Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:10 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 04:10 PM #1601 of 3592
I opened up this morning and I had more people waiting in line to get in than I had pre-orders available for them. I told all but the first six they weren't getting one, and unless they wanted something else, they could go home. Effectively stopped that rush before I even opened.

I pre-ordered mine when my boss got there, and he pre-ordered his as well, making all 8 reservations officially done. We were the last two.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:15 PM #1602 of 3592
I'm sure that they appreciated you telling them that they were wasting their time. Did they cry?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Oct 10, 2006 at 05:03 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:45 PM #1603 of 3592
well on ebgames website for the ps3 they already said that due to high demand and limited quantities that they close the in-store pre-order...

I hope the pre-order for Canada will soon begin I really want one at the launch date XD if not I hope that it's true that there'll be 1.5m other console by the end of the year...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:53 PM #1604 of 3592
The only reason why I want one on launch day is to sell it on eBay and make easy money.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:57 PM #1605 of 3592
Or you could be nice and sell it to me... lol

No, really...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 09:08 PM #1606 of 3592
Yup. That was the exact reason I wanted to pre-order it. I saw a chance with the 360, saw a chance with Subsistence, but god be damned if I was going to let the PS3 slip away without me doing something about it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Love it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:11 PM #1607 of 3592
Subsistence?

FELIPE NO

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:35 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 01:35 PM #1608 of 3592
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
The only reason why I want one on launch day is to sell it on eBay and make easy money.
Except this isn't going to work because people will be signing up ebay accounts and bidding on PS3 ebay auctions deliberately to ruin them. Yes, I can see people boycotting PS3 auctions before they've even began. All the grand parents, mothers and fathers will be so pissed off.

It's sad because people don't grasp this concept. You aren't guaranteed to resell a PS3. The same thing happened with the 360.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 04:47 PM #1609 of 3592
Originally Posted by Elixir
Except this isn't going to work because people will be signing up ebay accounts and bidding on PS3 ebay auctions deliberately to ruin them. Yes, I can see people boycotting PS3 auctions before they've even began. All the grand parents, mothers and fathers will be so pissed off.

It's sad because people don't grasp this concept. You aren't guaranteed to resell a PS3. The same thing happened with the 360.
So then they can return them if they don't sell it. It's not like they are opened items.

Last edited by Cetra; Oct 10, 2006 at 07:49 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:21 PM #1610 of 3592
So, did my sister come through for me?

Spoiler:

You're damn right she did.

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves!

Quote:
While I won't lecture you about that plan (since I've considered it from time to time), a bit of my heard does bleed for the poor guys who camped out in the freezing cold just to get a pre-order that may or may not guarantee them a system.

And although I can't resist some guys getting screwed from their little "easy money" plot, I feel inclined to warn some of you like Metal Sphere about the online rumblings concerning a new policy.

Spoiler:
There's word going around that Ebay is prohibiting the sale of PS3 systems until Feb or March 2007.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:36 PM #1611 of 3592
I would love to see that eBay rule go through. Not that I have anything against anyone here, and I love laughing at people who pay WAY too much for stuff. But at the same time I don't think that it's right... for many reasons.

Secondly I may, or may not be getting a PS3 at launch, however I will be getting a Wii at launch and I'll just play around with that until I get my PS3, seeing how 1.5 million units are supposed to ship in the two nonths following the PS3's release, which is a little less then half the amount of 360s sould to date I do believe.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 08:37 PM #1612 of 3592
I don't fucking like the people who do that. That really, really pisses me off that people do that sorta thing. Wouldn't you be extremely pissed off to be, say #11 in line, and the 10th guy got the last one only to sell it on eBay for a 300% mark-up? I'd beat his ass and steal his PS3. Hell, if he told me about it before he got his, I'd beat his ass and steal his spot in line!

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:48 PM #1613 of 3592
My thoughts exactly. I just didn't want to put it in such detailed words ^^;
However after reading your nicely discriptive post I feel like beating up some guys in God Hand... aw crap, I don't have that yet. Guess Beat Down will just have to do.

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:07 PM #1614 of 3592
Originally Posted by Slayer X
I would love to see that eBay rule go through. Not that I have anything against anyone here, and I love laughing at people who pay WAY too much for stuff. But at the same time I don't think that it's right... for many reasons.
eBay is already clamping down on PS3 auctions by removing listings and suspending the sellers responsible. Sony is supposebly going to keeping an eye on eBay too so that any auctions that use their copyright, IE images or product descriptions, then they'll have them pulled.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:21 PM #1615 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Spoiler:
There's word going around that Ebay is prohibiting the sale of PS3 systems until Feb or March 2007.
WTF. Why?

Originally Posted by SouthJag
I don't fucking like the people who do that. That really, really pisses me off that people do that sorta thing. Wouldn't you be extremely pissed off to be, say #11 in line, and the 10th guy got the last one only to sell it on eBay for a 300% mark-up? I'd beat his ass and steal his PS3. Hell, if he told me about it before he got his, I'd beat his ass and steal his spot in line!
Calm down there boy. This is a video game console, not a transplant organ. Oh, and, you already stole somebody's spot in line.

