some people but when i am walking down the street or in a mall i always tend to smile when i see interracial couples together and although they are kinda confused inside i know why i am smiling and in turns i hope that just one smile from seeing them together in public can help make all those snooty looks seem like a whisper in the wind! I like how you say that the more rudeness that people exert the closer you get to him which shows that you don't care about what others think and you are putting your heart before your mind which shows how much you really care about him

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:33 AM #90 of 210
Do you define culture by what music you listen to? Because, uh, um.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=culture

Are you just TRYING to find ways to bitch at people, because that was pathetically lame.

Why on earth would I have been talking about music? Where on earth did I even HINT at that?

Since when does culture = music? Music is a very small PART of culture.

------------------------------------

My point being, in recap, that while I have no problem whatsoever with interracial marriages (i'm clueless as to why this is even an issue), that in addition to the other problems/conflicts that newly weds often have, you have cultural differences to deal with, which is an added stressor.

I'd actually prefer to see more interracial marriages as I think they spawn more tolerance & less racism, and help blend cultures together, bringing new things.

Wow, that sounded terribly cheesy. =/

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 17, 2006 at 01:37 AM.
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:49 PM #91 of 210
Okay, i see your point, sorry.

And although it may have sounded cheesy it is true, racism has only lasted this long because parents continue to teach it to their children, and with more interracial parents agreeing with integration and all people are equal it will eventually cause the youth of tomorrow to believe that interracial relationships are nothing more than normal, at which they really already are.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:08 AM #92 of 210
Okay, i see your point, sorry.

And although it may have sounded cheesy it is true, racism has only lasted this long because parents continue to teach it to their children, and with more interracial parents agreeing with integration and all people are equal it will eventually cause the youth of tomorrow to believe that interracial relationships are nothing more than normal, at which they really already are.
Definitely. I can see the racism lessening even in my own family. None of my family is really like...eh, hating racist? if you know what i mean? but its just what they grew up with and what they knew. Now its down to me and while I still do tend to make pre judgements based on race, i dont see it as evident in me as i do in earlier generations of my family. Interracial marriages/relationships do kind of make me turn my head still, because they are still something outside of the norm (at least in my area, and I've noticed this even becoming less so), but i could definitely see that within the next generation it wouldn't even make someone blink an eye.

But yeah, praise the Lord these sorts of things are being worked out of America's society.

FGSFDS!!!
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 11:23 PM #93 of 210
true, but if this continues to become an issue (at which it is not so much as before) would you think it would be right for people to protest about this display of affection in public? I mean, in all honesty, i would just be on the side for equality but what about those who refuse to let their hate for other colors die down and continue to teach children, grandchildren and so forth about the ways of racism? I am sure that eventually yes, interracial relationships will be nothing more than a typical male and a typical woman dating but how long is eventually?

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:08 AM #94 of 210
Well, quite frankly, I believe racism, as wrong as it is, falls under the protections of the first amendment. If it is a harassment issue, then sure, that has to be put a stop to, but you really can't stop racism, even if you do try to legally censor it.

FGSFDS!!!
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:11 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:11 AM #95 of 210
True, but if we can kill eachother over racisum it is fair to say that we are trying to do more than just censor it, we are willing to kill one another to make sure that we either live by the word or outcast it from the english language, in the end, both sides won...so who is to say that it will not happen again, as unlikely as it sounds.

FELIPE NO

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:19 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:19 AM #96 of 210
Wooah I don't know what is up where you guys live but I'm about to marry a Chinese immigrant and I have gotten no problems from any of my friend. Her family came here when she was 11 so she has an accent. My family has given me nothing but support in my decision, her family on the other hand is a very conservative Chinese family so there has been some resistance from them. They like me so it hasn't caused too many problems. Most of their objects came from financial and age concerns, however once they realized that we were not going to bend by their pressure they supported our decision.

I do notice that we get stared at a lot while out walking around. Then again it might have to do with the fact that I am a foot taller than her :P

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:32 AM #97 of 210
Why on earth would I have been talking about music? Where on earth did I even HINT at that?
Well, there's not a whole lot of cultural difference between two folks who live close together.

The only way I can see you thinking that different races have entirely different cultures in the same country, where these races aren't actively at war or segregated, is if you think culture is determined by musical taste and how you dress.

Darky please.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:28 AM #98 of 210
Well, there's not a whole lot of cultural difference between two folks who live close together.
we are talking about relationships/newly weds. Yes over time this will obviously disappear/spouse will get used to it.

Quote:
The only way I can see you thinking that different races have entirely different cultures in the same country, where these races aren't actively at war or segregated, is if you think culture is determined by musical taste and how you dress.

Darky please.
Get out in the real world, open your eyes a bit. There's cultural differences that go with being of a different race, yes, even in this 'melting pot' you call the United States. I beg you to find anybody else that will say otherwise.

And I didn't say entirely different cultures. Maybe your problem is interpreting my words to mean something they never actually said.

But whatever =/

FGSFDS!!!
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:34 AM #99 of 210
isn't that what makes 'culture'? I mean, sure not all races are going to be different culturally but it doesn't mean they are all the same. I don't believe that DarkLink is trying to say that Music and Clothes are what makes culture, he is just pointing out that sometimes music and clothes can contribute to different culture in different races. Even so, this doesn't make sense on how interracial couples and cultural differences are the same discussion. And just because different races live in the same country doesn't mean they all go by the same cultures, that is what makes this country so different because everyone has freedom of religion and culture.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:26 PM #100 of 210
we are talking about relationships/newly weds. Yes over time this will obviously disappear/spouse will get used to it.
Do you reckon most people date folks who live far away, or close by?

Quote:
Get out in the real world, open your eyes a bit. There's cultural differences that go with being of a different race, yes, even in this 'melting pot' you call the United States. I beg you to find anybody else that will say otherwise.

And I didn't say entirely different cultures. Maybe your problem is interpreting my words to mean something they never actually said.
Oh, so when you say cultural differences, but not entirely different cultures, you mean that they like different music, they wear different brands of shoes and they are on opposite sides of The Great Pepsi / Coke Debate, right?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?