FELIPE NO

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:41 PM #1616 of 3592
Waiting in line for this kind of stuff drives me up a wall. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me on this, but it is so damn childish and juvenile.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 09:59 PM #1617 of 3592
Calm down there boy. This is a video game console, not a transplant organ. Oh, and, you already stole somebody's spot in line.
There's a difference -- my advantage comes form being an employee. Employees who buy and resell like that get fired.

Still, it aggravates me to no end to see people do that. It's under-handed and highway robbery. After Hurricane Katrina, police stations were shutting down gas stations who were doing what's known as "price gouging." This is the same thing -- buying up a limited supply of something and selling it back at an exhaustingly high price. And it's wrong.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:07 PM #1618 of 3592
I'm not price gouging though. People are voluntarily coughing up that amount of money for the system. I'm simply making it available to the highest bidder.

Quote:
Waiting in line for this kind of stuff drives me up a wall. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me on this, but it is so damn childish and juvenile.
I agree to an extent. If your purpose is to make money off of it by auctioning it off, then I don't think that it's childish. Camping out because "OMG I'VE GOT TO HAVE A PS3 LAUNCH DAY!!!!" is ridiculous though. Were I not wanting to make some quick cash, I'd be waiting probably at least a year before I bought one.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 01:15 PM #1619 of 3592
Getting stuff day one is exciting though, you can look forward to all sorts of cool system faults and spending hours on the phone with tech-support! :dopey_love:

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 04:19 PM #1620 of 3592
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
So is buying a PS3 for the entire purpose of selling it on ebay for your own profit, but people won't learn.

Seriously, don't do it. I can't stop you, but it isn't right. People will legitimately be bidding on PS3 auctions in a desperate attempt to obtain one before christmas, people will be boycotting them with 0 feedback accounts, people will be selling PS3 stickers, emails, hats, dogs, pens, and everything under the moon when it comes the time.

It's basically going to be a clusterfuck of aids. Everyone likes money, but the PS3's so popular you won't be able to resell them.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:20 PM #1621 of 3592
That's still price gouging though Muck. Even if consumers are willing to pay that price, you're knowingly over-charging them for it (if you yourself are reselling PS3s. If not, consider "you" a general statement). And I still don't like that, either way you slice it. We'll agree to disagree for argument's sake though, since this is an entirely subjective discussion.

In other news, even though all the PS3 reserves went out, nobody preordered any games. There were, though, four accessories we could've preordered, one of which was a wireless Logitech controller for $40.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:23 PM #1622 of 3592
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
Getting stuff day one is exciting though, you can look forward to all sorts of cool system faults and spending hours on the phone with tech-support! :dopey_love:
EXACTLY! That's why I wait. Oh, and the fact that I have a huge amount of games from the previous system to play... oh, and I don't care about videogames that much.

How ya doing, buddy?

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:31 PM #1623 of 3592
It's not even just about the money, but also the fact that they HAVE to have their PS3 on opening day. They can't wait a couple weeks. So they wait like slaves outside a store for 2 days. It isn't morally wrong, but I personally find it pathetic.

FELIPE NO
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:31 PM #1624 of 3592
Originally Posted by Elixir
So is buying a PS3 for the entire purpose of selling it on ebay for your own profit, but people won't learn.
How exactly is it childish? Mean, perhaps. But childish? Come on.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
It's not even just about the money, but also the fact that they HAVE to have their PS3 on opening day. They can't wait a couple weeks. So they wait like slaves outside a store for 2 days. It isn't morally wrong, but I personally find it pathetic.
It's amusing though. Just like all of those people that camped out for weeks for Star Wars.

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Oct 10, 2006 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 04:39 PM #1625 of 3592
How exactly is it childish? Mean, perhaps. But childish? Come on.
Okay.

Let's say somebody buys a PS3 on launch. They've sold out of consoles america-wide on the first day. You can't purchase them in stores until they've restocked, which won't happen for a few weeks. But, you have one. So, you stick an auction on ebay with an insane profit margin.

Meanwhile, half of the kids in america still want one. They have their parents, with credit cards, hop on ebay in hopes to purchase one. They're aware the price is higher than purchasing one from a store, but they still do it. And in the process, you have people ruining people's chances of getting one through ebay thanks to boycotting.

And then you have the person with the PS3, who either gets a slap in the face thanks to boycotting (which is bound to happen on every single PS3 auction to ever be listed), or you have some poor parent paying way too much for something, just because their kid wants it now. It's like taking candy from a baby.

How is this not childish? You're not meant to purchase something deliberately to turn around and sell it for such an insane profit. And people just know this will happen, so instead of enjoying what you have, you profit from the situation which wouldn't even take place if Sony had supplied more units.

Like I said, I can't stop you, but it's extremely childish. The same could be said if a store was selling PS3s for double the price, but I don't expect to see that happen. Most people will either be able to get one, or not get one. I can't see ebay coming into the picture at all.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread